It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear ATS Ancient Astronaut-ers....I have a present for you ;)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Forgive me for not reading the entire thread yet, just wanted to say I remember in 2011 these artifacts surfaced with Nassim Haramein, really interesting stuff if proven legit.

His video from 2011

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Those are as real as the nose on my avatar.

I mean... I could be wrong... anything is possible... but I'm not (wrong, anything or possible).

Eta: the iconography, style... everything about them is off... looks like a jr. high school notebook circa 1992.
edit on 6/20/2014 by Baddogma because: added smug scorn

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well - if carbon dating hasn't been tested as of yet...

I'd instantly - first assume - something like this...

Stone Carving Kit

Heck, I'd even like to get one of my own, and make my own stone artifacts!

ETA - That would make a good Art contest on ATS - and serve as an instruction tool - *Contest - who can create the most intricate UFO artifact from a stone carving kit!*

CdT
edit on 20-6-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: Edit to Add

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Now thats awesome!

I posted a clue a little earlier, when I mentioned handling Mayan artefacts, especially gold, It sets off alarm bells for me that none of them are gold, costs to much to fake, stone is easier

thanks cirque!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The last picture looks like a clump of zebra mussels all painted up, infact I will bet that is what is in the picture.
www.dnr.state.mn.us...
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 20-6-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder
They look pretty cool.

this is the other side, do you still think zebra muscles? I admit i've not seen them before.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Yes I do they cling to anything and everything, Throw a T bone steak bone in the water and pick it up a few weeks later and "VOILA" instant sculpture ......just add paint and sell.

These buggers are the fresh water version of barnacles but these guys are on Steroids and as I said before they stick to anything that does not move for more than 5 minutes.

I have no doubts about picture # 4 being what I think it is.
I live on Lake Huron and have seen enough of them.

Regards, Iwinder
ETA S&F

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

And then do you see the metal staple sticking up from the top/backside of the stone?

That looks more like a fingernail to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

The photo I'm talking about is the first one in the thread. Zoom in and look at the very top. See the bit sticking up? I admit now after looking at many dozens of these carvings from various periods that they usually have thread holes so perhaps it is just the string on the top?

Also I noticed the water bucket in the photo as if they were just dug up after burying to gain some color or patina and they needed water handy to wash them off. And notice how hydrated the hand is in the photos as if it had been in water until just before the photo. And so far after 3 hours of searches (which at times left me in the dark web and having to stop and clear my computer, was looking for any stray comments) I noticed that this group is different in make from the classic artifacts, very distinct from them in methods and style.

Anyhow, I'm not an expert by any means,

STM

edit on 20-6-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

That's what I was referring to. It looks to me like a fingernail.

But you may be right about the string sticking out on the top. It does look like to me now and its the same color.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Never mind about the fingernail. I just noticed the tip of his index finger to the right of the "staple".

I do think it is string now.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
And just as a note to this thread imho opinion, very humble, I propose that the wide eyes that you see on many carvings could actually represent closed eyes. And wearing an amulet with your ancestors (who now had eyes closed, dead) was a comfort or an aid in their beliefs perhaps like guardian angels to them or gaining their strengths?

Just a thought,

STM

ETA: Just noticed that the crowded artifact covered with faces, the line across the back looks like an umbilical cord? Babies? Womb?

Straighten me out on this, Zazz. I just noticed all these details as I searched for info. They're probably way off base.
edit on 20-6-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I see what you mean.

From OP:

It looks like that being is laid to rest with arms across chest. Good eyes.
edit on 6/20/2014 by Deaf Alien because: Correcting phrase

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

Straighten me out on this, Zazz. I just noticed all these details as I searched for info. They're probably way off base.

You straighten me out! I don't profess to know anything about this facebook groups 'artefacts' from the region Cerro del Toro

I love that idea about being laid to rest. What you are doing is essential to archaeology which is, you are not putting your modern preconceived idea on something, i.e. "it looks like a 1949 alien so it must be an alien", rather you are looking at possible shamanic or cultural reason in a historical context, and that is the spot on thing to do.

Now you may be looking at hoaxed artefacts. So I would firstly look at site location, get some context there to start the process of uncovering.
See what you can find on the area and if any scientific or archaeological work was done. I did dig a little deeper and have found through broken spanish a supposed scientist on this project...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Did you find anything that verified the general location?
I'll just wait to see...
Thanks for not letting this drop...yet.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

A reverse-image search brought up this YouTube video.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Harte

I just watched a few videos on the Dona fakes, and these look to not be on there, I saw one of them only the Mayan Artefacts site but that's it.
We should go back to the exercise of trying to find the source of the face book groups 'artefacts', and how to assess if they are fake or real.

Several are right there in the Dona video with Nassim Haramein.

I linked you to the thread. Not my problem if you can't see it.

Harte

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
You know I am loosing interest in the whole ancient astronaut theory, there used to be a "WOW" factor for me with all these supposed new finds but because I like to dig and not just read or view things that are presented to me by smart sounding folks I always walked away deflated,one of the first things I do when presented with such artifacts or a theory is to go look for an opposing argument or a different view on the matter,an ATS member destroyed my view on these pics below although not fakes because I checked as much as I can, the interpretation caught me off guard.

Wish I remembered the thread title so as to post a link,as to modern aliens I am also loosing interest because the amount fraud and fakery is too high to wade through,and personal anecdote has become boring,there are only a handful of stories and NASA recordings that kept me from throwing in the towel altogether and if a reasonable explanation ever come to light then I am done,I'll move from skeptic to non believer.
edit on 21-6-2014 by Spider879 because: correction.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There have been a few threads about this.

This is the one I have saved.

Harte

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Those look like they could easily be made from polymer clay. www.pinterest.com...

As a matter of fact, I bet those would sell well at craft shows......

They can be tested for their composition. Even if a "hoax", it's doubtful they're made of polymer clay. That would be way too easy to discover. It's a pretty good bet they're made from stone or ivory, even if not "true artifacts".

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join