It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 year old gets a year in prison for "baconizing" mosque

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Only crime here is wasting bacon
Ahh... Britain's cuisine is so bad, it's the only country I've ever been in that could manage to ruin bacon for breakfast.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: DarknStormy

No. Not so.

My roommate was a Muslim.

He did the research himself into the history of Islam. He was quite fair-minded and serious all on his own. He was from Morocco.

The history of Islam is not all that hidden--except to Muslims.

The moon god part is a real part of the history . . . as is Muhammed's fears that he was receiving his religious information from demons.

The history and teachings of Islam are in the Qu'ran and I'm sure that if they were worshipping a Moon God is would clearly explain that. The Qu'ran doesn't say anything about a Moon God.

--sura 13, verse 2:
"God is the One Who raised the heavens without any pillars that you can see, then He firmly established Himself on the throne and He subjected the sun and moon . . ."

God and the Moon are two diiferent things according to the above verse.

--sura 55, verse 5:
"The sun and moon (are subjected) to calculations"

Not to be worshipped as God.

--sura 14, verse 33:
"For you (God) subjected the sun and the moon, both diligently pursuing their courses. And for you He subjected the night and the day."

Again, The Moon is not God. And I'm going to drive this home for you.

--sura 6, verse 97:
"(God) is the One Who has set out for you the stars, that you may guide yourselves by them through the darkness of the land and of the sea. We have detailed the signs for people who know."

God according to the Qu'ran is the one who put the stars in their place... In otherwords, the God of Islam is the Creator of the universe and the Moon falls within that creation, but not to be worshipped alongside God. You can research all you want, but when it comes down to the crunch, Islam explains that the Moon is not what is worshipped in Islam. Maybe the Pagan Arabs worshipped the Moon, I don't know but they are a completely different issue.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Let's see that crap happen here. There will be war. Got bacon smeared on your door knob? GTF over it. Community service, fine. F'king prison for a year? All I have to say is if you're letting that happen in the UK then you're a bunch of pussies. If they tried to do that here there would be war.

Organized religion in general is a plague upon this earth that should be abolished. It's EVIL

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Having such a strong negative reaction to bacon is irrational.
People should not ever be jailed on irrational premises.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I imagine an appeal is in the pipeline.

The judge or sheriff obviously imposed Gaol time because of the politically correct bull crap doing the rounds right now pertaining to religious fundamentalism or some other garbage.

That or the person in question has a history of such offences.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I have to say that I agree with the sentence. These people went out of their way to cause offence and insult the people that attend that Mosque. The 39 year old was a member of the Scottish Defence League which is an anti Muslim organisation. He knowingly did something that was going to cause great offence to another religion and should suffer the consequences.

This reminds me a bit of the type of acts Westboro Baptists get up to and can anyone really say they wouldn't love to see them jailed for what they do? And yes! I do agree that if Muslims are doing similar type of thing to Christians and other religions they should receive similar punishments.

I know in the USA you have freedom of speech and cherish this but I also believe you should be responsible for what you say or do, particularly if it is deliberately inciting hatred or violence. You can carry/own guns in the U.S but you are also responsible for how you use them. Use it wrong, face the consequences. I believe speech is similar.

I am an unreligious person, but I do think we should respect others' beliefs and I am glad that these people that sat down and premeditated what would cause most offence to a religious group got jailed.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter
Let's see that crap happen here. There will be war. Got bacon smeared on your door knob? GTF over it. Community service, fine. F'king prison for a year? All I have to say is if you're letting that happen in the UK then you're a bunch of pussies. If they tried to do that here there would be war.

Organized religion in general is a plague upon this earth that should be abolished. It's EVIL

No, what you just said is evil... You should be abolished.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Neville

"These people went out of their way to cause offence and insult the people that attend that Mosque."

So insulting people or a religion is worthy of a years imprisonment?

Our Gaols are not there to house pranksters however misguided they may be, there function is to house real criminals not political or religious activists.

Political correctness once again blown outta proportion.

Wonder how much gaol time the Muslims that defaced our war memorial sites received?
edit on 22-6-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Our Gaols are not there to house pranksters however misguided they may be, there function is to house real criminals not political or religious activists.

Political correctness once again blown outta proportion.

Wonder how much gaol time the Muslims that defaced our war memorial sites received?

I think your missing what being said.

These are not simple "pranksters" if they were im sure they would have got a slap on a wrist.

These "people" were members of the SDL. The English and Scottish defense leagues are not harmless pranksters. These groups have a history of violence and intimidation against minority's. Chances are these thugs that were sentenced have a very long rap sheet of other crimes.
edit on 22-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

What a bunch of crap.

USA is known for its police dishing out summary executions at the moment.

Least with prison you walk out.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

All I have to say is if you're letting that happen in the UK then you're a bunch of pussies.

All I have to say is that you clearly haven't read all of this thread or you would have related your insult to Scotland, not the UK.
Again, Scotland has it's own internationally recognised independent judiciary and law making powers.
This is NOT a UK decision, and aside from the fact that Scotland is still a constituent part of the UK (pending their independence vote in 3 months) the decisions in an independent Scottish court have absolutely nothing to do with England, Wales, or Northern Ireland. Get it right.
As quick as Scots are happy to switch blame to the UK in other discussions, I shall continue to point out when a discussion relates solely to Scotland. This OP is a Scottish one, not UK.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Yes, considering there are laws in place that ensure MORE than a year in prison for far LESSER crimes. I'm sure Europeans know what I'm talking about.

Those ATSers who say "community service" would have been a more fitting punishment don't know what they are talking about. Imagine what would happen to the young lady if she were sentenced to "community service", especially in a muslim area. The way I see it, she is in a year of protective custody.

Real classy.

edit on 22-6-2014 by reploid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The idiot is only 18 years old, one has to wonder at his commitment to the SDL who personally i regard as a bunch of Muppets. As to him having a "very long rap sheet " he must have squeezed in quite a bit of crime to accumulate such a record in only two years of adulthood. The British justice system just does not work that fast i'm afraid.

The boys is a morron but gaol time is a bit of a stretch!

Better that they had received community service involving cleaning up the Mosque.

All that will happen to him in any young offenders institute is that he will receive an education in crime with addition of extra racism also included.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
The bloke is 39, it's the girl who is 18.
...and I know loads of scumbag 18 year olds with multiple convictions for car theft, violence, criminal damage, drug possession and all the rest of it here in my sleepy corner of the South West coast of England.
Which part of the world do you live where it is impossible to find 18 year olds who do not have a long conviction record?

Oh, and it is not 'the British justice system' in this OP, the crime happened in Scotland which has it's own independent and internationally recognised judiciary and laws. Blame the Scottish system alone for this one, it is nothing to do with the wider UK.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The idiot is only 18 years old, one has to wonder at his commitment to the SDL who personally i regard as a bunch of Muppets. As to him having a "very long rap sheet " he must have squeezed in quite a bit of crime to accumulate such a record in only two years of adulthood. The British justice system just does not work that fast i'm afraid.

The boys is a morron but gaol time is a bit of a stretch!

Better that they had received community service involving cleaning up the Mosque.

All that will happen to him in any young offenders institute is that he will receive an education in crime with addition of extra racism also included.

Actually if you read the article its the girl that 18 the guy she was with was 30 odd.

And you naive if you think if you think they had only 2 years to fit crime in.

She could have been causing trouble since her early teens. I had my car stolen by a group of 13/14 years olds.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

On the tablet personally i naturally assumed it was the gentlemen that was 18 years old so my bad.

That being said i still don't think gaol time is appropriate better that community service order and maybe a fine imposed.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Short of some kind of sexual or serious offence its my understanding your criminal record as a youth is pretty much expunged when you reach the age of 16 or at least you are unable to be held accountable for such in court, in Scotland anyhow. Possibly this has changed since i was a youth.

Boy or Girl, prison time still seems inappropriate when other sentencing options were obviously available.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Remember that England, the UK, does have laws that do restrict speech and any provocative or speech that some would find offensive can result in harsh fines.

But that being said, the act in itself is very distasteful, as it shows a lack of respect for another religion. You may not agree with such, but to outright do such, shows that the Western countries, are as intolerant as those Islamic states. Such as the Taliban that blew up centuries old Buddhist statues, cause it offended them.

This didn't happen in England, it happened in Scotland.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Again though, we don't know what previous the court knew of her record, she pleaded not-guilty (when she was guilty) and the courts hate that, it guarantees a harsher sentence. She turned up at court like a skank too lazy to even borrow some more formal clothes (the courts hate that), she didn't write some BS letter to the mosque to apologise and offer restorative action (the courts love that) and to the end insisted she had done nothing wrong even though texts were found on her phone recording her amusement for the crime.

Without the details we will never know, but the stupid cow didn't help herself in getting a lighter sentence.
I feel more sorry for her young child than anyone else to be honest, what a life he/she must be facing with her as a mother...sad.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Do you have some facts to backup your claims or just your own assumptions?

I am curious as I have studied Islam myself, from many scholars and books and I haven't come across this information except from proven hoax sources set out to defame the character of Islam.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join