It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my auto biography (condensed)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Here's the short version of my pathetic life.

My name is Steve, i come from the sparsely populated state of South Dakota, and really have no intention of ever leaving. Something about not having the congestion of bigger cities. after graduating middle of my class in high school, i went on to college at South Dakota State University. after a semester of that i dropped out, and went on to the high paying job of assistant manager at a local restaraunt, (this is not to be taken as a racist part here so bear with me) after having my life threatened by a couple of colored gentlemen who thought they were in a gang, over the price of a bacon and eggs meal, i left that job. i went on to work for my father who owns a nursing home. well now that i realize that this job sucks, i'm taking some night classes to get accepted back to college. i hope to one day be a journalist.

My interests are varied. i love baseball (i've got season tickets to our local Northern League team, the Sioux Falls Canaries). Nascar is probably my favorite sport, Matt Kenseth is my driver of choice. When i'm not doing anything i grab my fishing pole and head off to the river and usually don't even get my lure in the water, usually i just take a nap. I also really enjoy anything to do with guns, i shoot trap, skeet, and sporting clays. in the winter i shoot a handgun league. I currently own over 150 guns, and shoot most of them regularly. I'm not big on hunting though, mostly just target shooting. Although in the fall i know a guy who owns a ranch and he pays us to shoot his coyotes, so that's usually the only time i kill anything during the year.

I'm a Conservative, I am pro life, anti death penalty, small government, pro 2nd amendment, and an NRA member. I also feel that the Republican Party has gone way to far left lately, maybe some day they will get back on track but i don't see it happening anytime in the near future.

Well that's my piece, hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better.

[Edited on 5/28/2003 by AegisFang]

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Wow Steve you sound unhappy, you sound like the life they have in the Good Girl which I watched recently with Jennifer Aniston, is this the case?
I hate guns

AF1

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I love guns!!!

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I really hate guns

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I really hate guns Posted by Britchick

Never been to the range, have you?

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Not a range as such no, but I don't agree with them - I think they cause a lot of deaths and heart ache in the world especially in the USA because you can pick one up at the store.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You don't agree with guns? Personally, I try not to argue with inanimate objects, but that's just me.

Chick, you've got things a bit askew. The violence isn't because you can buy a gun in a store, it is indicative of a problem with the violent person.

So, let's get this right, if that 115 pound woman is agressed against by the 300 pound man, she should not have the right to have an equalizer? Don't assume that with my wife. She carries and can burn your eyes out better than most men eye know. Maybe even a better thost than me, but I'll never tell her!

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"God made all men, Samuel Colt made them equal"... that is a very true statement.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You don't agree with guns? Personally, I try not to argue with inanimate objects, but that's just me.

Chick, you've got things a bit askew. The violence isn't because you can buy a gun in a store, it is indicative of a problem with the violent person.

So, let's get this right, if that 115 pound woman is agressed against by the 300 pound man, she should not have the right to have an equalizer? Don't assume that with my wife. She carries and can burn your eyes out better than most men eye know. Maybe even a better thost than me, but I'll never tell her!

Hi

I know it is the person holding the gun doing the shooting however if the gun was not available in the first place they wouldn't be able to shoot it.
America has got a gun problem and I don't care if you say it is in your constitution but when you have got school kids going into the play ground and shooting their class mates you have got a problem.
In some schools you have metal detactors to make sure the kids haven't got guns.

Sorry I don't really get what you are saying about your wife, but yeah if a 300lb man is beating up a 115lb woman then sure that is unfair but giving her the right to have a gun doesn't mean she will be able to get to it. I think the dangers by far out weigh any benefits.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I smell a great debate...

Hey whos up for that?

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Definately!
Debate sounds great

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Im up for the debate, William, care to include that for the debate tournament? Britchick, have you signed up yet? We are one person short.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
No how do i do that?
I will if i know how

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
U2U William and ask to sign up, and throw in the gun control issue for debate

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
God I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning!! 150 guns. Hot damn. My measley arsenal only has an SKS semiauto and an 1851 Confederate Navy Replica muzzleloading six shooter. I am sorry that gun owners have gotten a bad rap by all the low lifes that use them to commit crimes. The fault is with the criminal, not the gun. The answer to this is to institute the death penalty for any crime comitted with a firearm regardless of whether it was actually discharged or not. Once we start frying these criminals it may start to register that comitting crimes with guns is not the answer to life's problems. The reason criminals get away with using guns is because we the citizens allow it. Because of prison overcrowding criminals do one or two years then are set free to do it again. Dead criminals will not overcrowd prisons or become repeat offenders. Neither will their illegitimate offspring be a burden on public assistance.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that here we carry our handguns openly and proudly on our hip. You only get in trouble when you try to conceal it.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Nice bio there Aegis.I happen to be a big gun lover as well, guns don't kill people kill. Our political views are basicly alike. I planned on joining the NRA soon, just got to get a few things straightend out.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Its nice to get to know you better AegisFang! Thanks for sharing!

new topics

top topics

join