It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting trail photo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation
This Wikipedia article says that the red color is a dye added to the retardant so the pilots can spot areas already sprayed. Red is the traditional color used, but sometimes other colors are used.

Wildfire retardants Fire retardants applied to wildfires are usually a mixture of water and chemicals designed to wet the area as well as chemically retard a fire's progression through vegetation. Typically it is colored[17] so that the application area can be seen from the air. New gel-based retardants which meet NFPA Standard 1150 are being introduced into use. These are dyed other colors to differentiate them from the traditional red retardant. The gels and their dyes are designed to biodegrade naturally.[18] Phos-Chek is a brand of long-term retardant currently approved for wildland fire use.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Maybe but I think it's more like this

ETA: Either way I was wrong to call it delusional. So for that I apologize.
edit on 22-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

ETA2: Since it's too late to delete the comment I offer this as a token of my contrition

edit on 22-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well, against all my immediate expectations
BBC news is carrying a story that is a proposal at the very least to re route air traffic from Europe to the USA to reduce [contrail blooming] (my words), over our sky so someone has recognized something, and it is about clouding from jet trails. Not much detail other than a re route would add only 22Km to a East/West journey. There was no mention of the jet stream return journeys though, a potentionally much bigger threat to clouding on it's own but at least, first things first.
In edit, I find the story is from the 19th June BBC online at least. You can read it here,

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 22-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
Indeed - real studies of contrail formation have been happening for years to establish their effects, and there is a factual case to be made for reducing them.

nothing to do with "chemtrails" tho - anything factual has been routinely ignored or pooh-poohed by chemtrail believers - science does not help them!!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thought id put here as its a fairly good one, i took this the other near where i live in england.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs
That's amazing! Where do you suppose those chempuffs came from?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: Biigs
That's amazing! Where do you suppose those chempuffs came from?

I live mid England and we have (normally) very high, aka 35,000 feet, flight path so while we see the flights we can barely hear them.

Its not normally that serve, which is why i took the photo for ATS scrutiny.

Due to the same direction, they mostly fly one way every x hours, so the drift in this could simply be hanging contrails over the course of the day - but the coverage is just slightly suspicious in that it covers SUCH a massive area over a long period of time.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Hi waynos - don't know if you've seen the thread on Metabunk with some nice analysis of this formation (including lots of other photos of it)?

www.metabunk.org...

Would you be able to post the exact time and location of your photo?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Hi, yes, this is the same one discussed in that thread, it was over Manchester as I had been with my camera to MAN-EGCC for the afternoon and i was on my way home in the evening. The info already in that thread tallies up with my vague recollection. I'm afraid I can't give an exact location as I was on my way from the airport to South Yorkshire and I don't know the names of the various bits of Greater Manchester I pass through, but it was fairly close to Stockport if that helps. I only took it to post it on here, knowing the sort of thing we normally get, so the original has gone, along with all my other reject shots, and the photo bucket upload doesn't retain the necessary info, sorry.
edit on 9-7-2014 by waynos because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join