It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China used more cement in last 3.5 years than the Usa in last 100 years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hi all
Bill Gates said that China used more cement in the last 3.5 years than the Usa in last 100 years. They used enough that you can pave the whole big island of Hawaii in 10 inch of the stuff. That is scary. I wonder how many cement trucks they got in China.

Link - www.dailykos.com...

www.gatesnotes.com...

Cheers

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

Sounds like investing in pouring support industries is a good idea.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Say goodbye to the beaches!

How many million years did it take to form all that sand?

Sheesh, and people are still trying to convince me we've got a few centuries yet on this planet.

Just bonkers!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A huge amount of that went into three Gorges Dam. I'm sure a great deal more went into all of the ghost cities that they built all over. Vast metropolisesses, devoid of human life.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the ghost city is for the ghosts.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Think i wanna sell cement in China. Or trucks.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The consumption of cement in the US dropped over the years. At one time we made most of our roads from cement. We made more blocks and bricks and used lots of rock also before. Asphalt is used mostly on roads now.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
A huge amount of that went into three Gorges Dam. I'm sure a great deal more went into all of the ghost cities that they built all over. Vast metropolisesses, devoid of human life.

I think you nailed it here and If you contemplate their black projects like submarine pens, tunneling and bunker building it makes sense. Oh and creating Islands for military bases in other peoples territory will need some concrete too.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wonder how much steel is being used to structure that cement.

I wonder how much of this construction is in quake zones.

I wonder if we'll be seeing collapsed buildings in the news soon.

China does not have a good reputation for quality building/manufacturing these days.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hawaii is like a speck on the globe.

The 100 years claim made it seem big but the Hawaii claim makes it seems surprisingly small.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This Chinese growth is debt based, man are they ever in the hole!
They actually depend on our NA economy which is partially crippled due to ever increasing costs of raw materials due to Chinese demand, and the goods made from this stuff that we once made ourselves.

It's all going to implode and commodities will start going back down in cost. The real estate vacancy there is about 15% and growing, but those debts still must be paid off, with interest.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Bill Gates thinks roads are made from concrete?
It's asphalt.I thought this guy was supposed to be smart.

The biggest cement, aggregates company in the world is LaFarge. Considered one of the multinationals. Greedy bastards. Hilary Clinton was on board of directors at one point, so was Bush Sr.

Concrete can also be made from volcanic ash.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
Think i wanna sell cement in China. Or trucks.

Or Cement Trucks.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Bill Gates thinks roads are made from concrete?
It's asphalt.I thought this guy was supposed to be smart.

The biggest cement, aggregates company in the world is LaFarge. Considered one of the multinationals. Greedy bastards. Hilary Clinton was on board of directors at one point, so was Bush Sr.

Concrete can also be made from volcanic ash.

Concrete IS used for road building.
And of course building construction, which is where I suspect most of it goes.
en.wikipedia.org...

Concrete surfaces (specifically, Portland cement concrete) are created using a concrete mix of Portland cement, coarse aggregate, sand and water. In virtually all modern mixes there will also be various admixtures added to increase workability, reduce the required amount of water, mitigate harmful chemical reactions and for other beneficial purposes. In many cases there will also be Portland cement substitutes added, such as fly ash. This can reduce the cost of the concrete and improve its physical properties.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Lol, do you know what a desert is?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

Yes, desert sand can't be used in cement, as it lacks the physical characteristic as sand found next to water.

Link
edit on 20-6-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

According to which american propaganda producer or fairy did you hear this from? It certainly is a nice knee jerk reaction towards being confronted with news of potential inferiority, to combat it with school boy 'jabs', but what I gather from this headline is nothing more then the intelligence of the chinese and their thinking ahead.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
I wonder how much steel is being used to structure that cement.

I wonder how much of this construction is in quake zones.

I wonder if we'll be seeing collapsed buildings in the news soon.

China does not have a good reputation for quality building/manufacturing these days.

The Chinese were buying up all the scrap metal they could find from across the world. Everything from old washing machines, refrigerators and cars. If you read other news reports, you'll see that thieves are stealing air conditioning units, railway signaling lines, manhole covers all to sell as scrap.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

how much of this stuff found its way into milk and dim sims..?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I imagine this had a big part in it:

The Three Gorges Dam is a hydroelectric dam that spans the Yangtze River by the town of Sandouping, located in Yiling District, Yichang, Hubei province, China. The Three Gorges Dam is the world's largest power station in terms of installed capacity (22,500 MW). In 2012, the amount of electricity the dam generated was similar to the amount generated by the Itaipu Dam.[2][3]

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join