It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Selling Considerable Arms to the world....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Canada is not the open killing fields for the US and their enemies We really don't like American type policies at all here and our governments do tend to respond faster to the people's will than in the US, for example, we stopped a federal park to protect the desert here, and the natives are not going to allow that gasline through. Its going to be quite a challenge for the government for the natives have some pretty strong rights in this case....We had an archangel go to bat the natives pro bono, and it was part of the empowerment process: the honorable Tom Berger, years ago. He was a hero and freedom fighter. Now he's a judge so not all judges are derelict.

We have some good judges and could use a few more, and some good pro bono, legal workers and lay legal workers, lawyers and lay lawyers, advocates and really train our kids up the right way to deal with issues. To step up to the plate so to speak.

This is more a matter relating to Harpers private karma and criminal behavior

As for courts, well they need to be dealt on an ongoing nature, councils of citizens and trained legal volunteers nonstop overturning areas that need work.

edit on 21-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If anyone is suprised by this i'd like to know what rock they have been living under. Canada participates in just about every major military exercise or taining in the world as well as contributes troops to many conflicts. No different than their bretheren to the south except that they just like to "talk" peace.

originally posted by: stirling
As a Canadian, I am opposed to the proliferation of weapons to dictators........Especially those that I know will be used to oppress people we would tend to sympathise with.....
General Dynamics Canada is marketing 10 billion in armoured vehicles to Saudi Arabia.....a country whose people are rode roughshod over by the royalty.....
Women are treated as subhuman in many ways....

The world has a perception that we are a peaceful nation whose temperament is one of placid friendship and an outstretched hand.....
Yet we manufacture and sell many different weapons systems which end up being used against the very people we would normally seek to help......
The reason for this announcement is simply that I want the world to know that Canadians would probably be opposed to such sales should they ever be informed of them in a meaningful public way....
Personally I shudder to imagine the drones we market being used to target innocents as well as the guilty....(of what they may be guilty being a matter of perspective more than anything else.....)

My profound apologies to those who fall victim to our sales of next gen weapons and equipment our feverish arms industry profers.....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Of course Canada sells arms. Everybody sells arms. The Swiss are the 15th largest arms exporter. So what? At least in the West you can comfort yourself with the fact western arms are to expensive and to hard to maintain so that every third world dictatorship, rebel group, terrorist group ect. is not using your stuff. The Russian and the Chinese have that honor.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
the hiel harper regime is just an extension of the same nato that sells all the nasty stuff to dictators everywhere
who sold reactors to india Pakistan etc which led to them becoming nuclear armed?

there is talk of how the natives found a " secret" nuclear weapons facility on their land north of Kingston Ontario
ithe story was in native news papers a few years ago
it is patently illegal for this to exist there

this is not the Canadian people mind you
but since when do the people actually have a say in what the war machine does anyway?
edit on Satpm6b20146America/Chicago53 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin
a reply to: BobAthome

Slipping? Name me one current peacekeeping mission where Canadians are wearing blue helmets.

"one current peacekeeping mission" peace keeping, keeping the peace, apparently started as a thought/concept, here:

"The Peace of Antalcidas (387 BC), also known as the King's Peace,
was a peace treaty guaranteed by the Persian King Artaxerxes II "

So the concept is not new, but it does have its seasons,,

thats all one can hope for.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin
a reply to: BobAthome

Slipping? Name me one current peacekeeping mission where Canadians are wearing blue helmets.

According to the UN website Canada currently is has troops in MINUSTAH (Haiti), MONUSCO (DR Congo) , UNFICYP (Cambodia), UNMISS (Sundan), UNTSO (mid east).

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
So we wear the blue helmets and step between the combatants to promote peace while we sell the protagonists automatic weapons out the back door with a wink and a nod....go get em tiger....!!
Oh Canada..............

edit on 22-6-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So reading between the lines, Harper sold a lot of arms to ISIS eh? Grrrrrr......!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join