It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryan lashes out at IRS commissioner: 'Nobody believes you'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Sigh...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lynn112

-6 computer/server crashes that contained subpenaed emails... Not one, not two, but six.

And still...over 24,000 emails were turned over to the congressional investigation...and they found absolutely nothing in them.

-A backup company that supposedly only keeps 2000 emails for each account even though it is a federal agency that is required by law to keep much more for any potential subpenas.

The backup company did what they were contracted to do. They do what the IRS asked them to do. They were being used for disaster recover, not a complete archival system. The long term policy of the IRS to store emails is to archive on local drives...which is a horrible IT policy...but that is what they did.

-The notion that the IRS relies on local archiving is laughable.

It is laughable...it was also laughable that Target had the vulnerabilities they had that resulted in millions of stolen credit card numbers...but it happened.

Even your backup system that you outlined has some serious vulnerabilities with it.

-The IRS has admitted to abuse of power by targeting groups with certain political leanings.

They admitted that some low level employees decided to do this in one of their offices. They did this for 75 groups applying for non profit status...75 groups. Do you really consider 75 groups out of the 300 that they were processing at that one single office as a huge conspiracy by the leadership of the IRS???

Manufactured scandal...I don't even think you and others realize what they are so "outraged" about anymore.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Can you show me the article where it states that the company Sonasoft were only contracted to backup 6 months of emails?
You keep parroting that claim but I have yet to see any article where it states that?

Care to backup your claim?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Do you mean like the 5 million emails lost by the Bush administration???

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, I don't really care about it...nothing that can be done about it. Those emails are gone, they do not suggest or provide evidence for anything.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

Can you show me the article where it states that the company Sonasoft were only contracted to backup 6 months of emails?
You keep parroting that claim but I have yet to see any article where it states that?

Care to backup your claim?

Ummmm....ok. I already have multiple times in this thread...but I guess you missed them.

Take your pick..there is even a fox news one for you.

www.businessweek.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
Seriously guys, just STOP replying to Kruphix, you are allowing him to derail this thread and burn everyone out on the subject. That's the whole point. Don't participate, make theses types irrelevant. This thread wouldn't be clogged with so much of his BS if people would just IGNORE HIM.

Lynn laid out very clearly the evidence that something is amiss here, lies are being told. Anyone with half an eye open can see it. So that leaves us with two options, purposeful distraction or willful ignorance. Neither is productive to the subject.

Stop allowing them control over the narrative like this.

So that's your plan...ignore facts and those that don't share your own opinion?

Now if that isn't the perfect example of the Right Wing echo chamber...I don't know what is.

You can ignore me all you want...it doesn't change the facts.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Where is the mention of Sonasoft in any of those? None so far, please backup your claim.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Ok. There is no proof otherwise besides hugely coincidental and convenient hard drive crashes.

I don't care about the partisan BS, I'm more interested in a crooked bureaucrat getting what's coming. Damn whether the administration is involved or not. Are you defending the IRS or what? Or is it only because of partisan claims that they were targeting a political party you don't agree with? If so, you're pretty damn sick.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Have fun running in circles folks, I'm outta hear. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot

The IRS. The agency Obama trusted the record keeping of our health care to.

Yep...they can lose those records too, and not have to answer to anyone, I guess...

Des

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You keep saying that Sonasoft honoured their contract but you show no evidence at all that the 6 months claim applies to the Sonasoft contract. Please provide evidence of the contract details that you seem to have inside knowledge or something.

Also because SonaSoft are SOX compliant the 6 months thing holds no water, nobody knew of the Sonasoft connection prior to this weekend so your extraordinary claims of knowing the ins & outs of said contract require extraordinary evidence.

Still waiting....

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Where is the mention of Sonasoft in any of those? None so far, please backup your claim.

LOL.

If you guys want to claim that Sonasoft is the backup company the IRS used...then the backup company that the articles are referring to would be who?

If you are suggesting that there are more than one backup companies...prove it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot

Ok. There is no proof otherwise besides hugely coincidental and convenient hard drive crashes.

I don't care about the partisan BS, I'm more interested in a crooked bureaucrat getting what's coming. Damn whether the administration is involved or not. Are you defending the IRS or what? Or is it only because of partisan claims that they were targeting a political party you don't agree with? If so, you're pretty damn sick.

So crashed hard drives prove what exactly???

Just fill me in...what are you saying that it proves?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I don't have to prove anything it is your claim that is under scrutiny not mine.

Still waiting....

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot

The IRS. The agency Obama trusted the record keeping of our health care to.

Yep...they can lose those records too, and not have to answer to anyone, I guess...

Des

And yet more false information.

The IRS isn't in charge of keeping our "health care"...they are only in charge in enforcing the fine. If they lose track of someone paying a fine...are you going to really complain about that?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I don't have to prove anything it is your claim that is under scrutiny not mine.

Still waiting....

If you would like me to stop saying Sonasoft...sure no problem. As long as you and others stop claiming that since the IRS had a contract with Sonasoft that it means that they still have the emails.

The reported backup company that the IRS uses to backup their email system was contracted to keep backups for 6 months.

If we have no information about the Sonasoft contract...they you really have no idea either what they were supposed to be doing. So to say that they have the emails, is illogical.

I'm fine with waiting for it to be reported that Sonasoft IS the backup company that is referred to in all the articles. Are you going to wait for some magical information that proves your crazy conspiracy theories?
edit on 22-6-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Still waiting....

If you would like me to stop saying Sonasoft...sure no problem.

The reported backup company that the IRS uses to backup their email system was contracted to keep backups for 6 months.

If we have no information about the Sonasoft contract...they you really have no idea either what they were supposed to be doing. So to say that they have the emails, is illogical.

You love your assumptions don't you, let me show you again. I have seen nothing in the articles that suggest that a company were contracted to do backups in any of your articles. The articles make it seem that the backups were all made In-House and would make sense because the IRS don't have to adhere to things such as SOX compliance.

It would seem they tried to sever the Sonasoft connection and are taking the blame in-house possibly because they know that SonaSoft have SOX compliancy and would have to retain more than just 6 months of data.

So I am calling you out on that fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

What the heck are you babbling about? What does that have to do with anything? The IRS is on trial here for misconduct and, possibly soon, perjury. Has nothing to do with Obama or health care.
edit on 22/6/2014 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm saying thaat it's convenient that these hard drives just so happened to crash and the only copies of those emails were on them. Where are the hard drives now? Recycled? You do realize that information can be extracted from crashed hard drives, right? It just looks way too much like they were trying to get rid of information. I mean, if this is all a witch hunt and they have nothing to hide, then they would be able to produce the hard drives and let the information be extracted, if possible, right? They wouldn't have up and crashed and been gotten rid of. It just doesn't add up. If you can't see it, you're obviously not here to engage in thought provoking discussion and dead set on your ways that the IRS is just the victim of a partisan attack. Oh, those poor, honest bureaucrats.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot

I'm saying thaat it's convenient that these hard drives just so happened to crash and the only copies of those emails were on them. Where are the hard drives now? Recycled? You do realize that information can be extracted from crashed hard drives, right? It just looks way too much like they were trying to get rid of information. I mean, if this is all a witch hunt and they have nothing to hide, then they would be able to produce the hard drives and let the information be extracted, if possible, right? They wouldn't have up and crashed and been gotten rid of. It just doesn't add up. If you can't see it, you're obviously not here to engage in thought provoking discussion and dead set on your ways that the IRS is just the victim of a partisan attack. Oh, those poor, honest bureaucrats.

Yes, it has been reported that the hard drives were recycled.

If you have a problem with that...then go dig up some facts and evidence that proves that otherwise.

Just don't go off of emotion and make ridiculous claims that have zero evidence to back them up.

Republicans have had access to thousands of documents...thousands of emails from Lerner...and hundreds of hours of pointless hearings. Guess what they have uncovered so far....absolutely NOTHING.

But in your head, you think the key to all of this is in some missing emails...even though every other document and emails that has been investigated has proven absolutely nothing.

This is desperation, plain and simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join