It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots unarmed great-grandfather at family picnic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The mayor wanted to cut funding ie no money for police dept. But Russell is elected and can't be removed unless recall elect,etc and was reelected after all of this. The mayor decided to do this without even consulting the parish sheriff or her citizens who elected her. The sheriff said they could be the towns law enforcement, but he would have to hire more officers and place a higher financial burdon on a town than the local force. As far as the officer that pulled the trigger it scarred him much the same way our returning men and women in the armed forces have been. Guilty feelings about what happened. I'm pretty sure both never returned to law enforcement. Russell Mills is a good honorable man who served the us military and has not given up serving the public when most others would throw their hands up. The sheriff of Claiborne is a good man as well. But, by far the parish of webster is lucky to have Gary Sexton, who is so much like Andy Griffith. For the residents to call sherriff.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bodcausailor

“If I see three or four young black men walking down the street, I have to stop them and check their names,” said Chief Mills to the LA Times. “I want them to be afraid every time they see the police that they might get arrested.”

You idea of honorable differs from most, I would believe. Enjoy the police state.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The mayor wanted to cut funding ie no money for police dept. But Russell is elected and can't be removed unless recall elect,etc and was reelected after all of this. The mayor decided to do this without even consulting the parish sheriff or her citizens who elected her.

In perhaps an unrelated footnote, the Homer Town Council voted to disband the local police department in 2013, instead opting to utilize the services of the sheriff’s department. As of mid-2013, Russell Mills was still employed by the town of Homer as the Town Marshal.

The story doesn't seem to match your on the scene reporting.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Time to remove these cops from society by any legal means necessary.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yep that's it cops are now a threat to everyone's life, time to take out the trash.
C'mon you so called good cops, if your so good and actually want to protect us then f'ing do something or you are no f'ing
Better than these cold blooded killers with a badge. But nothing will happen and your just as much scum as these two loser pigs.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You ought to attend one of their school board meetings some time. There was an announcement on local radio that you had to call and let them know to be able to attend this meeting. This was last month not 5 years ago. The shooting was wrong, all I'm sayin is there's more to this story. The guy they were chasing was trying to dodge another coc aine charge and it worked but cost him his father.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I wonder if him not returning to the force was part of a deal and one of the reasons that charges were not placed against him.
Sounds like the mayor is pretty shady, police force probably knew about a couple more if his skeletons.
Accidents that take people's lives is called manslaughter btw. Or at least to us normal civilians

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

There's been more trouble about 2 months back the same area where the shooting occurred two teenage girls were fighting over Facebook posts. Then it turned into a brawl with adults. When police were called some of those arrested told officers that when they get out they were come back and kill them. I don't know how much those officers salary are but it's not enough. This is one of those feel good stories to dislike police. Trying living in a world without protection it's right across the border.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya article reads that they had 12 people that saw him do it...Seems kinda hard to say it didn't happen at that point.
But i guess 2 cops outweigh what 12 regular citizens have to say

They aren't regular citizens... remember they are "black and in Louisiana," those two facts right there dooms them.
edit on 21-6-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

So just bring up a completely irrelevant post to try and defend the cops?
You said this was a tragic accident, now it seems you are back tacking from that... Seems you think they were in the right by this above post.
I have gotten threatened to be killed plenty of times, doesn't mean I am allowed to go around shooting people cause Im scared that one of them MIGHT act on those threats. Especially if it is not the very same person that made the original threat....
Yes cops have a dangerous job and they seem to get paid just fine, and you should not do that job for the pay, that is a public service job.
I agree they serve a purpose, and I wouldn't be one to say to get rid of them completely. I would say they need far better training on when they need to shoot and kill people, getting tried of this "well there was something in his hand and i was in fear for my life and I only had a split second to decide so I shoot him 7 times"
This was manslaughter at the very least and the man is still on the streets

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join