It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you give money to those standing on corners with signs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
From time to time ill give them a few bucks but mostly i only give to the salvation army but i do give money to the homeless on occasions i dont make it an everyday habit.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
After moving to a big city, one is taught not to give money as they can supposedly grab your wallet or worse. But I always break down when they are with kids...

Charities are a great way to help (or at least make you feel like you did).

Zdrowie

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I remember once when I was about 17, me and a couple of friends were heading out for a Saturday night of drinking some beer, we wanted to eat first, so we stopped a Subway,

pulled in the parking lot, there was an old guy sitting by the door, his clothes were filthy, he had a long beard that was dirty grey, etc.

I told them I wasn't getting out of the car. I wouldn't go in there and eat knowing that the old man, probably had not had anything to eat that day.

We sat for a couple of minutes and decided, we could get a little less to eat for ourselves and maybe buy a little less booze and then we would have enough, to buy him a sandwich and give him a couple of bucks for some alchohol. I pretty much knew that's what he would spend it on, and like someone else said, if it would help get him through the night...

so as we approached the man, we noticed he was already eating, someone ( I assume ) had already given him some food and a coke. So I took the $7-8 dollars that me and my friends had decided to part with and handed it to the man.

He looked up at us and smiled and said "thank you", I told him he was welcomed and mentioned a church that I knew of that would let people sleep inside the basement. He actually asked for the directions so we pointed him and he took off.

I don't give money to those who stand at the intersections and malls with the signs... I just don't trust them, I hope I'm right.

<< 1   >>

join