It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal border crossings swell, prompt ‘surge operations’ in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Even when it is millions, and your kids suffer due to our schools flooded with these illegal children taking up seats, emergency room waits for many hours, limited social programs used by these people that could be used for Americans? Jobs that should pay more and be American jobs, but do not need to, like construction it is all still just fine by you?

Yes, I am fine with other human beings being able to live a decent life.

I don't feel like I am a privledged class nor are my children. Them going to school with a diverse group is a positive experience for them. The Emergency room being filled means that humans are getting the medical they need. And I will happy to pay taxes for social programs that help all humans instead of just a fake created privledged class based on the geographical location of your birth.

I'm sorry...I don't give "Americans" a higher status than other humans.

I guess it is also ok that they are abused, underpaid, sex trade etc. Undocumented is all that too, they are at the whims of the coyote, the organized crime controlling them, their employer...

Nope, I'm not ok with that. But Amnesty and an open border policy will solve all of those easily.

Why? Do we really need 10 of millions of more poor in America? How about, kick them all out and let the whole world apply for a work visa program. This would document all, enter all in a data base for cross check with any illegal past activities, control the time they are in the country, keep the children and non-productive people out. We need a few million true workers at best. We do not need the whole family with a never ending stay.

Poor is a relative word. You see someone as poor...they may see it as they finally have food to eat.

The fact is that there is a need for these workers. And I am fine with letting anyone into the country that wants to come here and work...and that includes their family as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: HardCorps

I've been watching this develop for the last couple of weeks. When I saw the story about the State of Texas taking action and a call by John Boehner to call up the national guard a flash of a vision came to me of military vehicles running up and down the highways; military checkpoints, etc.

I live in Texas and just 70 miles off the border. Militarizing this area doesn't thrill me. Militarizing the State thrills me even less. Then I read that the reason for this unprecedented immigration surge is that apparently, "someone", (within the US Gov't?) leaked or released information to the effect that "children" wouldn't be deported and this news went out to the banana republics of Central America.

Then I asked myself................is this somehow intentional on the part of the US Gov't? If so......why? To provoke a crisis? To create a need for militarization in the Border States, (several of which are "Red", anti-Obama States).

As I type this, it is a disaster of enormous proportions. The entire system is being stretched far beyond its capacity. The Border Patrol is so tied up with caring for these people in shelters they've been pulled of Border duties and now, the Border itself is near wide open!

Will this elevate to the point of being a "Refugee" Crisis that causes United Nations intervention? Is that part of the plan? Will we see UN Blue Helmets on the ground in the US?

This had me thinking as well. In the past, the men/head of the household would venture out to cross the border and find work. Once established they would send money back to their home country. Eventually, they would return home because they had enough saved up to build a home and some money saved up.
Now we have women and children coming up in droves. Something is amiss here. Are their living standards so bad that they are trying to escape? I haven't heard anything about some countrie's economy about to collapse.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

In what industry does the majority of illegal immigrants work in? That's right folks, agriculture.

It doesn't take millions of illegals to pick crops. Many illegals have moved on and are in many areas of the workforce now.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

In what industry does the majority of illegal immigrants work in? That's right folks, agriculture.

It doesn't take millions of illegals to pick crops. Many illegals have moved on and are in many areas of the workforce now.

Good for them...they used an entry job to move up...we should applaud that.

Meanwhile, millions of Americans (who some people think are a super class of people) sit on welfare refusing to do any type of job that will make them money.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Wow, so much conspiracy in this thread.

Invasion? Gang members? Infectious Diseases? Obama personal military?

Come on guys...let's take off the tin foil for just a second and put on our thinking caps.

In what seasons of the year are agriculture workers in demand? OMG...it's right now through the end of summer. Can we put 2 and 2 together????

But you guys are probably right...it is an invasion of gang members carrying infectious diseases that have come to be Obama's personal army...that makes so much more sense than agriculture workers during agriculture season.

OMG...it's right now through the end of summer. Can we put 2 and 2 together????

I can put 2 and 2 together and it comes out that you don't get out of your mothers basement often do you?
You really haven't been out in the Real World Lately Have You? To Much Video Gaming or listening to NPR?

Ask any truck driving, who unloads or loads his trailer at the ware house, go to any Asian food market and who's working the meat or fish department or taking or the trash, the same for Asian restaurants, Cooks, Bus boys and even waiters. All Hispanic!
Look at the night cleaning crews in office buildings or community colleges, all Hispanic!
Go to a fast food business, who's taking your order, an elderly Hispanic lady?
kruphix, you don't see any of this? Seriously,,,, you need to ask your Driver to lower your windows in your Limo the next time you venture out and take off you Obama Koolaide Glasses and look with your Own Eyes at the Misery of the Average American High or College Student trying to find a job that was a traditional Kids Job 10 years ago.

Now the Business higher the whole family for minimum wage and two or three families live in one rented house and park their cars on the lawn and kill grass and the tree and it all turns to dirt but they don't care.
Their here for the money to send home so they can go back and live very comfortably later, Get Out and Ask Them, Their Not Shy, They'll Tell You!!!

My thoughts, Pack'em up and send'em back, kids and all, impeach the Traitor in Chief and close Our Borders.
Take Back America, The Rest Of the World Can Go To Hell In A Hand Bag!
With Obama you are:
A land of sheep have we become?
The rule of law should be number one.
This old vet will die FREE,
And not upon a bended knee!

They want our guns and complete control,
And they know it won’t be an easy go.
Chip a little here, chip a little there,
Hoping we won’t be aware.

The oath I took for Vietnam,
Is still in effect to protect this land.
If you want my guns you see,
Look up the meaning of MOLON LABE !!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Guohua...I so wish I could give you applause. Alas I can't. So my meager sole star will have to do.

You and Night Star make so much sense, and common sense at that, in your posts.

I just wonder if all the people in Washington DC who think it's such a good idea to allow flooding of our borders to continue.

Will they take them all in,. and personally, out of their pockets pay for housing, medical, education, food, transportation, clothing...and every thing else they need?

Hell no they won't. They will cheer on our out of control government to pry it out of our pockets, as they count the illegal heads, and rub their hands together, seeing only future votes for themselves.

Des

edit on 22-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

They say that in their own Country, in the news, they were telling people to come now and that they would be taken care of and would not get deported. Our own government has catered to illegals for years. It's like an open door.

You know the funny part is that there are millions ALL OVER THE WORLD that would love the chance to come here and work legally, but for some reason only Mexicans/Central Americans are looked at as in need.

I know! I have been saying that for years! Look at those poor starving kids in Africa that are only skin on a skeleton. Now those are people in desperate need!!!!
edit on 22-6-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If you want to fix the issue of them being illegal...then the only solution that is even close to being efficient is to give them all amnesty, and then make it extremely easy for those who want to come here to work to do so. I'm talking about a 30 minute check-in process at the border. Enter them in the system, give them a SS# and print the card off right there...we have the technology to do it.

But people really don't want to solve the problem of them being here "illegally"...their problem is that they are here at all. The "illegal" argument is just a convenient one for them to have so they don't look like bigots.

We should have a limit on how many people are allowed to immigrate and they can't ALL be from south of the border. We do have other people wanting to come here and they come here legally and with great respect for our country. No amnesty! No rewards for law breakers!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Good for them...they used an entry job to move up...we should applaud that.

Meanwhile, millions of Americans (who some people think are a super class of people) sit on welfare refusing to do any type of job that will make them money.

Illegals are on welfare as well, even those who are above the poverty limit because the woman has a job and the spouse works under the table. The women claim a one income household and get cheap housing, food stamps, medical...through deceit!

No it is not good for them to move up in the job market when we have millions of citizens unemployed. What's this about Americans being a super class of people? They are American citizens and deserve a job and whatever benefits they are allowed. So because 'some' Americans are on welfare and shouldn't be, you think it's ok to add a lot more people to welfare?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

And I will happy to pay taxes for social programs that help all humans instead of just a fake created privledged class based on the geographical location of your birth.

I'm sorry...I don't give "Americans" a higher status than other humans.

Do you have any idea how many homeless and hungry children we have of our own sleeping on the streets or in tent cities, even in the colder climates???? Do you know our shelters all across the USA are always filled to capacity and not everyone can get in??? How privileged are they exactly? Do they have a higher status than anyone else??? Clearly they do not!

edit on 22-6-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Wow you certainly know what's going on and make a lot of sense. So do you Destiny and others in here as well. I mean, so much of this is just common sense really.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Will they take them all in,. and personally, out of their pockets pay for housing, medical, education, food, transportation, clothing...and every thing else they need?

Hell no they won't. They will cheer on our out of control government to pry it out of our pockets, as they count the illegal heads, and rub their hands together, seeing only future votes for themselves.

Des

a reply to: Destinyone
My dear Friend, Stars are nice, but I Like Your Cookie Too!!!
You know what Obama has built, it's no longer under construction!

Obamas next Executive Order!!

Obama might of helped the inventor of the i-coyote app.

edit on 22-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You can thank obama for yet another mess.Does anyone believe this illegal immigrant wave was not caused by talk of immigration reform, amnesty by his administration? Now Washington wants to send multi millions to their home countries to make them more comfortable.Hell why dont we just buy em all new cars, ffs.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
You can thank obama for yet another mess.Does anyone believe this illegal immigrant wave was not caused by talk of immigration reform, amnesty by his administration? Now Washington wants to send multi millions to their home countries to make them more comfortable.Hell why dont we just buy em all new cars, ffs.

Don't give them any ideas! LOL

In the news in these people's country, they were told to come now and they would be taken care of and would not be deported. Oh yes, they are just waiting for that next amnesty.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Washington wants to send multi millions to their home countries to make them more comfortable.Hell why dont we just buy em all new cars, ffs.

a reply to: TDawg61
You know as will as me, Washington is full of Nothing But A$$ Holes!
You know what would be cheaper in the long run and more of an economical boost to us today.
Instead of buy'em all new cars, let's buy their Government and military.
That way we just go ahead and make'em American Citizens, gain control of the Banana, Coffee, Sugar or what ever is the main Economical Source and send our out of work just leaving the colleges and university Graduates there to teach English and send our Business Graduates and Police Graduates and of-course military personnel, this would create jobs and opportunities.

I think many of our illegals would go home. Gladly go home.
We'd increase our marketing and produce and whatever else plus I have to assume in some cases oil as well.
Clean up their elections and be-sure they have representatives in Washington like any other State.

Just My Opinion, Crazy Uh.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
My Dear and Good Friend Night Star, I heard that Rhode Island had it's fair share of illegals now.
That your area has had an increase by 10 times as many as you had 5 years ago. Is that true?
My friend, they are a husband and wife team truck drivers, they own their own truck and trailer.

They tell me, if you own a CB radio and don't understand Spanish don't turn it on!

Living in Phoenix, I've grown accustom to the bill-broads and radio stations and TV stations in Spanish.

I had a Very Hard Time Understanding Though, How America Would Allow Schools To Teach E S L Classes.
English as a Second Language!
Being Chinese and here to learn the Primary Language of my new Home Land, English, I never Considered
English as my Second Language.
I wanted to Fit in to America and be Accepted and Prosper and get as Good Education and Good Job and have The American Dream.
Mission Accomplished,,, With=Out Obama,,, Naturally

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

My Dear and Good Friend Night Star, I heard that Rhode Island had it's fair share of illegals now.
That your area has had an increase by 10 times as many as you had 5 years ago. Is that true?

We do indeed have our share as well as surrounding States and we are nowhere near the border! Been like this for years!We have some jobs where you are required to speak Spanish in order to get hired. When you go to a restaurant or store you can always hear someone speaking Spanish. We have Africans and Asians too, but mostly Spanish speaking people. When ICE used to raid factories, every single job was quickly filled by legal citizens.

Seeing that in our State we have tent cities, homeless and hungry people, we do not need any illegals here. People are on long waiting lists for years trying to get cheap housing because so many illegals are taking up those residences. Many have large families they can't afford and are on welfare.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I am so very proud of you for coming here through the proper channels. It shows great respect and love for the Country and our laws.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Yes, I am fine with other human beings being able to live a decent life.

Well then I guess we need to open the gates and let 6 billion in since you want everyone a great life.

Nope, I'm not ok with that. But Amnesty and an open border policy will solve all of those easily.

So really, what happens when 100 or 200 million come across all looking for work? When they cant find it then they go down the path of what ever it takes, just like in their old country. The problem is you feel that we can lift up the masses and the reality is we are not unlimited and so they will bring us down. I'm not talking some kind of privilege class gets a little less, I'm talking we will all be at the bottom rung, all fighting for a piece of meat.

Poor is a relative word. You see someone as poor...they may see it as they finally have food to eat.

Good, feed them in their own country...we do a lot of that you know.

The fact is that there is a need for these workers. And I am fine with letting anyone into the country that wants to come here and work...and that includes their family as well.

There isn't a need for more workers pass what we already have, I think you are suggesting there is an unlimited number of jobs. You think 10 bucks is an unlivable wage, wait until the competition pushes it to 4 or 5.
I do understand where you are coming from, you want the world to all live well, and you are willing to give up America to put a small dent into the 6 billion that don't, I'm not so willing.

edit on 22-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I am so very proud of you for coming here through the proper channels. It shows great respect and love for the Country and our laws.

Add me to the line that would like to shake your hand Guohua...oh screw that, I want to give you a big old hug...

I truly wish all immigrants had your ethics, honor, and convictions.

I'm so proud to call you my Fellow American.

Des

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join