Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Worlds tallest and steepest waterslide . Wow is it big

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
We have the worlds tallest and steepest waterslide only a couple of miles from where I live.

I saw it for the first time today and holy shnikes is it big. When we heard it was coming to Schlitterbahn water park in Kanas city I told my wife I could not wait to ride it.

Well I don't think I want to anymore.

I found these pics on another site

This is Insane.. higher than the Niagara falls and the statue of liberty, this is the world’s tallest, steepest and most definitely fastest waterslide. Located at the Schlitterbahn Waterpark in Kansas City, Kansas, the waterslide called Verrückt was recently certified as the world’s tallest by the Guinness World Records at 168-feet and 7-inches. That makes it taller than the Niagara Falls and the Statue of Liberty! Verrückt requires four riders, who all sit in one raft. Brave (Insane!) people only

link

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hell no.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
How are they going to keep it in the tube (half tube),

Law suit...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

I don't know... Seems like if you enter too fast you wouldn't keep contact with the slide and what's to prevent ALL people from hitting the second ramp too fast?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

No elevator!! Slow getting all the people to the top, may have a few heart attacks on the way up or the way down!

i would have made the sides much higher!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The pictures don't even do it justice. The thing is just massive, the YT video is pretty good

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't even be able to climb to the top....

I would love to see people go down it though.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
All those people holding up the line because they don't wanna go down after their climb will have a nice walk back down.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
On that link they had some other pretty cool waterslides so I will post a few.

Citta del Mare Hotel Village – Terrasini, Italy

I would ride this one.

Leap of Faith gets its novelty edge from plunging through shark-infested waters. Designed to look like a Mayan temple, you can enjoy a 60ft drop, while desperately hoping that Jaws won’t break through the translucent tunnel.

Leap of Faith
Atlantis Paradise Island Resort – Paradise Island, The Bahamas

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Really, a slide that tall and no elevator? That eliminates out of shape people and the majority of people over the age of 50. Nothing like climbing the stairs to the top only to die of a heart attack! lol. I look at that thing and it makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I can just see myself coming off the slide and not connecting with anything until I hit the ground. No way.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Really, a slide that tall and no elevator? That eliminates out of shape people and the majority of people over the age of 50. Nothing like climbing the stairs to the top only to die of a heart attack! lol. I look at that thing and it makes me sick.

Yea well... not everything is for everyone in this world - just have to deal with it.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
My God, that looks freaking awesome!

I wish I could ride that.....Damn.

I am smiling with anticipation now from my living room miles and miles away...I would have a permanent smile on my face if I was in line for that.

soo freaking cool.

I wish.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

tadaman, you seem to be the only willing sacrificial victim .... er, I mean brave and true volunteer.
Please post the pics and video (or get your surviving friends to do so) because I would love to see someone actually go on it. Anyone, but me!

Mura

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yeah, that's a big double NOPE burger covered in NOPE sauce.

I will never do another vertical drop slide again in my life. We have a small one at the local rec center that is a single person body slide. I went down one day last summer, and jacked myself all up. I grabbed the bar to sit down and when I did I slipped and swung out a bit and came completely off the slide at the crest and free fell the whole way down till it curved out at the bottom. Two life guards seen me and was at the bottom waiting on me because they knew I was gonna be hurt. Sure enough I blasted and tweaked my ankle and smashed my head on the slide when I hit the bottom. don't remember much from the time I hit till they dragged me out of the pool. So yeah, never again. Those things are dangerous.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm having an inner conflict about this. My self-preservation side is going "Just nope", while my dumb-arse side is going "Eff yeah, baby! Woo!!"

I truly have no idea if I'd chicken out by the time I got to the top or not. Either way, that's a badass slide.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I love waterslides but that one could give me a heart attack........too high!!
edit on 21-6-2014 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I don't think I would be able to do it. Too much time to think about it on the way up. But.... if they had an enclosed stairway so you couldn't see how high you were and an enclosed departure area you could probably get a lot more people to do it. I have ridden the Humunga Kowabunga at Disney world and it was pretty intense I think it was about 60' tall and you just went down one at a time with no sled. You had to keep your legs crossed if you were a male or you may never be able to reproduce after hitting the pool at the bottom. You could tell the guys that didn't by the high pitched voice they were speaking with when they were telling their wives that they were glad they had all their kids already.

Harry
edit on 22-6-2014 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-6-2014 by HarryJoy because: typo

new topics

join