It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery helicopter - Any idea's?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ceekay

Looks interesting but hard call. Can you link a better picture. Bigger and close up? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Looks kind of like a Russian Mil MI-17 or Mil MI-26 transport/cargo helicopter.

These are used around here locally for training missions.

The sponsons make it look like the S92.

edit on 21-6-2014 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

On the original pics the helicopter is extremely small as it was very high up, you're more than welcome to have those and if you can enlarge them without losing quality it would help. Unfortunately I'm not able to that.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I can't identify the helicopter but the bright glow beneath it could be an aerosol cloud being formed beneath it because it is spraying something and thecsomeeing is catching the light from the sun.
A reply to: ceekay

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Having been in Marine Corps aviation (having crewed on CH-46 helicopters), to me it looks like a CH-53 from below and behind. Though I haven't really studied the pics, but that's the first thing I thought of.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ceekay

BTW, if you post the time and general area it flew over someone might be able to look it up on one of those flight tracker websites. A bird that big, and probably commercial, would need a flight plan I'd think and might show up.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I have tried to upload the original image to the gallery on here but it gets to 99% and then seems to freeze.

It was yesteryday afternoon at around 2pm -ish (would probably have to say between 1pm and 3pm just to be safe as I was busy with the kids and didn't check the time, but roughly thats what it would have been)
The actual noise of it made me go outside to look, as it didn't sound like a standard helicopter that we get over this way. It also didn't sound like a chinook (we get them over here fairly regularly) but it was similar to a chinook, that deep loud thrumming sound of the blades. We didn't actually see it until it came out from behind the clouds, and then realised how high it was. It was travelling from the south to a north direction. We are in the Leicestershire area.

edit on 22-6-2014 by ceekay because: adding location

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

What people are seeing as a bright cloud etc is just the bottom of the helicopter and the two sponsons on either side, which are painted white and slightly over-exposed.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
How on earth can people imagine clouds, explosions and someone even was weird enough to suggest a V-22, i am not saying people should instantly know the make/model but not recognizing a regular helicopter from such a clear (albeit low res), and then even imagines clouds and explosions etc, mind boggling.

Atleast this thread explains 99% of all the ufo sightings, people without common sense dreaming up all kinds of # and then reporting their weird fantasies.

Yes, i am well aware that i sound like giant douchebag but yeah...i am lost for words...
edit on 2014-6-23 by JesperA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join