It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning time lapse photography of the night sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is my first thread on ATS so please be gentle.

I love to be outdoors at night where I can watch the stars. But THIS MAN has taken it one step further. Vincent Brady has set up a system of cameras to photograph the night sky with time lapse photography.

This is an example of his photography....

I think this is beautiful to watch and so is his other photography. I hope you enjoy.

Mura

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

What a wonderful way to start my day thank you

That truly is stunning photography, I'm off to check out his website.

S&F Mura.................. for a first thread that's a doozy.

Check your u2u's

Cody

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

WOW!
Star, flag and a pat on the back.
That was visually stunning
Like Cody said, for a first thread that was fantastico

Thats a great avatar you have there too....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Nice find.

Thanks for sharing.

S&F

Have a great day.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I love these time lapse shoots. Quite a few are getting around now as equipment prices come down, and this one was impressively beautiful. Thanks for posting!

But hang on... I have a question, if this is your first thread your flag count thing in your avatar doesn't match up!? *confused*

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
I love these time lapse shoots. Quite a few are getting around now as equipment prices come down, and this one was impressively beautiful. Thanks for posting!

But hang on... I have a question, if this is your first thread your flag count thing in your avatar doesn't match up!? *confused*

I don't think Mura counted the intro post as a thread.

Just a guess

Cody

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Thank you everyone. Qumulys, I seemed to have received some flags for my intro thread, but this is not about flags.

This is about me sharing something that wowed me this morning, something that IMHO is beautiful, and the admiration I felt for the photographer who went to the trouble to set it up, and follow through with the editing and posting and music which gave me pleasure.

(And it's also about me taking a step towards giving to ATS members a little something of what they have given to me - fascinating pictures, ideas, discussions, arguments, laughs, inspiration and a whole lot of wasted time!
)

So glad you enjoyed it.
Mura
edit on 21-6-2014 by Mura44 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Ahh, intro thread, makes sense now! So, technically this is a second thread
I second the notion of you having an awesome avatar by the way

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

We don't talk about THAT avatar .................................. bloody monkey beat me again LOL

Just kidding BFFT

Cody

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

*ashamed* I've totally dropped out of the avatar creation thread... Just took a quick look and some of the work in there is amazing, and to be honest if I had a choice between your design or bfft's work I'd take them both and change them on a daily basis. But it is a stunning one!

So off topic...

On topic, is this on vimeo by any chance? Because sadly even on 1080p youtube there is a stack of compression artifacts which takes away from the great imagery. Grrr youtube.

Also, I really dug the music! Reminded me very much of this piece.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It is amazing that what we think we see happening is by far not always what is happening. When we see the sun rise and travel through the sky, we do not really usually pay attention to the big picture, we concentrate on the moment.

We see it is morning, then the sun is in a different position then it is setting, we get the illusion that the sun is moving through the sky. But we are turning and there are many different forces at play, our position in space is always changing, never returning to the same place. But we think we are going around the sun, which is not really true either because our orbit is a springshaped structure. Always changing.

Now that I have had a mind fart, I will let everyone just enjoy the picture, it is more important to enjoy the show than to overthink things.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Glad you enjoyed it rickymouse!

Qumulys, I think the music enhances the video, rather lovely, isn't it?

Lol, Cody, hugs for your effort on my avatar. Did you check out the website? I am absolutely in awe of Vincent Brady. You see amazing photos so often and then someone unique comes along and just blows your mind in a completely new and different way. Using the same equipment available to all of us but in an imaginative way to produce something really special.

Thanks for the replies.
Mura

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I might have had a quick peek

And maybe a play around

Cody

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Wow, that's beautiful. Lol, one creative genius with the same equipment available to all of us inspires another with the same equipment available to all of us to do something unique and special.

I might just have to pinch that as an alternative avatar......

Mura

new topics

top topics

join