It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi ATS :-)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Obviously I am new here on the forum but I suppose I should say something about my way of thinking here that led me to this forum.

I'm from the U.S. and for one thing I am rather conservative rather than liberal, but I also feel that the liberal/conservative thing is a false dichotomy that has been set up for us by the powers that be---we really don't have as much choice as voters as we think we do, in my opinion. Major political candidates of both parties hail from clubs like Bilderberg, the CFR, and the Trilateral Commission where real policy issues that affect our lives are discussed. A lot of the time I wonder "Where are the big decisions of world politics really decided?" and "How is the public influenced to support these decisions when they are made?"

In the Dark Ages they burned people at the stake as heretics for expressing politically incorrect opinions. Nowadays someone's reputation and career can be destroyed for a politically incorrect opinion, as for example Brandon Eich who was forced to step down as CEO of Mozilla for his opinion on gay marriage. There's always been that mob mentality at play, even from the time they cried "Crucify him! Crucify him!" when Jesus was before Pontius Pilate. It seems to me that the real powers behind the scenes of society have all along been very adept at manipulating the mob to demand just what they want.

It's my nature to see conspiracies behind a lot of things in society, but at the same time a lot of the conspiracy theories that are put forward simply stretch my credulity too much for me to accept them.

Anyways, that's a lot of my way of thinking about things that led me to this site. I'm not here that I expect to find "the truth" about everything I wonder about, either, but maybe just some food for thought.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jkl333

Welcome to ATS jkl333 and have a flag on me.

If you collect enough of them for posting awesome content, you won't have to look at all those annoying ads anymore.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Greetings from your neighbor up North

It's my nature to see conspiracies behind a lot of things in society, but at the same time a lot of the conspiracy theories that are put forward simply stretch my credulity too much for me to accept them.

I agree. When I hear about a current event going on (let's use the conflict(s) in Africa for example) I wonder if there is something more going on behind the scene. ((Africa has LOTS of oil)) What is it that they aren't telling us? Is there some hidden agenda?
Kony 2012 was a perfect example of a test to see if people would rally behind a cause. A story breaks about this leader of a gorilla type group that was killing innocent people. It spread like wildfire across the internet & people were in an uproar about it. Then the real story breaks, it was all false. Here's the wiki page about it Kony 2012

There are other conspiracies (let's use the conspiracy about an alien base on the moon for example) that I disagree with & think are just hog wash.

Hope you enjoy exploring the Rabbit Hole.

Some people on here can be mean & nasty but don't let that deter you from learning & exploring.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FortAnthem

I have script blockers so I don't see those terrible ads

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Welcome.

May I throw a question at you? I'm not pointing spears - just inquisitive.

Is it bad to have organizations, such as Bilderberg, CFS, and TC, to collaborate?

I only ask because, in my viewpoint, among our leaders, there are a select bunch of people who are 1 of 3 things: 1) Wealthy 2) Intellectual or 3) Wealthy and Intellectual (yes, there is a distinction between them).

I've never heard arguments to support these groups. Sure, the conspiracy groups are out there, but where is the peer-reviewed debate to suggest these organizations are beneficial to society?
edit on 6-20-2014 by jrflipjr because: wine....

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Oh man sounds like you will fit right in here!
Good to a have another poster around, see ya around the boards.
Oh and if you need an avatar, head over the the avatar thread and tell them what you want and they will get something together for ya
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Welcome to ats .. thats ok here you just get locked in a dusty broomcloset and made to listen to elevater music .. oops.. erm .. meant you will fit right in .. things arent always as they seem .. also whatever you do .. dont look under the beds thats where the truly scary things hide and from time to time theyve been known to eat poor unsuspecting people ..

Enjoy your stay .. the rest should be along with your doorprizes .. erm welcome package .. erm . something like that ..

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr

Welcome.

May I throw a question at you? I'm not pointing spears - just inquisitive.

Is it bad to have organizations, such as Bilderberg, CFS, and TC, to collaborate?

I only ask because, in my viewpoint, among our leaders, there are a select bunch of people who are 1 of 3 things: 1) Wealthy 2) Intellectual or 3) Wealthy and Intellectual (yes, there is a distinction between them).

I've never heard to arguments to support these groups. Sure, the conspiracy groups are out there, but where is the peer-reviewed debate to suggest these organizations are beneficial to society?

Thanks for the welcome. I kind of see what you mean about wealth and intellect. These groups appear to have a distinct "globalist agenda" for want of a better term---and that's not bad in and of itself, either. What's bad is when a select group of very powerful elite individuals get together in secret and have discussions and come to understandings with each other that are effective all over the world. By the time we the people learn what these decisions are, they are fait accompli and there is nothing we can do about them anymore.

I, at least, am left with the feeling that things are the way they are because some elite powerful people got together in some corner of the world in some international context, and decided that's the way things were going to be all over the world. To cite some specific examples, I'm left with the feeling that the elites decided that gay marriage is going to be legal, college is going to cost a lot of money and is going to be used for political indoctrination as well as education, medical care is going to be very expensive, etc. We look at some of these things as crises, but they are really that way because the elites want them to be that way. Don't think Big Pharma isn't represented at Bilderberg, CFR, TC, etc.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
edit on 21/6/14 by Expat888 because: nvm .. quote attempt failed .. minor technical difficulties ..

edit on 21/6/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Welcome not only will you fit right in you already sound like a long time member. Look forward to your post.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I, at least, am left with the feeling that things are the way they are because some elite powerful people got together in some corner of the world in some international context, and decided that's the way things were going to be all over the world.

OK, Nice to meet ya and you're right.
One of those elite's will be running for the POTUS and their all ready grooming their daughter for politics.
We need to train the young NOW! They need to fight back and hit them hard!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I, at least, am left with the feeling that things are the way they are because some elite powerful people got together in some corner of the world in some international context, and decided that's the way things were going to be all over the world. To cite some specific examples, I'm left with the feeling that the elites decided that gay marriage is going to be legal, college is going to cost a lot of money and is going to be used for political indoctrination as well as education, medical care is going to be very expensive, etc. We look at some of these things as crises, but they are really that way because the elites want them to be that way. Don't think Big Pharma isn't represented at Bilderberg, CFR, TC, etc.

I'm left with the feeling that the elites decided that gay marriage is going to be legal
I'm curious about this statement. Why do you think the elites have anything to do with gay marriage?? Do you think there is a hidden agenda??

Did the elites decide that African Americans deserved the same rights as everyone else? Did they want segregation between African Americans & Caucasians to stop?
edit on 21-6-2014 by knoledgeispower because: code error

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower
I'm curious about this statement. Why do you think the elites have anything to do with gay marriage?? Do you think there is a hidden agenda??

Did the elites decide that African Americans deserved the same rights as everyone else? Did they want segregation between African Americans & Caucasians to stop?
The founding fathers were the elites in a sense at one time, and they said "...that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..." but some of them owned black slaves, so they didn't always practice what they preached.

But I do think there is a hidden agenda with this gay marriage. Humans are capable of all manner of carnality, but what is to be condoned by society?

Look no further than the U.N.'s Universal Declaration of Human Rights for the attitude of the elites on marriage and family:

Article 25, (2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.
No mention of fatherhood at all, never mind the responsibility of the father to provide that "special care and assistance." The elites (since WWII) want working mothers to bring up children and they want the father out of the picture, (except perhaps to pay child support.) They do not want children to have both a mother and a father. And it is that same Declaration of Human Rights that calls for "teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms" and "progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance..."

I think it is clear that the NWO requires the dissolution of the traditional nuclear family.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkl333

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

The founding fathers were the elites in a sense at one time, and they said "...that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights..." but some of them owned black slaves, so they didn't always practice what they preached.

But I do think there is a hidden agenda with this gay marriage. Humans are capable of all manner of carnality, but what is to be condoned by society?

Look no further than the U.N.'s Universal Declaration of Human Rights for the attitude of the elites on marriage and family:

Article 25, (2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.
No mention of fatherhood at all, never mind the responsibility of the father to provide that "special care and assistance." The elites (since WWII) want working mothers to bring up children and they want the father out of the picture, (except perhaps to pay child support.) They do not want children to have both a mother and a father. And it is that same Declaration of Human Rights that calls for "teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms" and "progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance..."

I think it is clear that the NWO requires the dissolution of the traditional nuclear family.

I'm not trying to start a fight with you, just trying to understand how you came to these bold conclusions.

You still didn't say what this hidden agenda is in regards to gay marriage. I'm really curious as to why you think there is one.

Why would the NWO require the dissolution of the traditional nuclear family? To me it is not clear.

The elites (since WWII) want working mothers to bring up children

That's funny because the complete opposite has happened since WW2 & really picked up steam in the 70's. If the elites wanted women at home, they sure aren't doing anything to act on it or enforce it any way, shape or form.

World War II created millions of jobs for women. Thousands of American women actually joined the military: 140,000 in the Women's Army Corps (United States Army) WAC; 100,000 in the Navy (WAVE); 23,000 in the Marines; 14,000 in the Navy Nurse Corps and, 13,000 in the Coast Guard. Although almost none saw combat, they replaced men in noncombat positions and got the same pay as the men would have on the same job. At the same time over 16 million men left their jobs to join the war in Europe and elsewhere, opening even more opportunities and places for women to take over in the job force.[36] Although two million women lost their jobs after the war ended, female participation in the workforce was still higher than it had ever been.
Women in the workforce

edit on 21-6-2014 by knoledgeispower because: forgot a code

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
What I was trying to say is that a lot of these women in the workforce are raising kids and trying to hold down a full-time job at the same time and the dad is nowhere to be seen. Who knows whose fault this situation is, but this is just seen as normal anymore. Something like 40% of births are out of wedlock and nearly half of marriages end in divorce. Boys are particularly vulnerable when they grow up without a father.

new topics

top topics

join