Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is Your Favorite Politician a Psychopath? Here's a List of Symtoms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Psychopathic behavior is well documented and is all around us.

Many politicians may be "carriers" of the common symptoms.

Some symptoms are obvious, some are concealed for various reasons such as self-training and possible natural masking.

Let's look at the list and use a convenient well known politician.

The PCL-R is used for indicating a dimensional score, or a categorical diagnosis, of psychopathy for clinical, legal or research purposes. It is rated by a mental health professional (such as a psychologist or other professional trained in the field of mental health, psychology, or psychiatry), using 20 items. Each of the items in the PCL-R is scored on a three-point scale according to specific criteria through file information and a semi-structured interview.

A value of 0 is assigned if the item does not apply, 1 if it applies somewhat, and 2 if it fully applies. In addition to lifestyle and criminal behavior the checklist assesses:

Hare Psychopathy Checklist

Scores and Analysis added in bold: Barack H. Obama...

*glib and superficial charm
2 verified

*grandiosity
2 verified

*need for stimulation
1 probable, concealed for political reasons

*pathological lying
2 verified

*cunning and manipulating
2 verified

*lack of remorse
2 verified

*callousness
2 verified

*poor behavioral controls
2 verified

*impulsiveness
2 verified

*irresponsibility
1 displays self-responsibility when advantageous

*denial
2 verified

*parasitic lifestyle
1 probable, when advantageous

*sexual promiscuity
0 not comfirmed

*early behavior problems
1 probable

*lack of realistic long-term goals
2 his goals are not necessarily his own

*failure to accept responsibility for own actions
2 confirmed on numerous occasions

*many short-term marital relationships
0 not confirmed

*juvenile delinquency
1 partially confirmed and admitted

*revocation of conditional release
0 not verified

*criminal versatility
1 possible, hidden

Score = 28

Make a list for your favorites....

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

this part "Hare is president of a consultancy group he named Darkstone Research Group Ltd," maybe a little too jaded,,

could have called it the DarkDays Upon us group but,,,ok,,,

sorry.

not a baaa ,,

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hehe .. must be trick question day ...
ALL politicians are psychopaths...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

This isn't just only applicable to politicians but to any 'high office' people. Psycopaths and sociopaths just love to be in control and able manipulate.. and weild all those other 'qualities' over other human beings.

If you could only know how some big corperation CEO's got where they arrived you'd probably be shocked. But also in the militairy they feel 'at home'. It takes some 'ubermensch' skills to make some hard profitable corperate decisions.

The funny thing is that often 'normal' people put them in those responsible places.

edit on 20/6/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
His score was far too forgiving. There are surely several places where he deserves a three.

Ironically, I was thinking this morning on this very subject as I wondered about his behavior in relation to his highly questionable personality and concluded that he was a full blown psychopath based on nothing more than an intuitive understanding of the meaning of the term and it's consequences in light of the presidency.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This not only applies to ALL politician's but to police officer's as well.

WOW aren't we surrounded by a bunch of swell people.

Have we become a third world country and I missed it or am I being a bit callous ?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
An obvious question now...

How do we contain these people ?

Maybe some "experts" can define psychopathy as a disability ?

Imagine the size of the "asylums".

On an emotional level, we would hope it is NOT. No one, disabled or not, would want even remotely anything to do with a psychopath, even categorically speaking. However, curious on a purely technical level. Can either condition technically fall under the category of disability if extreme enough?

Example: Psycho Joe keeps hurting people. Lands in jail frequently. Can't play well with others. Makes impulsive decisions. Thus, he can't hold down a job.

I've never seen a disability case form from Antisocial Personality Disorder (the medical equivalent of psychopathy or maybe slightly modified), but then again it is hard to come up with an argument as to why it would not be a disability like depression is. Although, the argument is probably so obvious it is elusive for the moment

Is psychopathy or sociopathy a disability?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I think you have to be a psychopath to even end up in the position of being a politician. Insincerity and manipulation is necessary to be one.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Can we change the question ?

I want to know is there any politicians who are not a Psychopath ?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

This isn't just only applicable to politicians but to any 'high office' people. Psycopaths and sociopaths just love to be in control and able manipulate.. and weild all those other 'qualities' over other human beings.

If you could only know how some big corperation CEO's got where they arrived you'd probably be shocked. But also in the militairy they feel 'at home'. It takes some 'ubermensch' skills to make some hard profitable corperate decisions.

The funny thing is that often 'normal' people put them in those responsible places.

You know, I think it's the CEO sociopaths that are the main problem. Corporate interest control both political sides.
They just put their type of politician in power.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Total quarantine of all government offices with all the politicians inside them would be a good start ... then maybe start them on electro-shock therapy and thorazine ..

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I scored 22. Not sure how I should feel about that

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan
I scored 22. Not sure how I should feel about that

LOL

Definitely run for Governor somewhere !!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Do you have a link to the Obama thing or did you fill it in?

There isn't anything inherently wrong with being a psychopath. They run the gamut from signature killers like Rader (BTK) to serial killers (those that kill 3 or more with a cooling off period in between each, think gangbanger) to people that have no violent history. It's a HUGE brush, and not actually as well understood as it's made out to be. Someone can be a psychopath and also be a benefit to society (though the reason why they choose to do what they do may be different than those who are altruistic).

There was a fairly recent study that concluded psychopaths can indeed feel empathy. They have an ability to turn it on and off. Ever done something wrong and justified it? The last thing we need are a bunch of armchair psychiatrists arbitrarily assigning points to politicians they are biased against to 'prove' they are psychopaths.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

No is the short answer.

I have no favourite politician, and therefore I cannot say that my favourite politician is a psychopath, or may be one.

What I can say, is that something like twenty five percent of the most powerful and influential politicians and business leaders, are more than likely psychopaths. And I should point out, that psychopaths who climb the ladder, are uniformly BAD for the governments, and companies that they work within. The reason I say this, is that they base their ability to progress through the ranks, not on hard work and good outcomes, but on the ability to remorselessly backstab anyone who happens to stumble within arms reach of them. In fact, successful psychopaths are rarely the best person for the jobs they hold, but they do happen to be the ones who have the most dirt on their competitors, are the most ruthless, and have absolutely no compunction about using the most low down, dirty, and sometimes outright illegal tactics, to get what they want, to get where they want to be.

These factors, plus the fact that psychopathy is very hard to diagnose, makes this state of affairs a thorny one to navigate, let alone provide a long term solution to.

A quarter of the worlds most powerful people, could very well be psychopaths, and we wonder what is causing our world to go down the tubes? I would say the starting point could not be more obvious if it was laser lit, on fire, and four hundred feet tall!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I would love to see a source on any of this.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

It appears as if I misremembered the percentages involved, for which I can only apologise. Here is a link to an article which refers to several studies and works, which support the notion that psychopathic tendencies are more prevalent in power business environments, than in regular society.

www.patheos.com...

As you will see, my initial statement that twenty five percent of successful company bigwigs might be psychopaths was way out, by eleven percent in fact. Again, my apologies.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Every human being that wants to be on top or rule the others is a psychopath! No matter if they are politics, artists, doctors or whatever!
Matrix creates an icons from the weakness of masses! Every thing or person you like is a gun stucked to your head! Don't buy them food!
Ambition is a hunger! Let them starving!
a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

"Hare is president of a consultancy group he named Darkstone Research Group Ltd,"

Mornin',

Well, I imagine they'd have to call it Darkstone...y'know?
Since Treadstone was taken already...

-Peace-

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

seems like hillary is about the same.

i guess it doesn't go to 3, tho.

and i didn't need the test to figure her out. lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join