It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man claims he was told to remove American flag over 'threat' toward Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I really find it disturbing that so many people who have served in the military think they actually know everything they need to know and just #ing stop learning anything else for the rest of their #ing lives.

I see flag wavers everywhere, maybe if they concentrated more on the task at hand they wouldn't feel that expressing their meaningless opinions and attitudes on others was anything but a waste of time.

My Daddy taught me everything I needed to know before I grew up, the drunk guy at the bar said.....I really wanted to tell the drunk tard that his Daddy may have been trying to save him the time of getting dinged and dented and learning the hard way, expecting that maybe the idiot would progress from there and become more than the teacher.

There are no American's or any other nationalities left on this planet, just a bunch of corporate wage slaves who are owned by the banks.

Believe what you want to believe, even if it is completely wrong, I guess that's just what people have to do to get them through their day.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

The Spanish killed off most of the Indians with their diseases. The proof is what they also did to the Native Indians in South America. Also, look at the map of the history of the U.S. Most of them were Spanish and French. It's noted that most of the Indians died off before major European settlements, and the British came last. Now the U.S did expand westward after gaining independence from the British. But if we were to go by this logic, then China, and probably, most countries, were not formed legitly either.

I mean, if you were to study the history of China entirely, you'll see that it's just a bunch of conquered tribes who now call themselves Chinese, because their ancestors got conquered and their culture got erased. It all started out as the State of Chu(who annexed territories around them by force), and became the Han Dynasty, then because the Northern Tribes saw what the State of Chu was doing, they formed an alliance and formed the State of Jin, then you have another alliance in Western China who called themselves the State of Qin. And this is how the 3 Warring States started. The State of Qin won, and Qin Shi Huang prolaimed himself Emperor of all of the states, so the First Emperor of China wasn't even part of the Han Dynasty.
Then Qin Shi Huang expanded southward and conquered what is now Yunnan and Hong Kong(Hong Kong wasn't part of China initially. wiki Trieu Dynasty and you'll see a map that shows that the Han Chinese were only about 1/5th of China initially). We were the one tribe that was able to resist their expansionism(well, only half a tribe really).

Then the NorthEast China tribes(which used to be a country called Manchuria) invaded the Han Dynasty 1000 years later and got assimilated(the funny thing about China is that even though all the invaders conquered the Han,
they all got assimilated, so if you're Northern or Western Chinese, you're not really Chinese at all. To call yourself Chinese would be like the Mongolians proclaiming themselves Chinese. Heck, it would be like the Koreans calling themselves Chinese. Yeah, there are borders that separate Korea as a country now, but suppose China were to annex Korea, and erased the borders from the map, then 1000 years later, I guess the Koreans would have no choice but to proclaim themselves Chinese. In addition, if you were to read a novel called Legend of Condor Heroes(which is also another novel based on historical facts, but most of the characters are fictitious), you can clearly see the Chinese viewing the Jins as the enemies.

So you can see that not one part of China was formed "legitly." It all makes sense if you think about it, there's no way a country with 56 ethnic tribes with their own language and culture would all willingly submit themselves
to one language(which albeit unique, is impractical and sounds terrible), and ruler.

At the end of the day, there's not much difference between the U.S and China. The only difference is that the U.S did it on a new continent, whereas China did it 2000 years ago(it's eerie how similar the shapes of the countries are now too).

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Another thing is that without the U.S, the world would be in chaos. You can see that the Chinese have been an imperialistic nation throughout history. Only the Mongolians, who reduced half of their population, stopped them temporarily. That's not to say that the Mongolians were some kind of heroes, but like I've said, if it weren't for the Mongolians, then the Chinese, Japanese, Nazis, the Hispanics(if the British didn't come to America), the Muslims would have taken over the world eventually.

Even though the way they've gone about it could have been better, only the U.S have the right idea about democracy and equality for all. It would be much worse, if any other country was to have the atomic bombs, because most of these countries don't differentiate on political differences, they differentiate on race and religion, and because there are a lot more of these countries, the chances of world wars are much higher.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I don't know what else to say to this besides those apartment managers could kiss my ass if they told me I couldn't hang an American flag outside. Not like I was hanging Muslims or anything...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I highly suggest everyone google the el dorado apt. complex and see the reviews from people before this even became news. It seems as tho management was screwing people over for a while - Cockroach infested, not fixing ac units, stealing deposits, taking weeks to fix anything, being rude etc. These people seem like scum - see for yourself. I hope they go out of business

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I have been in the service, combat too...

Being in the service and in combat forced me to think of why I was there at all, and it occurred to me I was fighting and killing and bleeding (yeah, I'm a service connected disabled veteran) and watching my comrades die was really kinda stupid.

I was too young to know better, but I grew up one day and don't need to claim to be airborne anymore to justify something so completely wrong.

I guess the brainwashing didn't stick like it did with you and people like you who claim that anyone who has ever served has to remain an ignorant patriot their entire life.

Flags don't represent anything but property, king of the hill kind of #, bullies on the playground.

Life isn't a stinkin game, but I suppose it has to be to justify acting like killing and destroying stuff is OK sometimes.

It's never ok no matter whose team you are on, once people realize that they just might eliminate war altogether, but there's so goddamned much money to be made waging war........

Wait, not money, Debt (DEATH).

Get over it.

Sorry for your injury yet glad you figured war was a losing game. I hung up my spurs back in 77 and never looked back; many of my generation felt betrayed much as the Iraqi vets do today. Big difference for us was the rumor there were 1700 POWS left behind because the U.S. government would not pay (2 billion) in war reparations to the Vietnamese for their release.

The colored piece of cloth or a nations flag can be a rather touchy subject for anyone regardless of nationality.

I could fly the American flag where I am now and there would be no problem... Unless I flew it "above" the countries flag where I reside .. I really do not know what would happen but out of respect for my host country I would not do it anyway.

I could video tape me burning their flag and give it to a local news station.. The odds of me surviving a week or not being kicked out of the country are slim to none IMO. The flag represents their country and their people. So by me desecrating their flag it is like me taking a dump on their people.. They tend to be more primitive and maybe not as enlightened as the progressive modern world for in their minds they have clear lines between right and wrong as well as what is disrespectful. One of the reasons I live here.

The only time I would pick up arms again for some patriotic war would be if the Bad guys (in my mind) were coming over the hill, my hill, to create mayhem.. Then regardless of the uniform worn if I am able then they will pay with their lives as no doubt I will to... Some things are just worth it IMO.

Let us both hope our fighting days for any cause except our own is over.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I've definately noticed a big shift in relations to 'Muslims' coming from the USA of late.

I remember when we had loads of Threads complaining about the 'muslims' in the UK and we would get aplogists coming from the USA saying not to worry & stop being Bigoted, racist, Prejudice etc etc...

it seems now those people are now seeing the same things happen in the USA.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
The UK is particularly sensitive to it's foreign residents.

This UK resident disagrees with you.

Please, don't spread lies about my country.

and this UK resident says he's right. no lies. the uk is HYPERsensitive to it's 'foreign residents'.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
What does it say about displaying flags in his rental agreement? Many of these communities have rules against displaying flags and I'm willing to bet this one is no different. The tv station mentioned that other residents displayed patriotic symbols and nobody complained but none of them were flags. This guy more than likely didn't read his agreement and thinks by adding "the Muslims might get offended" will get the complex to let him do what he wants even if it's against the rules.

What the hell does that say about America when it's own flag can't even be flown here.

Screw 'rental' Agreements.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That business owners are free to operate the business the way they want to?
I swear there has been a couple threads of people not agreeing with business practices and the fact that it is a private business and they can run it as they please is how most of the business owners tend to lean. Even adding that is what is so great about how we do business in this country.
That is how the free market works, you run your business the way you want to and the free market decides if it was a good one or not.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

So the flag of the country they are living in is offensive to them? Then I think they should either get over it or move. Just because this country is full of christians, this is not a christian country and people need to grow up...it's just a flag.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Some peeps get really worked up about a symbol on a piece of cloth.. Nationalistic pride is a very effective method of control...

People divided are people divided...

Burn all the flags...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
You may find the muslims don't care if you hang your flag, it's just the apartment manager being an ass, in my town here in England one Christmas they where saying in the papers the banners in town would have to be taken down because they said Merry Christmas which offends the muslim community, and replaced with ones that said seasonal greetings.

This was all BS of course because at the time I was working in the markets with some muslim guys and they where pretty mad about the papers because they had no problems with the banners or decorations at all.

It was just some people who work for local news papers trying to stir s##t.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Atzil321
Stop being so hysterical.. If the manager did say what is claimed, He/she is clearly an idiot. As far as I am aware, the flag still flies proudly on buildings right across the United States - no need for panic

But this is how it begins. It's happened in other countries. The UK is particularly sensitive to it's foreign residents. The only reason not to fly an American flag in America is if it's tattered, frayed or dirty. If you see one like that, you can insist it be taken down.

There are two points to this...

1. If you rent somewhere there will be terms and conditions attached to the lease. If one of them is a no flags hanging from individual apartments, then it's the rule you have signed up for. Don't like it? Move. It has already been stated that an American flag hangs in a prominent place onsite, so there is clearly nothing to imply there is a bias against it. But then I think if one of this mans neighbours hung a flag (nationality, sports team of choice, who knows, sexual preference?) he didn't like then he would be venting who knows how much fury about that.

2. "The UK is particularly sensitive to it's foreign residents" - what is that supposed to mean and what does it have to do with anything? And I hate to break this to you, but Islam is a faith, not a race, or country. Being a Muslim doesn't mean you are 'foreign'. By making that statement alone you are fairly much letting your real feelings show.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join