It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the starving people in america?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
America is a very charitable country and religious convictions give many of us the urge to help. It is often said in debate that many people here are bad off and starving and that is the reason we are such a bad country.

I don't buy this and i see that many opportunities are given to the poor and we are very much better off as a whole than most other places. This is why many want to come here. They can starve and be raped anywhere but here they have a much better chance of making it better off than anywhere else.

Noy all make it but i can see no design of community where all would fit into the perfect little box that people have of how society should be. Has that perfect society ever been? What should we do better as a country other than building tall fences and living in fear that someone will come across that line and take our jobs. They took our jobs.

As it is we make up the majority of our jobs and most serve no vital purpose any longer. What i see is that the smarter we are the less jobs there will be and that will put more and more out of work. The only thing that will bring back our economy is an expansion of our territory. This is what has been done all along the way during our former greatness and is key to staying on top. Yes eventually that leads to world take over but what else is the answer with all the suffering around the world?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They are at school.

Thanks to Mrs Obama kids come home starving.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

So you're suggesting what? A hostile takeover of say, Canada or Mexico?

If you honestly think there aren't many people in need or that our "charities" and "NPOs" are taking care of the problem then you need to investigate further.

Honestly, for ANYONE to go hungry or be homeless in this country is OUTRAGEOUS. We have more than enough to take care of everyone the problem is that some want to hoard everything for themselves and make the rest pay dearly for the "privilege" to survive. Survive... Not live. All of this nonsense is an illusion.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Seriously???

Do you really think the MSM will talk about this kind of thing in the US happening????

Not sure what medication you are taking, but just because we are not being told about it, sure as hell doesn't mean it isn't happening!!!

Your OP reminds me of the ole picture of an ostrich with it's head buried in the sand.......

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So your saying we are great because we expand? Unless new land pops up from more volcanoes I think we are out of places to expand too. Now if you are talking about taking over others lands,we seem to keep doing that quite well and causing the deaths of many to boot. I would rather live in a peaceful country that progresses through its trade rather than an expansionist nation that causes wars and deaths and keeps its war machine stoked at the cost of all other social programs.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
You can't be serious. Not only are you insinuating there are no starving citizens in this country (look where there is abject poverty, you'll find the starving) But you're also advocating freakin' expansionism? Exactly WTH gives us the right to seize someone else's country to make ourselves feel "productive"? Last I checked, we're no empire, and we're not taking tips from Russia on how to seize anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Did you mean by expanding our marketplace, rather than territory?

I'd be inclined to agree that expanding our marketplace and creating more manufacturing jobs is key here. Territory no.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Where are the starving people? I suggest you try working at a soup kitchen during the holidays.

Realistically, what opportunities are given to the poor these days? I used to personally coach people that were out of prison trying to make a better life for themselves. Training people how to speak and dress properly during interviews, etc etc. I suggest you go volunteer at a place like that and see what they go through.

Ever seen a grown man cry his eyes out because he has been trying to do the right thing for months and get a real job instead of returning to crime? I have, and ended up hiring some of those people, paying them good money, while giving them training. Not because I needed employees at the time, but because I wanted to help people break the cycle. And I did help a few people do just that.

edit on Fri, 20 Jun 2014 22:11:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Did you mean by expanding our marketplace, rather than territory?

I'd be inclined to agree that expanding our marketplace and creating more manufacturing jobs is key here. Territory no.

Expanding the market and expanding territory are the same thing. You physically take territory in order to take control of the market in that area.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Not at your local Wal-Mart that's for sure. J/K.
But on a serious note. There have been a few times where I would leave a downtown restaurant and leave with a to-go container of leftovers. As I leave the establishment, I walk around downtown and I have encountered some homeless individuals. As they ask for money, I instead engage them in conversation and ask what their plight is. This is when I truly find out if they need food or the next fix.
Most of the time I give them my to go box and their eyes light up and start digging in and are very greatful. So yes, there are a lot of hungry people in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
they are standing by highway off ramps with cardboard signs. But they could be there because of the choices they made, I don't give them change. It's illegal too anyways but I still wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

If there is no problem with hunger and poverty, why then is it the case that so many municipalities have found the desire to outlaw homelessness and feeding people in public places like parks etc. ?

Let me give you a hint, it's because it has become SUCH a problem that its a public blight and who wants to have to step over the smelly guy covered in his own urine to walk through the front door of your home when taxes are going up and public services decrease. Instead if addressing the issue municipalities prefer to sweep it under the rug and marginalize the community they don't want to see because then people might actually question the status quo. So you end up with situations where it's illegal to feed the hungry and homeless at a publicly funded park or they set up a "shelter" that you can't leave for a specific period of time without being arrested.

Just because nobody points it out to you doesn't mean it isn't there.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

One State alone has reached its highest numbers of homelessness since the great depression 52,000, 22,000 being children. One shelter was mice and rat infested and there were sexual abuses.
edit on 20-6-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

1.4 million homeless children in America.

To think of the millions of illegal families we have helped over the years while ignoring our own children is outrageous!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don't buy this and i see that many opportunities are given to the poor and we are very much better off as a whole than most other places.

What opportunities? There are not enough jobs for everyone. Our shelters are filled to capacity, food kitchens are in constant need of food for these people. The numbers keep growing and things are getting worse rather than improving.

And don't for one minute think that Illegals are not taking our jobs! I have seen it with my own eyes in my former place of employment. Legal capable citizens perfectly suited for a job and an illegal comes in and is hired instead. Look at our construction workers who have lost jobs to illegals and many other areas of the workforce. How can you not see this or understand? Why do you think so many people are resentful?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
It's a hard pill to swallow, unless you have tasted the pill first hand. Many people out there are oblivious, because their particular job hasn't been effected yet. I have been there, and done that. I denied the problem for years, until the problem became mine.

It wasn't just crop pickers getting pushed out by illegals, but the construction industry. Even here in canada, due to collusion of the government flying people in here, paying half their rent, all so the factory owners can pay peanuts instead of hiring people at a wage normal people can live with.

Now I see the problem, and I was a part of that problem. I considered myself above the crop pickers, and didn't hear their pleas. I was better than them, because I learned a trade, and was making good money. I considered myself better than people that did many jobs. I was dead wrong, and didn't realize until it was my job encroached upon. It's like that parable, they came for the "blah" and I said nothing, because I thought myself better than those people. Then they came for the "blah" and I said nothing because I considered myself better than them too. I guess a substitute for the first two "blah"s could be house cleaners and landscapers. I didn't get angry until it was me and my construction business that went exctinct. Couldn't compete with companies that hire 3 on the books, and another 12 off the books at slave wages.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

How to even answer something like this?

Starving? Well, no. I mean, not technically. I eat PB&J's 5 days a week for two of my (daily) meals so that my kids have a little variety, and I work 60+ hours a week. I can't even imagine what actual "poor" people eat, and my food budget (weekly) for a family of 4 with two teenagers is about $65.

And you are suggesting we go all "Empire, Au Go Go" to rectify the situation? Who do you work for? Lockheed Martin?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I have seen friends lose a job to an illegal. I have seen many lose opportunities just because a company required that they speak Spanish in order to get hired, because most of their employees spoke it. That is such bull!

I have said before that if more people were affected in some way by the illegals, we would have more people against it. Thank you for being honest.

Now that these kids are being bussed into different States that can't afford to take them on, there is quite an uproar. Had more people fought against illegal immigration in the past, we wouldn't have millions of unemployed citizens or as much crime. Kind of too late now. There have been a couple of amnesties and they are fighting for yet another.

Until we take care of our own first, we have no business placing foreigners above an American citizen.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Wow, I can't imagine how you are making it. I am so sorry to hear this. The sad thing is, if your family were illegal, you'd have all your needs met.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I see homeless every day here in Phoenix. I will help some if I have the cash and am able. Make no mistake. There are people suffering here in the "greatest" nation on earth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join