It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writers, and Anyone Else That's Interested: Share Your 'Drabbles'!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Keep 'em coming, guys! These have all been good!

I can't wait to see more!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What a fun idea!
Here is my drabble...it's a soccer story lol, because I'm watching the World Cup now.

Broken Dreams:

Manuel placed the ice pack on his swollen knee, hot tears threatening to spill onto his cheeks.
Glancing up he watched his replacement running out onto the field.
The doctor's words were haunting him now. "One more injury and your career is over," he had warned.
But Manny had never been one to play it safe.
He pictured his wife at home, watching the game on tv. There would be numerous messages waiting for him on his cell phone.
"I'm sorry Luisa," he whispered quietly.
It wasn't just another soccer game...this was FIFA.
He hung his head and wept.

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Metamorphasis

Freedom was just on the other side.
He could feel the pulse of it. Imagining, dreaming of the wind, the color, the sheer ecstasy of the moment. Freedom from this misery. The pain of it all wracked his body, his mind, his essence. But to make that last step,
to surrender to chance. To risk the dangers on the outside. What to do?

He made his decision, starting to claw at the coccoon he had called home for months. Slowly emerging into the sun, bathing his body with warmth and light, he spread his wings to dry and eventually flew away.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
These are fun. Like I told my husband, they're at once easier and harder than you think. Telling the story of single moment when you start you can't imagine how you stretch it into 100 words, but then it seems like so few.

I'm enjoying reading them.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ikura

I take a mouthful of little globes, sticky pink. I place you on my tongue. You roll around, not quite taut, and I revel in the sensation of tiny, squooshy round pearls under my tongue, between my teeth and cheek, around my lips. All too soon, the first one bursts in a tiny, thick gush. Neither warm nor cold, the flavor washes across my mouth. It’s the deep brine of the sea with hints of egg and fish. For a second, I’m transported back to the mystery of the womb, the beginning of life. Before washing back to reality again.
edit on 21-6-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
these are great.

I'm off to practice ......

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I had a feeling that drabbles could find an audience at ATS!

I'm glad you guys are enjoying writing, and reading them.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This one's a bit on the dark side, but here goes...

Total Collapse

Our currency has collapsed, taking all forms of civility with it.
Gunshots rang out, as marauders move from house to house, stealing supplies.
We huddled, hoping that we will be passed by, as the looters ransacked our neighbors.
They kicked the door off its hinges, entered, and corralled us into a corner with threats, while collecting all of our food.
"Please, we have a baby!" I begged.
One man knocked me down, shouting, "You need food for the baby?!"
"Please."
He turned, and fired a burst of rounds into my wife, and infant son.
"Now, you don't," he said, grinning.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
' In Time, With the Best Intentions. '

..." I don't know if this will get through or where it will end up "... ..." The second reactor has gone into meltdown as well, this never happened any of the other times "... ... I am, We are the original - You have to reprogram the main destination sequence, go back to "... ... " Do not blow the reserve coolant tanks "... ..." The Black Hole has tripled in size we can't reverse it, if only we had "... ..." Then blow the reserve coolant tanks! Record! - I don't know if this will get through or where it will end up, I've aligned us into a time loop to try "... ---'Static'---...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The Mulligan:

One of the aliens drizzled some kind of fluid over my body which made my skin start to melt. The sensation was extremely pleasurable. The aliens held their cutlery and dripping maws over my naked body. There was a chant, and the feast began. They started with the feet. Their knives slid through my bones like butter, as did the teeth of the more primal aliens. I felt nothing but pure bliss. I enjoyed watching my legs being mutilated and devoured. It took them about ten minutes to reach the groin area. I could already feel the transition taking place.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
One Century

Today is my one hundredth birthday. I still look like I'm twenty, but I guess that makes sense.
It hasn't been easy; watching the world change so much, while I remain static.
I've seen more war, famine, and horror than people can know, and yet I continue on.
My biggest issue has been boredom. The Internet helped a little with that, but even that gets old after a while.
The one I call 'Father' has been around much longer, but he always manages to find ways to entertain himself; usually, it involves 'playing with his food'.
Sometimes, vampirism really sucks.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Don't Look Under The Bed

He undressed and got himself ready for bed. It had been a long, exhausting day.
A brief sensation of being watched occurred to him as he shut off the light.
Making his way around the bed by memory, he cursed as his shin struck the frame.
As he drew back the covers, a massive, clawed hand lunged from under the bed, grasping his ankle.
He shrieked as he struggled, but its grip was too strong; his leg snapped, and bent in reverse as he was pulled under.
Before passing out, he felt its razor-like teeth sinking into his legs.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I Haven't played here in awhile,, so good to dip my toes with something fun. I call my Little one.

TIME WASHES IT ALL CLEAN

A Time Wash was required for Humanity. Enki moved the pylon to the correct position starting the process. He cried.
Time churned into Chaos, buildings melted, humans returned to dust and plants arose. Human civilization disappeared and Nature Returned. “Better than a Flood” Enlil Smirked.
“Or the End Times apocalypse”, smiled Jesus Emmanuel. “We are leaving 140,000 to restart in your honor” Buddha laughed. “I am ready to Incarnate again.” The Time Wash finished with a bright Flash of Light and it was all over. Only Empathic Humans were allowed to remain for the Restart, and the Immortals Reincarnated again.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EarthCitizen23

Nicely done, and thank you for taking part in the thread!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I had forgotten about this thread! I really liked it though, so I decided to give it a try!

No Title

If you’re near the water when it hits, you’re going to die. She had heard those words and thought it just a dream. Regret filled her heart, why hadn’t she listened to those words! She ran hard, watching with horror as the sky behind her daughter turned red. The girl danced and twirled the long ribbon in the air, silent, while her mother ran to her. There was a roaring in the air, of heat and sound that burned her face and deafened her. She screamed, grabbing the girl and squeezing her tight as the white-hot waves slammed into them.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The Thief

My arrow hit and bounced off. A thief’s worst nightmare, hidden armor. Well, I am still the best swordsman in the district. I drew my sword and warily approached. Why would anyone wear armor and only have a dagger. Well, I have had many a purse from stupid folk.

He watched me approach with a truly strange look on his face. I would wipe that look off in quick order. I was ten metres away and he didn’t even draw the dagger.

Huge taloned feet appeared on either side of him, huge flames, a Dragon no less. Crap, I’m toast!

P

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

The look of pure evil in his eyes and face almost turned her blood to stone. How she ever allowed this idiot to run her off the road was beyond reason. She was surprised as he kept getting closer and closer as he acted like he was going to pass; he never passed just continued to crowd into her lane.. She knew he had seen her at the gas station and was aware of his stares. Now with her car in the ditch he approached carrying a rather large knife.
Opening her window she fired a bullet between his eyes.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
100 Bullets.

So she accepted the challenge, this was what she does. Time did not seem to be an issue and she could make this and be back in London for cocktails by nine o’clock. Opening a small safe at the back of her wardrobe she grabbed the two firearms that were inside. Marching out of her bedroom, past a sideboard she grabs two lemons out a fruit-bowl, placing them to the bench-top. From the top of the fridge she takes an ammo box and throws it in her handbag. She grabs the bag, the lemons, and sets off. She is Gonzo.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Some Peace and Quiet

The police cars surrounded the house, Mr Pendleton was being lead out by a group of police officers, some uniformed, some not. Two paramedics wheel out a stretcher, the figure under the sheet barely distinguishable from the mattress. Detectives McCarthy and Wills look over the crime scene inside, fragments of wood scattered around the room. A double-barrel shotgun sitting on the kitchen table Fresh blood pooled in the carpet, some residual splatter on the wall. In front of the wall was a stand with sheet music. Little Annie should have god damn well learned to play Yellow Bird by now!.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Empty Pill Packets

The pills he took each morning would sedate 30 men for 30 days, I knew about his dosage. When the mind is ill, they just throw drugs at the problem and hope it goes away. I know that, I was studying to be a doctor. That was before I met him. He introduced me to drugs, and baby wasn’t that a wild ride. But it wasn’t the heroin, it was the pills, I don’t know what they were, but it was not good. I could see him doing CPR and trying to bring me back but it was too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join