It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRS Had a Contract With an Email Backup Company

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: sean
a reply to: kruphix So one drive destroyed on the local machine as well as 6 others. Six disks on local machine? I doubt it. Again, irrelevant it all goes through a exchange server that is backed up by a RAID. Of course the local machine would also be destroyed and that's exactly what they did. Destroyed evidence locally and on the main array. Oh they knew what they was doing alright.

Go read some on the topic.

Their email back up gets stored for 6 months then it gets overwritten with new backups. IRS employees have limited storage space on the server, around 2000 emails (some reports say 6000 emails), when they fill that up they have to archive old messages on their local drive...which the backup does not touch.

Sooooooo....old messages on the hard drive, not getting backed up because they are older than 6 months, hard drive crashes...good by emails.

It's really not hard to understand...especially from someone who claims they are in IT.

Built my first system case-up about '81. RAID = Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks. Say you have four disk to each stack, there is a CRC disk that verifies continuity in each stack. One drive goes down? It is NOT a big deal. Say what you want, but unless the IRS was still running on Radio Shack Trash 80s, the excuse doesn't pass the smell test.

Unless you have some serious credentials, I'd tread lightly before I got snarky with anyone that's had the responsibility of keeping a company running. When I installed my first Novell Network, the file-server for a nationally known poultry processor ran off of a SCSI that filled two 5 1/4" bays. It was only 80m...

I guess maybe the IRS was still running on the Amiga, but I seriously doubt it.

This is just one more example of giving the country the finger.
edit on C2014Sat, 21 Jun 2014 20:34:33 -05006st080000002014-06-21T20:34:33-05:00kAmerica/Chicago by CornShucker because: added dropped word

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

a reply to: sean

If you would have read anything about this topic at all, you would know they aren't talking about a server crashing...they are talking about someone local hard drive crashing.

Oh, come on... Can you possibly be serious?

In the First term, there were already people leaking it out onto the 'Net that there were insiders using (and I'm saying this as politely as I know how) outside email accounts in order to make it difficult to trace any questionable conduct back to its source.

Anyone in the position of Ms. Lerner that was operating off of one single drive would at the very least be guilty of dereliction of duty.

This whole thing stinks and if you truly are buying into it, the you are naive at the very least...

ETA....

Let me give you an example:

One of my former employers wrote a municipal billing package. Any of the modules I worked on that allowed an office worker to modify existing information refused to run unless the printer was turned on to make a hard copy of the before and after and there was a notation on their bill showing the date and initials of who made the modification.

If that is reasonable for a water/electric/gas bill, then why would someone as important as the person in question have a one source and one source only method of using their system?

edit on C2014Sat, 21 Jun 2014 20:50:13 -05006st080000002014-06-21T20:50:13-05:00kAmerica/Chicago by CornShucker because: self explanatory

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: CornShucker

i am sorry i am unable to argue your swiss like LOGIC.

lol

What can I say? It ain't easy bein' cheesy!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

a reply to: babybunnies

If Senators knew how hard it is to delete emails from servers and backups, they'd think twice before accepting this lame ass excuse.

Enlighten us...how hard is it to delete an email off of an email server?

Last time I checked, it was as easy as the user clicking "delete". But if you have other information regarding it, let's hear it.

If you truly believe that clicking "delete" on an email erases it forever then you are as dense as they come.
edit on Sun02Sun, 22 Jun 2014 03:02:02 -05003014Sun by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: Destinyone

scan·dal
/ˈskandl/
noun
noun: scandal; plural noun: scandals
an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage.

Yours and my interpretation of what is or isn't scandalous obviously differ greatly.

I haven't witnessed a single scandal beyond the NSA leaks by Snowden. Everything else is just politics because the Democrat won in 2008.

If you haven't witnessed the government commit or take part of "an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong" in the past six years than your moral compass is grossly skewed.

It's repulsive how the Demorats of 2014 sound exactly like Republicons of 2004.

edit on Sun11Sun, 22 Jun 2014 03:11:02 -05003014Sun by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun14Sun, 22 Jun 2014 03:14:21 -05003014Sun by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun15Sun, 22 Jun 2014 03:15:56 -05003014Sun by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Was just watching 'Fox News Sunday", and heard one of the lawyers for some of the conservative groups mention the contract IRS had with a private company for long term storage of backed up emails. Guess maybe the word is finally getting out. Excellent job OP, and now the wait is on to see what comes of this situation.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DirtyD

a reply to: babybunnies

If Senators knew how hard it is to delete emails from servers and backups, they'd think twice before accepting this lame ass excuse.

Enlighten us...how hard is it to delete an email off of an email server?

Last time I checked, it was as easy as the user clicking "delete". But if you have other information regarding it, let's hear it.

If you truly believe that clicking "delete" on an email erases it forever then you are as dense as they come.

When viewed from a backup system, yes it is gone and will no longer be backed up.

If you want to jump into the middle of a conversation, do yourself a favor and read up on the entire conversation to get the context.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Redhawk, I just posted this in a new IRS thread, am reposting it here for general purposes.

The IRS emails are not lost. They are sitting on a back up server at Sonasoft, a company the IRS has a contract with for that purpose.

This is the thread about Sonasoft, it's going viral in the last 24 hrs on FB, and was for the first time mentioned on FOX by a lawyer late last night.

Thread started by ATS member Redhawk
The IRS Had a Contract With an Email Backup Company
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sonasoft does this for the IRS.

SonaVault Email Archiving Software
Affordable and Enterprise-class Email Archiving Software for Microsoft Exchange

SonaVault Email Archiving Software

SonaVault Email Archiving Software helps today’s businesses continuity needs as they place an increasing reliance on email. Organizations conduct almost 97% of business communications via email. Email serves as an essential communication tool at every level. Emails today contain a host of valuable and highly sensitive information that needs to be stored, retrieved and viewed on demand. Email archiving is used to systematically record and save information contained in email correspondence to meet these requirements. Email archiving delivers a host of benefits including storage email management, regulatory compliancy support, eDiscovery requirements as part of litigation requests and litigation hold to achieve regulatory email compliance and operational excellence. Core to the success of small enterprises is an integrated email archiving management strategy, which can be deployed quickly with minimal impact to the existing network environment.
SonaVault: Email Archiving Software

Sonasoft delivers a new generation of email archiving solutions. SonaVault is a stand-alone, software based, powerful and comprehensive email archiving software for Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. It enables organizations to compliance archive, search and retrieve emails to achieve regulatory email compliance and operational excellence. SonaVault Provides seamless access to messages using standard policies, enabling administrators, auditors and end-users quick retrieval of any email stored in Archive with flexible export options.

The Email Archiving software provides roles-based web interface for controlled access. This allows every operation to be fully audited to monitor the usage of the system. Extensive reporting capabilities provide email compliance, storage, data leakage and auditing information.

1. Storage Email Archive Management
Microsoft Exchange Servers are deployed worldwide in many countries and organizations. It is not only used as an email server but also as a system to store and manage documents. This places an ever-increasing demand on the server which can result in performance degradation. SonaVault for Email Archiving delivers a fully integrated portfolio of features and tools to lighten a data encumbered Microsoft Exchange Server. The resultant effect is an improved efficiency, performance, and better storage email management solution.

SonaVault uses stub technology without any client side component (plugin) installation to reduce the size of the Microsoft Exchange Server. In this process, message contents including attachments are removed from the email and a pointer namely stub is created in the email body which has a small footprint compared to the actual message size. This is transparent to the end-user who access emails through Outlook in the usual fashion. Stubbed emails when replied or forwarded, retrieve contents from the SonaVault Store instead of the Microsoft Exchange Server, seamlessly to the end-user.

In addition, SonaVault archives messages in Single-Instance-Storage form while message attachments are in compressed format. SonaVault’s stub technology reduces and keeps Microsoft Exchange Server Storage from growing out of proportion. This reduces Microsoft Exchange Server backup cycle and faster recovery in the case of a crash resulting in an operational excellence.

2. Non-Proprietary Archive Stores – Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition
Sonasoft's Email Archiving Software includes a genuine license of Microsoft SQL Server
Sonasoft’s Email Archiving Software includes a genuine license of Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition at no extra charge.

3. Continuous Email Archiving Compliance Software
When used in conjunction with Sonasoft’s email archiving software, continuous email archiving can be achieved without the loss of emails even after the Primary Exchange Server switches over to the Standby Exchange Server. This is due to the fact that the Standby Exchange Server is always online with a pre-configured archiving agent which will start archiving as soon as it assumes the primary active – role.

4. Secure and Guaranteed Email Archiving Enterprise Feature
The SonaVault Email Archiving software solution employs reliable safeguards including encryption to ensure that the email is tamper-proof without the possibility of being altered. Our secure archiving solution is achieved through encryption and hash calculations to determine the tampering of emails. SonaVault uses Microsoft’s Journaling mechanism to extract and archive messages. This ensures that every message which goes out and enters an Microsoft Exchange Archiving Server is archived even if the message is deleted by the user from his or her mailbox.

Furthermore, SonaVault extracts messages out of the journal mailbox, digitally signs it, compresses, encrypts and then archives it to SonaVault Archive Stores. Once the messages are successfully archived, they are deleted from the journal mailbox.

5. Archive Existing Emails and PSTs
SonaVault provides the ability to archive existing emails on the Microsoft Exchange Server and migrate all existing personal store (PST) file data into the archive repository. This will enable organizations to eliminate PST file proliferation across their environment, thus resulting in better email and data storage email management.

6. Multi-Domain Email Archiving and Access Exclusive Innovation
One archive server can be used to archive emails from users in multiple domains
www.sonasoft.com...

Sonsasoft's fb pg
www.facebook.com...

Sonsasoft's IRS Government contract page.
government-contracts.findthebest.com...

The IRS emails are not lost...the IRS is counting on We the People to accept their LIES, while We the People get crap from the IRS if we complain about anything. IRS =Gestapo these days.

edit on 22-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The plot thickens....

IRS CANCELLED Contract with Email-Storage Firm Weeks After Lerner’s Computer Crash
10:28 AM 06/22/2014

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) cancelled its longtime relationship with an email-storage contractor just weeks after ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s computer crashed and shortly before other IRS officials’ computers allegedly crashed.

The IRS signed a contract with Sonasoft, an email-archiving company based in San Jose, California, each year from 2005 to 2010. The company, which partners with Microsoft and counts The New York Times among its clients, claims in its company slogans that it provides “Email Archiving Done Right” and “Point-Click Recovery.” Sonasoft in 2009 tweeted, “If the IRS uses Sonasoft products to backup their servers why wouldn’t you choose them to protect your severs?”

Sonasoft was providing “automatic data processing” services for the IRS throughout the January 2009 to April 2011 period in which Lerner sent her missing emails.

But Sonasoft’s six-year business relationship with the IRS came to an abrupt end at the close of fiscal year 2011, as congressional investigators began looking into the IRS conservative targeting scandal and IRS employees’ computers started crashing left and right.

Sonasoft’s fiscal year 2011 contract with the IRS ended on August 31, 2011. Eight days later, the IRS officially closed out its relationship with Sonasoft in accordance with the federal government’s contract close-out guidelines, which require agencies to fully audit their contracts and to get back any money that wasn’t used by the contractor. Curiously, the IRS de-allocated 36 cents when it closed out its contract with Sonasoft on September 8, 2011.

Lois Lerner’s computer allegedly crashed in June 2011, just ten days after House Ways and Means Committee chairman Rep. Dave Camp first wrote a letter asking if the IRS was engaging in targeting of nonprofit groups. Two months later, Sonasoft’s contract ended and the IRS gave its email-archiving contractor the boot.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

This PROVES to me the top echelon IRS criminals knew what they were doing was so wrong, and started the cover-up long ago. All the answers to Congressional hearings were complete lies, to buy time for all those breaking the law.

It also shows the extent they are willing to go in order to protect themselves.

Des

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The IRS emails are not lost. They are sitting on a back up server at Sonasoft, a company the IRS has a contract with for that purpose.

I'll try again....not sure why, some people just don't have the aptitude to listen.

It has been widely reported that Sonasoft was only contracted to keep 6 months of backups. After that, they use the same storage space to write the new backups. They never used servers, they used tape for their backups.

In that case, the emails are gone...forever.

I can't say it any more plain than that.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Sorry...I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth. You have your opinion, always the same...I have mine.

Have a good day...

Des

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's kinda neat to watch things; observing cause and effect isn't a mainstream fad yet.

"Jack's supposed to go to the market for food." We all need to eat.
"Instead, he comes back with magic beans." Sometimes we sacrifice others' interests at their comprised/compromised expense while reaching for a glowing carrot our self can devour; we daydream about being on top of the world counting our coins of gold.

Whatever.

I'd prefer a news team to document the frolicking of deer and their fawn in the forest over "Hey, somebody done somebody wrong song".

It's what's going on in the trees that we fail to see the forest.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Sorry...I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth. You have your opinion, always the same...I have mine.

Have a good day...

Des

The good thing is, you don't have to believe anything I say. Just go do some research about it and you will see exactly what I am saying is being widely reported.

Or just go ahead and believe that these emails are stored on some "server" somewhere...and it is up to you to solve the case. Hope you have plenty of Scooby snacks with you.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Have a good day...

Des

The good thing is, you don't have to believe anything I say. Just go do some research about it and you will see exactly what I am saying is being widely reported.

Or just go ahead and believe that these emails are stored on some "server" somewhere...and it is up to you to solve the case. Hope you have plenty of Scooby snacks with you.

No offense intended, just an observation;

Research something after the goon squad gets their site up? Or was that site available sooner?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

What site?

You will have to be more clear to start a conversation.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Can you show me where in any of the articles that it says Sonasoft were only contracted to do 6 months of backups please?
Haven't seen that in any of the articles you have posted. Thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Have a good day...

Des

I will repeat what I said on another thread on this same subject:

"Seriously guys, just STOP replying to Kruphix, you are allowing him to derail this thread and burn everyone out on the subject. That's the whole point. Don't participate, make theses types irrelevant. This thread wouldn't be clogged with so much of his BS if people would just IGNORE HIM.

...something is amiss here, lies are being told. Anyone with half an eye open can see it. So that leaves us with two options, purposeful distraction or willful ignorance. Neither is productive to the subject.

Stop allowing them control over the narrative like this."

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Relax people, I'm sure Eric Holder's justice department is all over this now, and if there is wrongdoing they will find someone to bring to justice.

It's all good.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'll try again....not sure why, some people just don't have the aptitude to listen.

It has been widely reported that Sonasoft was only contracted to keep 6 months of backups. After that, they use the same storage space to write the new backups. They never used servers, they used tape for their backups.

In that case, the emails are gone...forever.

I can't say it any more plain than that.

Still waiting for the evidence you claim shows that Sonasoft were contracted to do 6 months of backups.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

a reply to: loveguy

What site?

You will have to be more clear to start a conversation.

The point/plot why this is even in the news?
Who wants what and why?

She's got her magic beans by now and we don't matter?
I mean, if we did then all that flowing downhill soup will return to whence it came?

Transparency; it's supposed to be self evident to an observer regardless of the talking heads on the idiot box...

Offering up an apology for rudeness if warranted.

Is it in a nations best interest to grow as a people socially, or economically?

Why are the only people running for office are those with a perverted sense of serving others, must first be handsomely compensated?

Why is everyone scratching to get to the top?
Why can I not just look upon a smiling face that appreciates my 'company.'

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join