It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday prepper father accused of plotting to kill federal agents and stockpiling guns and explosiv

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh well its past edit time so i cant go back on it. AFter going back yeah i see what you meant. ANd if he gets expunged off his record legally he could sue someone if they slander him right?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

TBH its doubtful, in the context you are referring to. If someone commits a crime and is convicted of it then they are by definition a convicted criminal. To sue for slander (deformation) you have to prove that what someone is said was untrue. Someone would also have to be calling them by their real name.

I agree its rough.

edit on 22-6-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Not generalizing here, but there CAN be a fine line between someone being a "doomsday prepper" and someone who is batsh!t insane. I wouldn't trust anyone who hordes guns, ammo etc. anticipating the "end of days".

Obviously, I am not saying this guy was such a guy, possibly that the media distorted everything and he is a normal guy not some doomsday whacko. But I am sure the whack-jobs exists too.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
Not generalizing here, but there CAN be a fine line between someone being a "doomsday prepper" and someone who is batsh!t insane. I wouldn't trust anyone who hordes guns, ammo etc. anticipating the "end of days".

There CAN be but there isn't ALWAYS.

I don't know enough about this guy to comment and you can bet that there are probably things about this story you won't read in the paper.

I don't even own one gun but I'm not paranoid about gun owners either. I believe people have the right to own guns unless they actually do something wrong. I think it's awfully easy to accuse someone of being crazy. Especially when most people are hysterical over mass shootings. Anyone who owns even one gun could be very easy to villainize in this environment. When the public gets whipped up into a hysteria over anything, common sense and restraint usually goes right out the windo w.

Get into an argument with a gun control advocate. The first thing that comes out of their mouth is "Why does anyone need an AR-15 anyway? You don't need one unless you're a dangerous lunatic!" it's pointless to try to argue with people who think that way.

Obviously, I am not saying this guy was such a guy, possibly that the media distorted everything and he is a normal guy not some doomsday whacko. But I am sure the whack-jobs exists too.

Actually, I'm inclined to believe the government really did believe he was dangerous. There are a lot of people who collect guns. There are a lot of people who hoard food and supplies. Some of them hoard ammunition. Most of them don't get arrested.
edit on 23-6-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join