It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 year old gets a year in prison for "baconizing" mosque

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Most murders are family oriented, or like that mentally handicapped teenager who killed her mom in a temper tantrum and Bush insisted DIE, while he let psycho's out free.

House arrest isn't nice, monitoring, bracelets isn't nice.

But for most people, they are capable of being redeemed, and helped and counseled.

And unless you think you're off the hook for harboring vengeance, when you really aren't, it should all be about healing.

So yes to your question!

Anything else is extreme evil to me. To me any of the victims of this harsh world run by demons, who are in jail for non repeat and non extremely violent and torturous crimes, are victims of a very distorted insane society.

edit on 20-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

One is common food in the country they choose to live and the other is very controversial human tissue.

They're not equal, fetal remains and bacon.

Apples and oranges.

Ask a muslim. They believe that eating pork contributes to a lack of morality, laziness and shame among other reasons. Or you can just use the Native American proverb of "You are what you eat."

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: chr0naut

That's a good question. Now that it's been defiled shouldn't they stone the mosque or something? Maybe a few of them can beat their wives or something to atone.

Either way I'm sure Dr. Cooper will drop by to blame the Jews.

Yeah, but it might have been halal bacon, I mean, how could they really know unless they cooked it and tasted it?

This is how the rot starts, isn't it. One day we refrain from stoning a defiled mosque, the next we have people declaring beheadings unlawful.

edit on 20/6/2014 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Their idea of a lack of morality is nothing. Control freak stuff. Whereas harming people or human remains is extreme horrific stuff.

They need to grow up. And start working as light workers, who attempt to reach and uplift, befriend and non judgemental controlling ways, no theocracies, those who are in need. Nudge the good out of the people in this hellzone.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They might receive penalties related to other crimes like vandalism or arson or something committed in commission of their anti-Christian crime, but they aren't going to be charged with an anti-Christian hate crime.

Were these two charged with anti-Muslim hate crimes?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Agreed 100%. Don't believe in any jail time unless you are a repeat mass murderer.

Are you serious, you really can't be.

A guy in this city raped and killed a 16 year old girl , that is the only crime he committed but because he isn't a repeat offender he shouldn't do jail time?

I am glad you are not in charge of any country I will ever live in.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
And yet they served no jail time for burning our Poppies in public?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Waste of public funds locking them up in my opinion, but no surprise that another judicial decision appears politically motivated due to the players involved.
Let's all get up to Scotland and start protesting outside the court...oh I forgot, none of us really care that much to actually do anything except bitch on ATS lol.

Oh, and as Scotland has its own seperate legal system to England, Wales, and Northern Ireland, let's ask 'has Scotland gone mad', not the UK.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

They're not equal, fetal remains and bacon.

That's in your opinion. A Muslim might find them equally offensive.

It doesn't matter anyway. Abortion is legal in the UK. The INTENT of the crime was clearly to instill shock and horror to the patrons of the church. The intent must be taken into account.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Maybe the Muslim culture should accept this wonderful gift of bacon and embrace it, bacon is GOOD. It wasn't vandalism or free speech your honor, It was charity. How darest thou accuseth I of wasting the holiest of pig meat. Now that I am done being sarcastic...

Jail should be set for those that are a danger to the public and convicted violent criminals, anything else is really just a grab for the state... I wonder while in there if they serve bacon if they do serve bacon I wonder if these two will get any? I wonder if Muslims share the same jail that may serve pork products, wheres the outrage?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

A person connected to the attack was charged with a "religiously aggravated attack" ... whatever that is. But it seems that their behavior in relation to the religion was part of the charge. And the original charge was racial aggravation, but it was amended and the sentence was lowered by two months because the defendant pled guilty.

So, yes they were.

edit on 20-6-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
pair of idiots,,,,i would have given them two years in Bradford.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

So yes to your question!

But it wasn't a yes or no question!

Most murders are family oriented

Source?

House arrest isn't nice, monitoring, bracelets isn't nice.

Apparently you have no clue what jail is like or worse State Pen.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
And ? Theres been cases in past where people have desecrated churches and synagogues that have also been jailed for it.

Why should it be any different just because it was a mosque that was defiled rather than a church or synagogue or any other place of worship for whatever belief people may hold ?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

A guy in this city raped and killed a 16 year old girl , that is the only crime he committed but because he isn't a repeat offender he shouldn't do jail time?

He should do mandatory housework, including windows. Apparently.

link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Would you be upset with it if they put swastikas all over a jewish temple? Maybe cows meat all over a hindu place of worship?

Like it or not, its a hate crime. Most western countries have hate crime laws. Dont want to get punished for hate crimes? Dont commit hate crimes.

It really is that simple.
edit on 20-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

link   
Again though, just a friendly reminder that Scotland has it's own internationally recognised legal system so let's take England, Wales and Northern Ireland out of this thread. It is an important distinction for those who understand the governance of the (currently) United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
This is a solely Scottish issue and has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the UK.

edit on 20-6-2014 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

ail should be set for those that are a danger to the public and convicted violent criminals, anything else is really just a grab for the state...

Absolutely 100% agreed. Our injustice system is lazy and greedy.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I guess a hate crime in the UK is called a "religiously aggravated attack". I don't know the laws there at all. I DO believe that the government in the UK is uber-sensitive to Muslims and doesn't treat both sides (Muslim and Christian) equally. I've seen some pretty crazy and unfair rulings come out of there.

In any case, I think the crime is horrific. Like others, I would much rather see some community service and they may actually learn something.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Again, this is a decision passed in the seperate and distinct, internationally recognised legal judiciciary of Scotland.
It is not a UK issue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join