It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible-waving MN GOP Supreme Court nominee places God above U.S. law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Michelle MacDonald, the Republican nominee for the Minnesota Supreme Court who neglected to disclose her upcoming trial for a DWI, is coming under fire for promising GOP officials that she would base her opinions on Biblical principles.

During a speech she gave at the Minnesota GOP convention in Rochester on May 30, 2014, she told the delegates that “when judges used to enter the courtroom, they would hold a Bible over their head, like this,” and then held a Bible over her head.

Call me a conspiratorial nut case if you want, but I see subtle signs of a coming Theocracy in America.
Be that as it may; I wonder If Michelle MacDonald is going to adhere to the Old Testament laws or cherry pick from the King James version, the Biblical laws she wants us to adhere to. Apparently from her previous record "temprance" would probably be ignored.

But I think we can all see thru this transparent campaign tactic, that could very well work, of rallying the Conservative Christians into her support.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh, the globalists have been working for . . . some say 400+ years to arrange a global government and a one world religion.

However, you'll wish the woman concerned had successfully done what you fear.

What will become the case will be far worse.

You'll be required to behaviorally and confessionally worship satan.

You'll likely scoff at the above words.

Then . . . in the not distant future . . . you'll remember them and grieve.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

If you haven't noticed the globalists marginalizing Christianity . . . toward trying to exterminate it and Christians,

then

you aren't very well observant, perceptive or informed.

from the first link:

80.There is a small circle of men who control the world's finance. "Each member, before initiation, knows its religion to be reward for friends and extermination of enemies. Once a man is within the magic circle...punishment for disloyalty is sure and terrible, and in no corner of the Earth can he escape it, nor can any power on Earth protect him from it." The magic circle is "at the receiving end of the greatest information bureau in the world." Thomas Lawson Everybody's Magazine "Frenzied Finance" 1904

5. “Nationalism is... First wave. The globalization of business and finance by advancing Third Wave economies routinely punctures the national “sovereignty” the nationalists hold so dear...” “The Third Wave... demassifies culture, values, and morality... There are more diverse religious belief systems.” “The Consitution of the United States needs to be reconsidered and altered... to create a whole new structure of government...” The Tofflers say fundamentalist, biblical Christianity is “both dangerous and regressive.” Beliefs in nationalism, patriotism, and an exclusive God, “give birth to violence or repression.”
Only when these “Dark Age” menaces are swept away can “advanced wealth creation” by the elite be achieved. Newt Gingrich Mason, member of both the World Future Society and the Council on Foreign Relations, wrote the forward to Alvin and Heidi Toffler’s Creating a New Civilization

You MIGHT be aware that Newt Gingrich goes under the GOP label.

twoday.net...

www.crossroad.to...

www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

twga...

That's quite a hypocritical statement from those who are well down the road toward forcibly REGRESSING the whole planet back to satan worshiping Babylon.

They've already succeeded for decades in getting US citizens to sacrifice babies on Morlach's altar of convenience.

edit on 20/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

She should be removed and disbarred. She openly states that god comes before the constitution. She has violated her oath of office or intends to.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Call me a conspiratorial nut case if you want, but I see subtle signs of a coming Theocracy in America.
Be that as it may; I wonder If Michelle MacDonald is going to adhere to the Old Testament laws or cherry pick from the King James version, the Biblical laws she wants us to adhere to. Apparently from her previous record "temprance" would probably be ignored.

No this country is not on its way to a theocracy. First off, the Democrats are (kind of) in control of the country and they are widely known to not be religious. So first off the Republicans have to regain control of the government. On top of that even if the Republicans DO regain control of the government, it's not like the Democrats will disappear. If anything our country is moving AWAY from religion, not towards it. This lady is just an idiot who can't tell the difference between reality and the bible.
edit on 20-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
"the Democrats are (kind of) in control of the country and they are widely known to not be religious. "

Seriously? Blanket statement, much?

An estimated 70% of the population of the United States believes, for no reason except mommy and daddy said so, and 'society' concurs, that there is a God and he's watching everyone all the time, and needed to create a demi-version of himself that got tortured and murdered in order to pay in advance for sins in perpetuity by persons not yet even born...

Which means that 70% of the population is whackadoodle, and some of those are Democrats, since there is almost a 50/50 mix of Democrats and Republicans here, leaving out for the moment the small percentage that actually thinks once in a while.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

who neglected to disclose her upcoming trial for a DWI

Interesting that they added this little snippet even though it was totally irrelevant to the point of the article. When you can't properly attack someones opinions attack their character.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

With all that said, do you disagree with my statement that a theocracy is NOT imminent? Because, no matter what the percentage of people who believe in god are in this country, there are FAR more atheists and agnostics in it then at any other point in history. And that number is growing everyday thanks in part to idiots like the GOP lady in the OP.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
"the Democrats are (kind of) in control of the country and they are widely known to not be religious. "

Seriously? Blanket statement, much?

An estimated 70% of the population of the United States believes, for no reason except mommy and daddy said so, and 'society' concurs, that there is a God and he's watching everyone all the time, and needed to create a demi-version of himself that got tortured and murdered in order to pay in advance for sins in perpetuity by persons not yet even born...

Which means that 70% of the population is whackadoodle, and some of those are Democrats, since there is almost a 50/50 mix of Democrats and Republicans here, leaving out for the moment the small percentage that actually thinks once in a while.

So anyone that believes in God is wackadoodle and you are accusing someone else of making blanket statements and of having an agenda? Hilarious.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You are a Conspiratorial Nut Case.

A Theocracy in America....yeah right, we are closer to Sharia Law than a Theocracy.

But hey, we know you never miss a chance to insult a person of Christian Faith.

edit on 20-6-2014 by whyamIhere because: Added Christian

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Um... Sharia law WOULD be a theocracy...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Um... Sharia law WOULD be a theocracy...

Um... Guess you are right.

Not the type of Theocracy OP was referring to.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's all the same. Repressive nonsense thought up by people centuries dead to control and manipulate people.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's all the same. Repressive nonsense thought up by people centuries dead to control and manipulate people.

I have no love for Religion of any kind.

Especially in my Government.

But to even insinuate we are close to a Christian Theocracy is Poppycock.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I didn't. I said that we weren't near a Christian theocracy. We aren't near a Muslim one either. Sharia law is no closer to being implemented here then a Christian getting in charge and instituting the Holy American Empire.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Fascinating . . . in your obsession with RELIGION [NOT THE SAME as authentic Christianity] . . . controlling people . . .

You seem to cheerily functioinally IGNORE

the

--far greater,

--more ruthless

--more organized

--more focused

--more enriched with literally mind-controlling experiments, technologies, chemicals, drugs . . .

--more well down the road to even chip implant !!!CONTROL!!! of every citizen with the ability to turn their chip off, cancel their economic existence and some say--with different chip designs, exterminate the citizen at the push of a button

--more advanced toward utter and total global government, one world religion (literally forcing worship of satan) as an overt done deal achievement--it is certainly on the not distant horizon. The under the table stuff has been in place for years. And they are more and more overt about their genocidal goals, strategies and aims.

. . . yet you are all lathered up about some over-zealous "Chrisitans."

Impressive reality testing, that. /sarc

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I didn't.

I know. I was referring to the OP.

I agree, we are not even close to a Theocracy of any type.

I would submit we going the other way removing all God from Government.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I'm not sure what any of that says or is suggesting. If that is a huge NWO rant, I'm not interested. This thread isn't about the NWO, it's about an idiotic member of the GOP trying to place the bible above Constitutional law when they should be separate. Also about a possible imminent theocracy.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The software and the school are OBVIOUSLY

following the NWO agenda and guidelines on such values, groups, goals.

It is TRANSPARENTLY the case.

Such goings on did not just spring up spontaneously out of the local swamp.

They globalists have bragged about using the education system to help shove the planet toward their goals . . . for decades.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OK, perhaps not a theocracy. I think I would rather have Ms. MacDonald sit on the bench as a drunkard than
using her version of Biblical law to dispense justice.

I as a total hedonistic heathen, I would probably be sentenced to death for a DUI that Judge Macdonald has been charged with.

It's just campaign rhetoric, I know that, and I find it very hard to take any politicians seriously...but as a source of irony and amusement, they are unsurpassed.

btw....keep the partisan criticism coming...and don't forget to put in my favorite label..."people like you"

edit on 20-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join