It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 year old gets a year in prison for "baconizing" mosque

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Disgusting? Horrific? No. Simply a childish prank. Prison time is a ridiculous idea for such a non-issue. I know, tolerance, racism, blah blah. We're so desperate to placate the Muslim community, it's lead to us being preferential towards them. We've become racist unto ourselves. We're supposed to meander through life dragging our white guilt, when in reality, we are oppressing our own. Where are these sentences when Muslims are desecrating our war memorials and burning poppies and flags in front of our vets? Keep your guilt. This is the limit of my tolerance. We all need to start acknowledging that we're the new minority. We need to think about ourselves for once and deal with our problems before we become a charity for others. That's not racism, that's simple self-preservation.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
We all need to start acknowledging that we're the new minority.

Who is this we you speak of? Muslims make up 5% of the UK, hang on a minute, so do Welsh people, heck I'm in a minority, maybe I'll be able to get some extra funding or something lol

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Funny how you would reject the point of law, on harassment, as it would apply in the country of Scotland, as I posted earlier, and yet fail to see that the jurisprudence for such is in accordance with all legal precedents set out in a Scottish criminal court.

So while you keep saying I am wrong, there is one other point of law that you fail to take into account that will affect and influence Scottish law, and that is the EU laws and acts. As Scotland is a member of the EU, the laws of such will affect that country, including general criminal laws. This would include the Equality act of 2010, and section 26 which clearly defines what all falls under that category. In short, consider this a year in jail or a loss of millions of pounds sterling, if it was brought before and proven in a Court of Inquiry by the Islamic group there in the city.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: algag1129
Its a HATE crime. I'm not sure why this is posted. They're hateful criminals and they're gonna do their time. Did someone say what's this world coming too? Wow. Its an offensive hate crime. What is the ATS community coming to...

Hate crime? wouldn't that have to be aimed at an individual? How can disagreeing stongly or protesting an ideology be a hate crime? I see a very slippery slope here. That's what pisses me off about the times we live in, language seems to be getting blurred. I don't know the reasons motivating the bacon throwing, but throwing it at a mosque is not the same as throwing it at a muslim.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: algag1129
Its a HATE crime. I'm not sure why this is posted. They're hateful criminals and they're gonna do their time. Did someone say what's this world coming too? Wow. Its an offensive hate crime. What is the ATS community coming to...

Whats a hate crime? Isnt any crime committed against someone indicative of not liking them? its a crime yes, but I dont see people getting a year in jail for spray painting churches or synagogues

I dont see them getting a year in prison for egging them or anything else......

This sentence is because the judges dont dont want to be seen as insensitive to Islam

ITS Political correctness bullcrap run a muck...........

Bingo!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It IS a hate crime. Ask, "Why bacon? Why not chicken?" Because Muslims don't even want to touch pork. It was designed to incense Muslim sensibilities. They probably would have gotten more time here.

And what is a non-violent protest? is that a hate crime? perhaps you could enlighten me with your wisdom.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: old_god
...always amusing when a passionate Christian tries to tell us what Islam is all about, no bias there obviously lol

Yea I feel the same why when some muslim starts harping about western culture.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: blindlyzack

While you do not have to respect the people, have respect for the fact it is a religious belief. Would you be so content to be happy if say someone hung a Nazi flag on a Synagogue? Or went through a church and decided to cover up the great artworks of the old masters, cause they find the nude body offensive? How about those would find the symbol of the cross objectionable, would you object if they wanted such removed from say the alters?

rude as the bacon may be, the bacon to Nazi flag at synagogue is really not a comparison. And just hang around or check the archives....many come to ATS and compare the Jew to Nazis and just about everything else.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Shiloh7
Would you condemn an entire group for the actions of a few? While yes radical Islamic extremists took and committed acts of terror, the question is does it speak to the whole?

The question is not about the whole but about the sort. does group "a" Muslim around the corner send fighters to wherever, are they teaching ideas that may pose a domestic problem, do they want to govern their own group with laws that are contrary to our own civil and criminal law, is this group affiliated with known Muslim hate groups ect ect and folks have the right to ask.

Egypt, Sudan, Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Nigeria, Afghanistan...just a few nations to study for a look at how Muslims respect other religions and even non-radical sects of Islam. So which Muslims are moving to town near you?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock
But it is. And as sad as it may be, it is a good comparison. When you violate a place of faith, and use faith as an excuse, it is of bad taste. When you present something that would offend someones faith, that too is very wrong, and an act of harassment. It is tantamount to say a Satanist wanting to practice his belief in say a Baptist church. As amusing at is may seem, it should not be allowed, as it would offend an entire community.

Better to find other ways, that would be less offensive to the whole, rather than risk offending all of them. Even in armed conflicts, the rules are very clear, most will not attack a place of worship. Those are considered off limits and protected. Better to follow those as guidelines, than to do an act that would shock and draw the attention and sympathy for those who will now claim they are victims of such.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
While you do make valid points, and it is one where people are viewed with suspicion, there are a few other things that need to be considered.

The middle east is on fire, cause people look for resolution of past hurts, and there are a lot of hurts that will never be solved. Many times these feuds go back generations, the original reasons lost or distorted beyond the original facts. And it becomes a mindset and a way of life for the entire group.

While I do understand their nature of faith, that which they believe and compel them to act and take action as they would see fit, in some ways it is a mirror on history. If you look at history, when there were schisms in the Catholic church, there was a lot of acts of violence between different groups of Christians. Even in the early days of the United States of America, when it was colonies, there was hostilities between those who were of different sects of Christians. And such was used to promote distrust and misunderstanding. Even as late as the 1800’s there was religious persecution in the USA, where the new Mormon faith was hated and disliked. And the Native Americans were punished for practicing their own faith.

If you look closer and in the 20th century, many of the conflicts in Ireland, were between the Protestants and the Catholic’s. Each time it got worse and worse and worse.

While you are correct, about what all is going on in say a local Mosque, and what sect or branch of Islam do they follow, and what do they believe, and who they support, the problem is that you will never get a straight answer. (Now this is where I will turn the tables and views for a moment) What I never liked, in the post 9/11 events, were the words that came out of the moderates, on any act of terror. It was too soft, nor having any real impact, used to placate the local population, to keep on the good side of people. That in itself will be the down fall of many of the Islamic people in western countries, for they fail to see that by standing to the rear on issues that deal with terrorist and the extremist in their communities, it makes them look bad.

The problem is that they are trying to duplicate what others have done, only to find distrust and misfortune on their part.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
Has the UK gone mad?

Yes, with the rest of Europe.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

But it is. And as sad as it may be, it is a good comparison. When you violate a place of faith, and use faith as an excuse, it is of bad taste. When you present something that would offend someones faith, that too is very wrong, and an act of harassment. It is tantamount to say a Satanist wanting to practice his belief in say a Baptist church. As amusing at is may seem, it should not be allowed, as it would offend an entire community.

The bacon thing is a long way from the Nazis "Crystal Night" and dragging folks away to camps. There is no comparison really in terms of equivalency. And no these were not pig meat worshipers preforming rites. Its not tantamount to anything but a jab at a bunch of folks that don't like to eat pork.....not an equivalency to a Satanist in a Baptist church. Get a grip.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

While you do make valid points, and it is one where people are viewed with suspicion, there are a few other things that need to be considered.

The middle east is on fire, cause people look for resolution of past hurts, and there are a lot of hurts that will never be solved. Many times these feuds go back generations, the original reasons lost or distorted beyond the original facts. And it becomes a mindset and a way of life for the entire group.

While I do understand their nature of faith, that which they believe and compel them to act and take action as they would see fit, in some ways it is a mirror on history. If you look at history, when there were schisms in the Catholic church, there was a lot of acts of violence between different groups of Christians. Even in the early days of the United States of America, when it was colonies, there was hostilities between those who were of different sects of Christians. And such was used to promote distrust and misunderstanding. Even as late as the 1800’s there was religious persecution in the USA, where the new Mormon faith was hated and disliked. And the Native Americans were punished for practicing their own faith.

If you look closer and in the 20th century, many of the conflicts in Ireland, were between the Protestants and the Catholic’s. Each time it got worse and worse and worse.

While you are correct, about what all is going on in say a local Mosque, and what sect or branch of Islam do they follow, and what do they believe, and who they support, the problem is that you will never get a straight answer. (Now this is where I will turn the tables and views for a moment) What I never liked, in the post 9/11 events, were the words that came out of the moderates, on any act of terror. It was too soft, nor having any real impact, used to placate the local population, to keep on the good side of people. That in itself will be the down fall of many of the Islamic people in western countries, for they fail to see that by standing to the rear on issues that deal with terrorist and the extremist in their communities, it makes them look bad.

The problem is that they are trying to duplicate what others have done, only to find distrust and misfortune on their part.

Another comedy writer. They are simply trying to duplicate.....ah what? Western Hypocrisy? So we should be more understanding?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Hmmph! Makes me want to buy a few pounds of bacon. Hickory smoked thick sliced at that.

I would chop it up in a blender and sling it everywhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

In some of the more orthodox Abrahamic faiths, pork is an unclean meat, forbidden to eat or touch. Anything that it touches is considered to be unclean and thus could be considered to contaminate the entire area, or building.

If you know something is offensive to a religion, such as a meat, or a cloth, or a color and you use it on said building of worship, then it becomes an act of vandalism, and of harassment. That is what this is, pure and simple an act of vandalism and harassment on the part of the 2 people who did it. As it was targeting a particular faith, it adds in another point of hatred and intolerance towards a religion. And those who worship there are now, theoretically inconvienced by said actions and will have to travel while the building, inside and out have to be cleaned, and rededicated.

So while no they did not do the Crystal night, yet the Nazi's did go into churches and places of worship, and dictate what was being preached to the different flocks. They did go in and paint on the different synagaugs, to alert people not to go there. While there was no destruction of property, it still a desecration of a religious house.

A jab would have been cooking bacon or pork upwind of the mosque and having the smoke waft down towards the mosque during prayers, that would have been perfectly acceptable, but placing something that is considered forbidden on the actual building, that is more than a jab.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm not shocked, the level of gang rape and rape in general committed by Muslims up there in last 12 months is out of control and I'm hearing this from officers up there, I can see things kicking off big time up there, just like I can in every place with sizeable Muslim population in UK. Not good!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I will never cease to be amazed at the ignorance of some people. Muslims do not incur Gods wrath by touching bacon or getting shot with bullets rubbed in bacon fat or even by eating pork if they don't know it's pork. You people make United States people look like goofiest, dumbest people on earth and then they see duck dynasty and they know it's true.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If they threw bacon on my home I would consider them gooooood friends

I think the punishment here is a little excessive. Bacon....crispy, greasy bacon should be bringing us all together.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join