It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Selling Considerable Arms to the world....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
As a Canadian, I am opposed to the proliferation of weapons to dictators........Especially those that I know will be used to oppress people we would tend to sympathise with.....
General Dynamics Canada is marketing 10 billion in armoured vehicles to Saudi Arabia.....a country whose people are rode roughshod over by the royalty.....
Women are treated as subhuman in many ways....

The world has a perception that we are a peaceful nation whose temperament is one of placid friendship and an outstretched hand.....
Yet we manufacture and sell many different weapons systems which end up being used against the very people we would normally seek to help......
The reason for this announcement is simply that I want the world to know that Canadians would probably be opposed to such sales should they ever be informed of them in a meaningful public way....
Personally I shudder to imagine the drones we market being used to target innocents as well as the guilty....(of what they may be guilty being a matter of perspective more than anything else.....)

My profound apologies to those who fall victim to our sales of next gen weapons and equipment our feverish arms industry profers.....

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

General Dynamics Canada is marketing 10 billion in armored vehicles to Saudi Arabia…..

My guess is that is a division of an American company and those RVs are destined to somewhere outside The Kingdom of Saud.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Don't worry about it! Even though most of the hijackers were Saudi during 9/11 they aren't the problem it's afghanastan and Iraq... than Lybia, than Syria... *sarcasm*

I always have seen Canandnanandndananadna as a peaceful country but was always curious how they could survive so easily without US #ing it up hard like we do everywhere else.

I'll have to do some reading.
good thread S&F

edit on 20-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

u must have missed this,,

globalnews.ca...

"NDP questions Canada’s $80,000 arms sales during Yanukovych regime"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

as a Canadian i thought we were better than that.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

What's happening with your title?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

"curious how they could survive"
CBC and Hockey.
oh and Blue and Putine

and undying faith in our Heroes,, Go Leafs!
yea.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Lets go Flyers! Thanks for hockey btw

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
My title is in the way of a confession to those who will suffer the brunt of the weapons we sell....the hypocrisy runs thick in this sad excuse for a government we have at present.....
I resent the image which falsely paints Canadians as the good guys when we are dipping our hands in the blood of others for the same old profits......

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
My title is in the way of a confession to those who will suffer the brunt of the weapons we sell....the hypocrisy runs thick in this sad excuse for a government we have at present.....
I resent the image which falsely paints Canadians as the good guys when we are dipping our hands in the blood of others for the same old profits......

"the image which falsely paints Canadians as the good guys"

guys and gals.

ohh this image is real,,

even today,,

and this is still an image,,

Started by Lester B. Pearson,,that a lot of Canadians still trust in,,

even now.

Although it is slipping,,

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
No a company in Canada is...Not Canada

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Our arms exports are federally approved or sometimes routed through the US to circumvent the rules in place.....
The truth is its the people who say or do nothing about it that must take some responsibility......made in Canada eh?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

As a Canadian, I am opposed to the proliferation of weapons to dictators........Especially those that I know will be used to oppress people we would tend to sympathise with.....
General Dynamics Canada is marketing 10 billion in armoured vehicles to Saudi Arabia.....a country whose people are rode roughshod over by the royalty.....
Women are treated as subhuman in many ways....

The world has a perception that we are a peaceful nation whose temperament is one of placid friendship and an outstretched hand.....
Yet we manufacture and sell many different weapons systems which end up being used against the very people we would normally seek to help......
The reason for this announcement is simply that I want the world to know that Canadians would probably be opposed to such sales should they ever be informed of them in a meaningful public way....
Personally I shudder to imagine the drones we market being used to target innocents as well as the guilty....(of what they may be guilty being a matter of perspective more than anything else.....)

My profound apologies to those who fall victim to our sales of next gen weapons and equipment our feverish arms industry profers.....

Wow that makes me embarrassed & sad to be a Canadian. Although it doesn't surprise me because look at all the other horrible stuff Harper is doing to Canada, approving pipelines, National & Provincial Parks closing, & taking the Humpback Whale off the endangered species list when it is still at risk of extinction. Harper needs to be forced out of office & have his ass kicked!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I still like to think of us as the good guys, we just have the U.S pressuring us to do horrible things. We are better than some but we still have blood on our hands.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yep we are just following orders eh?.....Somehow that doesn't cut it......at least not at Nuremburg, eh?
Harper has indeed been a bad leader for Canadians.......and another tool for the Bankers like his southern counterpart Obama....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
We are considering joining the ballistic missile defence program as well under a separate agreement from norad if I remember correctly, might want to look into that, shifting world and all etc etc

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Slipping? Name me one current peacekeeping mission where Canadians are wearing blue helmets.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
We have added Chile and Peru, as well as Brazil, and South Korea to the list of countries we ship automatic weapons or other explosive weaponry to this year......Arms deals usually follow such additions....Wasn't Harper just down there somewhere...I wonder.....?
Some 100% growth in business with select customers....some of whom may not be as savory as others.......

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

he reason for this announcement is simply that I want the world to know that Canadians would probably be opposed to such sales should they ever be informed of them in a meaningful public way....

I really don't think Canadians will oppose the sale of 10 billion dollars of armoured vehicles, Its a massive boost to the economy and Jobs, The majority of the vehicles are troop carriers and civilian vehicles.

Saudi Arabia has entered into a 14-year, $10 billion agreement with General Dynamics’ Canadian subsidiary for an undisclosed number of military and civilian armored vehicles, Canada’s Trade Minister Ed Fast announced Friday.

Link

I think its a good win for Canada, Imaging Russia supplying these?

The deal includes a full maintenance and training package. Yama#a said the training of Saudi crews would likely take place in Canada and in Saudi Arabia, though because of clauses in the contract, he couldn’t confirm that the customer was Saudi Arabia.

You will have them training in Canada also, are you opposed to that?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Canadians need jobs.....That is true,.....but there are plenty of needed products we could be making that don't kill or maim or support tyrannical governments.....IMHO

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: haven123

Yes it is.

If you allow the crack dealer to set up a lawn chair in front of your house ,you my friend are dealing crack.

The world was told that Canada was a non-Nuclear armed country,during most of my lifetime,this was a bold faced lie,

There were American Nuclear Missiles ALL OVER CANADA, they were there by agreement of the Canadian and American Governments,the PEOPLE were in the DARK.

I am sure the Russian knew exactly where those Missiles were all located, AND THIS MEAN THAT CANADA WAS THE FIRST CHOICE TARGET.

Those plicks set us up as their first line of defense,in fact this issue miffed me off 20 years ago and catalysed me learning to speak Mandarin .

CANADA WAS AND STILL IS SUPPOSSED TO BE THE KILLING FIELDS.

Google the issue and when you see the Missiles with American and Canadian Flags crossed on the noses of the Missiles you will GET IT.

America and Canada are run the same ways by the same people.

Canada has been left unarmed,simply because America knows anyone coming for them is coming through Canada and they do not want the hardware lying around for any foe to pick up and use against them.

Canada is the CLEAR ZONE around America,the KILLING FIELDS.

In Canada peoples Federal rights are as stepped on as in America.Much worse so actually.

In Canada you cannot even litigate anything to defend yourself, the court systems are so crooked.

Most Canadians do not know that their federal Government has given them the RIGHT TO POSSES AND CARRY HANDGUNS,this is because the PROVINCIAL Firearms officers have created an illegal Ad-Hoc agreement to NOT ISSUE PROVINCIAL LICENSES ACROSS THE BOARD IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY.

For those of you sleeping this means that the Canadian Provincial COURT SYSTEMS support the abbrogation of Canadians federally instituted rights on the PROVINCIAL LEVEL and they use coersion and unilateral lawbreaking to accomplish this.

In Canada it is legal by Federal Law to carry a gun anywhere you want to,but by using COMMUNITY BY-LAWS Canadian lawmakers ABBROGATE this Federal right and cause deaths to law enforcement men and women and to good honest law abiding Canadians.

When a Cop stops you and he is faced with a Canadian LEGALLY carryinf a weapon on a street,he is in a bind,he HAS NO LEGAL MEANS TO STOP AND INTERROGATE THAT CANADIAN.but he does have Community By-laws which DO IN FACT say he has a right IN THAT COMMUNITY to stop and question anyone carrying a Firearm.

You see the catch???

It is CRIMINAL.

A man breaking no Federal laws walking down the street with his gun has NO REASONABLE EXPECTATION OF BEING TREATED LIKE A CRIMINAL OR OF BEING ILLEGALLY STOPPED DETAINED QUESTIONED HELD IN CUSTODY or shot dead.

When a Police officer is intentionall putting Community By-Laws above Federal Laws and then attempts to enforce these By-Laws as a Primary driver they are BREAKING THE LAW.

This means that when the cop tells the man with the gun on the street who is BREAKING NO LAWS to stop using Community By-Laws instead of applying federal Law FIRST it is an illegal action ,and the cop is armed,so now you have an armed cop illegally demanding a law abiding Canadian submit to illegal detention,this is never going to end well,the Canadian has a right by Federal law to defend themselves in this situation by any means suited to the situation,and obviously this means the LEGAL use of the firearm they posses to action the defense of their rights,even against a law breaking Police officer.

Canada JUST HAD a NATIONALLY impactfull example of this exact situation recently,the EXACT ONE.

Now you can see what happens and what is constantly covered up,we just had a massive incident where 3 Officers were shot dead,the beginning of the incident was a person calling police because they saw man walking on a street with a gun,which BREAKS NO FEDERAL LAWS.They did not see the man shooting the gun,loading the gun,threatening anyone with the gun,they just SAW A GUN AND DID NOT UNDERSTAND THAT THE MAN HAS A RIGHT TO WALK ANYWHERE WITH IT BECAUSE THIS ILLEGAL MOBSTER POLICE AND GOVERNMENT COLLUSIONAL ACTION ON A NATIONAL LEVEL HAS MISINFORMED ALL CANADIANS.

So now you have a cop rolling into a situation on a ten bell alert,ready to go to war and fight for their life.Canadian Police protocal are ACROSS THE BOARD structured upon Peace officers using ESCALATING LEVELS OS FORCE UP TO AND INCLUDING DEATH to foce compliance EVEN TO A VERBAL COMMAND LIKE STOP WALKING.

The Cop has to decide on his own if Community By-laws TRUMP Federal Laws,and of course any idiot knows THEY DO NOT TRUMP FEDERAL LAWS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Soooooo....... the cops intentionally use the Community By-Laws to intentionally and knowlingly breach and abbrogate Federal Canadian Laws.

They CAUSE FATALITYS BY DOING THIS AND THEY DO NOT CARE BECAUSE THE COURTS SUPPORT THEM when death is involved.

When death is not involved the Courts will throw out any By-Law charges against a man carrying his gun in public because THEY HAVE TO,they CANNOT successfully prosecute these people using Community By-Laws over Federal Laws and they KNOW IT.

So the SYSTEM allows police to BREAK THE LAWS and everyone knows it,the Police will breach your federal rights based upon Community By-Laws they KNOW CANNOT EVERl not be pursued by the Crown,they USE THE CRACKS IN THEIR OWN SYSTEM to illegally stop detain charge and sometimes kill Rightfully Law abiding Canadians.

An Ad-Hoc agreement between Provincial Officials tasked with issuing handgun permits to ANY CANADIAN WHO WISHES TO HAVE ONE to UNDERMINE THAT PROCESS IN A NATIONAL ACTION is tantamount to MILITARY RULE.

In America if your federal Government said you could all carry handguns BUT your State legislators ALL worked together illegally behind the scenes in a co-ordinated action to deprive Americans of this right ,what would happen?

If NOT EVEN ONE STATE could excercise their Federall approved Rights as Americans what would happen??

Yes,Canadians are prisoners in their own Country,and YES Billions of Dollars in Arms are sold across the world by Canadian Companies with Canadian Government approval.

The reality is that the Familys of BOTH the dead Policemen and Policewomen AND the INNOCENT Canadian now being destroyed by the legal system which set him up,NEED TO LITIGATE the Community which knowingly and intentionally initiated Community By-Laws that THEY KNEW WOULD NOT BE AND COULD NOT BE ENFORCED BECAUSE OF OVERRIDING FEDERAL EXISTING LEGESLATION.The Communitys in Canada across the entire Country use this ILLEGAL tactic.It is SOP.

SUE the Community that forced the Police to illeglly engage Canadian Citizens on their own streets in fatal confrontations.

The issue of wether or not a Canadian may carry their legally possesed guns anywhere they want to or if they can own and carry handguns was decided long ago on YES NOTE on a Federal level,Communitys did not like the laws so they worked with the Police and Lawyers and the Courts System to devise a blameless method by legal definitions one which could not be litigated against any one, stakeholder ,this dynamic was INTENTINALLY CREATED AND HAS BEEN MAINTAINED to undermine the Federal rights of Canadians AND THE PROOF IS OVERWHELMING.The pattern is undeniable and the documentation is overwhelming and is spread all across the entire Country.As we all are now learning this olde school graft and lawbreaking that was hidden many years ago is being revealed and corrected ALL OVER THE WORKLD as people gain acess to more and more data they have a right to posess.

The artificially created and intentionally structured DODGES AND CON-JOBS which use different levels of Government and Provincial and Community legeslation to in an organised manner create a smokesceeen or interfere with the processes of the Federal laws on a National level undermine and abbrogate the basic Federal Rights of ALL Canadians .

This is a conspiracy on a National level.

A Canadian can walk their properly licensed ,unloaded rifle down the street every morning if they choose and they may wear their .44 Cal. peacemaker on their hip while they do so.

This action breaks no laws.

it is the responsibility of Community ,Provincial and Federal lawmakers to INFORM the general Public of these laws so people understand what is and what is not a crime,this stops illegal actions by police on behalf of misinformed people who call them when no laws are being broken.

The politicians and the Police ALREADY understand the federal laws and are colluding to undermine them to enable their own agandas.

It is the PEOPLE who are intentionally UNDER-INFORMED.

The different levels of National,Provincial and Community lawmakers have ALL COLLUDED TO INTENTIONALLY UNDERINFORM CANADIANS OF THEIR RIGHTS and of what rights are PRIMARY RIGHTS that are federally endorsed and which override both Provincial and Community laws.

This intentionally complicated dynamic is easily and clearly documented and outlined and its long and sordid history is a permanent part of the Public Domain,the first men and women who colluded to enable this illegal set of organised nationally actioned crimes against Canadians CAN BE TRACED AND NAMED,and every single man or woman in any POLITICAL or LEGESLATIVE office who participated EVEN PERIPHERALLY can easily be tracked and noted,the entire EVOLUTION of this criminal dynmic being purposefully spread across Canada is permanent and cannot be hidden.

Every vote on Federal,provincial and Community levels that was a part of the collusional support this process can be easily tracked from the 1st day forward ,every single peripheral support mechanism is a part of the Public Domains records.

Any decent Lawyer could rip this apart.Now ask yourself why it has never happened?

The same reason Canada can sell BILLIONS of dollars of Arms to other Countrys and not encounter any backlash,THE PEOPLE ARE NOT BEING INFORMED,they are INTENTIONALLY BEING UNDER-INFORMED.

Just like in America.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join