It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy pimped out wife and sold roids to SWAT team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Sheriff John Urquhart unraveled the complex probe at a press conference and confirmed Holiwell pimped his wife on Backpage.com and took 80 percent of her earnings.

Detectives learned the buff, tattooed Holiwell - a 19-year agency veteran - took steroids and even dealt the drugs to other deputies and possibly people outside the agency.

But wait! There's more!

The sheriff says he suspects members of the SWAT team bought steroids from Holiwell, but isn't going to try to prove that because, Urquhart admits, he needs the 20-member team to remain intact for now.
link

Then to the press he said:

"What we're dealing with is police corruption," Urquhart said at the press conference. "I'm on a witch hunt to root out that kind of behavior."

Is he? He said he wasnt going to investigate his roid raging SWATties. But he's going to root out corruption?

Drug dealing pimp cop + drug using SWAT team + sheriff who wont investigate = Just a bad apple?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There's a thread right now about 50's having low-t due to the increased stress. It needs to be pointed out that testosterone has been declining since the beginning of the petrochemical age. If it's dropping in everyone (anxiety is on the rise!), and coppers have it even lower than the average, then something needs to be done. We can't have coppers with low-t trying to be in a position to help out those who truly do need helping.

Now, before someone comes at me with "roid rage", it's actually rare, and no I've never taken any. High testosterone predicts aggression in animals, but not human beings. You also need low serotonin. You get increases of serotonin and testosterone from perceived power over your environment, ie higher social status. So if a cop, being in a position of authority, takes testosterone, chances are he'll not get the roid rage, though a few who are prone to low serotonin might.

I'd rather we clean up the environment, food supply, water supply, rivers, etc... but, yea, it's just not happening.

As for the pimping out on backpage. That place is a trip! You can even find doms ready to administer your needed pain for the right price. Kinda tempting, but why pay when you can secure that for free?! I don't understand why he needs more monies pimping out his wife when he already banks from the combination of dealing roids and having a decent job. Maybe he pimped out his wife in order to give out the roids instead of charge a fee? The question would be, does the wife like her job, or was it an issue?

Then there's the whole conventional morality angle, but I'm not even going there. Whoever still sticks to conventions is stuck in the 20th century. World has far changed since then. Meh.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Hmm...

I wonder if the customer bases of both revenue streams were the same? It is unlikely, since if the deputy had been pimping his wife to the SWAT team, then surely she would have been the main consumer for the steroids?!

In all seriousness though, as cluster bangs go, this one takes some beating! I think however, that the state ought to offer the use of an alternative SWAT team until each member of the current special weapons and tactics team has been either dealt with by the law, or cleared of wrong doing by a thorough investigation. To have members of arguably the most capable force of men in town on illegally purchased steroids, and no alternative is an untenable situation.

Either an alternative must be offered and put in place, or the investigation should be undertaken by an outside agency in order to make certain of a just outcome, and a transparent one.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese
Police officers have one of the highest suicide rates of any group, therefore low serotonin is not only common but prevalent among them. Steroid use as well is very common among police and roid rage is a lot more common than you would like to trick people into believing. police officers should be held to a higher standard as we have given them the authority to kill and additional weight to their words. The entire swat team are criminal drug users. Where's your war on drugs and mandatory minimums now? How many laws is that sheriff breaking by not pursuing charges against criminals because they are his employees?

edit on 20-6-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Tricking to believing? Not happening, abe. I'm just sticking to the facts. Roid rage is rare. Here's some rough stats for you.

Estimates of 5% of teens on roids these days, and 14% of senior high school athletes.

Pro athletes are likely much higher, and the best athletes in the pros... almost every single one of them.

Now, how does this "roid rage" jive with violent crimes being on the decline for the last 20 years? It doesn't.

We've got millions of people taking roids, and very few cases of "roid rage".

Quit spouting out propaganda.

edit on 20-6-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Cops are all bad apples, either through active involvement or tacit complicity.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

Sheriff John Urquhart unraveled the complex probe at a press conference and confirmed Holiwell pimped his wife on Backpage.com and took 80 percent of her earnings.

Detectives learned the buff, tattooed Holiwell - a 19-year agency veteran - took steroids and even dealt the drugs to other deputies and possibly people outside the agency.

But wait! There's more!

The sheriff says he suspects members of the SWAT team bought steroids from Holiwell, but isn't going to try to prove that because, Urquhart admits, he needs the 20-member team to remain intact for now.
link

Then to the press he said:

"What we're dealing with is police corruption," Urquhart said at the press conference. "I'm on a witch hunt to root out that kind of behavior."

Is he? He said he wasnt going to investigate his roid raging SWATties. But he's going to root out corruption?

Drug dealing pimp cop + drug using SWAT team + sheriff who wont investigate = Just a bad apple?

Would you be on your soap box if he was selling weed? After all it's still a controlled substance in Hawaii...

I would wager anything, or any amount that the financial and social damage of steroid users is a drop in the bucket when compared to any other narcotic. For example toking it up only ensures that another few mexican mules dragging bales across the border die in the Arizona desert and a fistful of street dealers shoot each other and some random bystander trying to sell the bales that make it.

But whoring his wife out? That's a pretty good indicator that he isn't someone I'd want to serve with. But if it was consensual, then I'd be playing the same 'persecuted sexual preference' card that the left has been using

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
From what I have gathered through some research is that police do not have a high rate of suicide. There seems to be a lot of myth about police being presented as fact. Usually following the words "studies show" with no reference to which studies.
the following is from www.badgeoflife.com a website for and by police.
DEBUNKING THE MYTHS

Are there 300, 400 or more police suicides per year? Answer: No

Actual studies show there are 125 to 150 police suicides per year, at a rate of 14 - 17/100,000 (the public is 11/100,000 and the Army in 2010 was 20/100,000).

Some groups have drawn attention to themselves by circulating "big numbers," like 300-plus suicides per year, or 60/100,000. There are no studies, anywhere, to substantiate these figures but, because they are so high and exciting, they get press attention.

Our 2008/2009 national study showed 141 suicides in 2008 and 143 in 2009. This yields a suicide rate of 17/100,000, a figure that holds up under scrutiny and is consistent with CDC/NOMS data. 143 is bad enough--this number is 3 times the number of officers killed by felons.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong wth any of this....

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If roid rage was that rare there wouldn't be a phrase for it. Of course steroids cause rage,irritation,anger that's just a fact.
..and police still need to be held to a higher standard regardless.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: borracho
Ok then police aren't under any of those conditions... and they still need to be held to a higher standard.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
If roid rage was that rare there wouldn't be a phrase for it. Of course steroids cause rage,irritation,anger that's just a fact.

You seem to be unfamiliar with some key terms which are pertinent to this discussion. Allow me to enlighten you:

Myth

a : a popular belief or tradition that has grown up around something or someone

Propaganda

: ideas or statements that are often false or exaggerated and that are spread in order to help a cause, a political leader, a government, etc.

Your "facts" are incorrect, and there's ample evidence floating around to disprove them.

Testosterone does not induce aggression, study shows

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Why can't you just admit that police need to be held to a higher standard? I can't argue with a fascist, have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Fascism

Your poor character is on display for others to see.

No where in my posts have I stated that police should not be held to a higher standard. I'm looking at reality, and stating the facts.

I think police officers should be held to a higher standard, and personally am against exogenous androgen consumption except in the case of lameness.

Now, seeing a problem with low T in police officers, leads me to believe something must be done. That's what I stated. You assume far too much.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I wouldn't say every single man in their 50's needs low T treatment, but you are right many do need it, and it can really increase overall QOL.

Also, it is extremely easy to get legal steroids from a doctor. You can even go to say a chiropractor, use the right key words, and use a take home piss test. Obviously it wouldn't need to be your pee you submit, but even if you did chances are you would qualify as being low because there is no set standard on how to gauge those readings. Then the chiropractor gets a different doctor to write you a prescription, and voila, you have legal steroids prescribed to you by a doctor you have never even met.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If the only crime the SWAT team is accused of is taking steroids ... I would not care to push that either.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

FACT????

Stop believing everything you see on TV.

First of all "steroids" is a vague word and includes cortisone and birth-control among many other common medications.

Anabolic androgenic steroids are what people have heard all the boogey man stories about, and by & large they are simply different forms of testosterone. Almost every pro athlete HAS is IS using them, lie to yourself if you wish, but that's a true statement there, I know it first hand.

Testosterone is natural, you can't test for it, it's something your body makes and people have incredibly varying levels naturally. At 16 your levels might be 2600ng/dl, and your best friend might be 400ng/dl. Guess who is going to be better at football with the same training??

So is it cheating of your friend gets his level up to 2000ng/dl? Should we set limits for how much you can dope and anything over that level is cheating? That's crazy right?? Well.... THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WE DO. So little Timmy can take 5 times his natural level and still pass the doping tests, but Thor over there might be close to the limit naturally. But actually the limits are so high that even Hercules would have to inject some Anadrol-50 to come close to the limit.

Also testosterone can have AMAZING effects in medical use ranging form treating diabetes, to parkinsons, memory problems, AIDS and dozens more. In simple terms it makes your body heal faster, and tells your body to retain more muscle mass. Take anabolic steroids and sit on the couch drinking muscle shakes and you'll just grow man-tits. You have to work out hard in order to tear the muscles which the testosterone then heals faster and larger than before.
The 'normal' range for a man in his thirties is anywhere from 300-1200 so it's easy to get a prescription after seeing an endocrinologist and being a bit on the lower end of the scale. Even at 800 some docs will say "well you could be at 1200, so here's a script".

I used to have a prescription for low-T and I was happy to have the extra testosterone to help me at the gym, but I never took more than the therapeutic dose for my low-T condition (genuinely low).

Parabens and other chemicals in soaps, shampoo, skin creams, meds, cleaning chemicals and now even our FOOD are dropping American natural testosterone levels very quickly and tons of people are now considered as having "low-T"

Now to the point: The emotional effect of extra testosterone depends firstly on what type a person is taking and what dose, but from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I can tell you I know LOTS of people on testosterone, and I've never witnessed "roid rage".

Here's what it WILL do though: It exaggerates your normal emotions, so highs are higher and lows are lower. If a person is naturally an angry person, they will become ANGRIER, if they are depressed, they will become even more so, if not suicidal. And it can feel like a damn roller-coaster because the normal swing of emotions you have in any day becomes a larger wave of up and down. I never liked that feeling and I could clearly see it in myself. Crying at any mildly emotional part of any movie had me thinking "WTF is wrong with me??"

Roid rage? Of of the largest bodybuilders I know takes plenty of testosterone (prescribed, yes really) and is probably one of the most level headed restrained people Ive ever met. My old alky dad had way more of a roid-rage problem than anyone I've ever met who uses testosterone.

top topics

join