It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal border crossings swell, prompt ‘surge operations’ in Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Lawrenceville, Va. is just one community who is upset by these kids being dropped off there.

We do not have the resources to take these kids in. We can't even care for many of our own.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Just wait until a couple of murders happen, compliments of gang members and druggies strolling over our borders.

a reply to: Destinyone
They don't have any worries my friend, their savior and leader is here to protect and represent them.

It's already been documented by the Border Patrol that MS-13 have been allowed in our Country in the last month.

Chris Cabrera, vice president of the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley, said that confirmed gang members in Mexico — including those from Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) — are coming into the country to be reunited with their families, National Review reported Friday.

“If he’s a confirmed gang member in his own country, why are we letting him in here? … I’ve heard people come in and say, ‘You’re going to let me go, just like you let my mother go, just like you let my sister go. You’re going to let me go as well, and the government’s going to take care of us,’” Mr. Cabrera told the magazine.
He said that the only way to solve the problem was to implement harsher restrictions on who can be allowed to cross.
“Until we start mandatory detentions, mandatory removals, I don’t think anything is going to change. As a matter of fact, I think it’s going to get worse,” he said, National Review reported.
Other Border Patrol officials said that officers must treat minors with gang-affiliated tattoos the same as anybody else wishing to cross the border.

Linky
YUP, they have a friend in OUR White House, Destinyone and Night Star, we have been friends a long time.
You know I'm an Naturalized American Citizen, This Administration Just Makes Me Sick I want To Cry For The America I Knew And Loved.
Our Commander and Trader pictured with his new friends.

edit on 20-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

I too have read about the gang members being allowed in. And since these kids and teens are being bussed all over the USA, they could be anywhere.
Not to mention, they are coming over with infectious diseases.
I too miss the America I knew and loved. I hardly recognize her anymore.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Oh..........good...........grief.
you've got to be kidding.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Apparently the Republicans assign blame on Obama. This immigration surge supposedly started back in Oct due to Obama's executive order creating Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, allowing illegal children to delay deportation.

The LA Times seems to be the best reference for this story.

www.latimes.com...

Critics note that young migrants are heading north not just to flee deteriorating economic and security conditions in Central America, but also lured by rumors that they will be granted permisos, permission to stay legally. They say these rumors originated with Obama's executive order creating Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, that allowed children who had immigrated illegally to delay deportation. "We are essentially incentivizing the flow of this population by not returning the unaccompanied juveniles to their countries of origins quickly. Indeed, once they arrive in the United States, we try to find sponsors for them in this country, and they effectively stay here permanently," Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) said on the House floor this week.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've been out of the States for a long time. Can someone tell what the f.. happened to America during this all this time. Looks like an invasion that is being wanted/approved for some reason. Maybe future population growth since births maybe down and with fewer kids, any form or type of increase population is welcome. But as I recall, health checkups were required and you'd have to pass them to get legal permanent residency. Hmm...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Contrary to statements from the Obama Administration, saying the surge is of mostly women and children trying to escape violence in Central America, the pictures show a pretty even mix of women, children, and working-aged men who have been detained by Border Patrol.

Rep. Cuellar's office interviewed some of the unaccompanied minors who are in the Border Patrol's detention facility, and while some cite violence as their reason for coming, many others also say they came to study and/or to be reunited with family living in the United States. Several media reports also indicate that a source of the influx of illegal border crossers is due to the Administration's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy and its unwillingness to enforce immigration laws.

Just what we need when we have millions of un-employed people already.

www.numbersusa.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I've been out of the States for a long time. Can someone tell what the f.. happened to America during this all this time. Looks like an invasion that is being wanted/approved for some reason. Maybe future population growth since births maybe down and with fewer kids, any form or type of increase population is welcome. But as I recall, health checkups were required and you'd have to pass them to get legal permanent residency. Hmm...

It has been an invasion for a long time. Some of the people coming through, and it isn't just children, have infectious diseases. The working age teens and adults will not be able to find jobs as we have millions of un-employed people. This will put a drain on the system. As it is, our own citizens are waiting on a list that is years long just to get cheap housing for their families and illegals are already taken care of. I suppose the new influx will come first as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: musicismagic

It has been an invasion for a long time. Some of the people coming through, and it isn't just children, have infectious diseases. The working age teens and adults will not be able to find jobs as we have millions of un-employed people. This will put a drain on the system. As it is, our own citizens are waiting on a list that is years long just to get cheap housing for their families and illegals are already taken care of. I suppose the new influx will come first as well.

Sounds so sad. I once read, "great nations fall from within", as an outsider looking in, and by the pictures I've just seen, it doesn't make any sense to feed them for months on time and then let them roam free in America. I only see some real negative coming out of this, yes, some positive will shine, but infectious diseases have always been tightly controlled coming into the States, but this seems to be a disaster in the making.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

160,000--- And it's only June--- What the hell is going on--- that all these people suddenly feel like now is the right time to come to the States?

Well.......I'm just guessing but maybe your wonderful government has invited them to come en masse on your behalf?

Just like the relentless waves of poor, unskilled Africans bombarding EU ports (especially UK ones).

No one wants them. Mystery.

But they swarm to Europe...desperate...fighting to get here in home-made boats (hundreds have already perished in the Med).

200,000+ immigrate to little UK every year, putting pressure on housing, health, social welfare, jobs.

It makes no sense...millions of (mainly) Africans invading Europe, while simultaneously millions of Mexicans invading US.

Like they've been invited by our governments.

Not sure what the globalists have got in mind, but it all seems to be working to a timetable.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They say that in their own Country, in the news, they were telling people to come now and that they would be taken care of and would not get deported. Our own government has catered to illegals for years. It's like an open door.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Wow, so much conspiracy in this thread.

Invasion? Gang members? Infectious Diseases? Obama personal military?

Come on guys...let's take off the tin foil for just a second and put on our thinking caps.

In what industry does the majority of illegal immigrants work in? That's right folks, agriculture.

In what seasons of the year are agriculture workers in demand? OMG...it's right now through the end of summer. Can we put 2 and 2 together????

But you guys are probably right...it is an invasion of gang members carrying infectious diseases that have come to be Obama's personal army...that makes so much more sense than agriculture workers during agriculture season.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

It doesn't matter what season it is.

Somewhere along the lines people in power have forgotten what the word illegal means.

Of I get caught doing something illegal, then I am subject to punishment, even for the most petty offense. If these people get caught, they get the red carpet treatment.

Illegal is illegal, no ifs ands or buts about it.

I'm so tired of all of the illegal immigrant apologists.

The law is the law, what is so hard to friggin understand about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

You do know that without illegal immigrant workers our agriculture industry will collapse...right?

There are many laws that aren't enforced, many laws that are outdated and aren't applicable in today's world. Our outdated immigration system is one of them.

When you go one mph over the speed limit, do you go turn yourself in? Do you yell at cops who see you but don't pull you over for going one mph over the speed limit?

Don't talk about "law is law" when all of us break many laws every single day.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: jmdewey60

Oh..........good...........grief.
you've got to be kidding.

So far 60,000 children have made their way to America this year alone. They have been told that children will get free pass into our country because they are underage.

One good note I see in all this is that I think this will drive the need to do something and not just let the borders leak decade after decade.

edit on 22-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
You do know that without illegal immigrant workers our agriculture industry will collapse...right?

So you are against a worker visa program where all immigrant workers would need to apply and be sponsored by an employer for a set period of time? Also, do we ne 25 million pickers?

There are many laws that aren't enforced, many laws that are outdated and aren't applicable in today's world. Our outdated immigration system is one of them.

Just need to enforce the laws we have and create a robust worker visa program. Hell, it would pay for itself even if the worker/employer paid 1/4 the cost it takes a coyote to get them across.

Don't talk about "law is law" when all of us break many laws every single day.

What part that they are not an American do you not understand? BTW I do not break laws every single day, and I pay my fines when I do. It is a red herring fallacy to suggest that going one mile over the speed limit is the same as someone entering our country illegally, using our limited social programs, our schools etc as the same since they are both illegal.

Even when we remove the bad elements and just focus on those who are here trying to make an honest living they still cost the tax payer a lot. Look at California, they are going broke and a big part is the millions of illegal aliens living there.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
They say that in their own Country, in the news, they were telling people to come now and that they would be taken care of and would not get deported. Our own government has catered to illegals for years. It's like an open door.

You know the funny part is that there are millions ALL OVER THE WORLD that would love the chance to come here and work legally, but for some reason only Mexicans/Central Americans are looked at as in need.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So you are against a worker visa program where all immigrant workers would need to apply and be sponsored by an employer for a set period of time? Also, do we ne 25 million pickers?

No, I am for anything that makes it easier for migrant workers to come here. Because I realize that our economy depends on them.

What part that they are not an American do you not understand? BTW I do not break laws every single day, and I pay my fines when I do. It is a red herring fallacy to suggest that going one mile over the speed limit is the same as someone entering our country illegally, using our limited social programs, our schools etc as the same since they are both illegal.

Even when we remove the bad elements and just focus on those who are here trying to make an honest living they still cost the tax payer a lot. Look at California, they are going broke and a big part is the millions of illegal aliens living there.

But I thought the "law is the law"???

Are you now saying that breaking some laws are ok, but breaking others aren't???

That's fine...I agree with you actually...and I think crossing an imaginary line in order to find work to feed your family is one of those "laws" that are just fine to break.

If you want to fix the issue of them being illegal...then the only solution that is even close to being efficient is to give them all amnesty, and then make it extremely easy for those who want to come here to work to do so. I'm talking about a 30 minute check-in process at the border. Enter them in the system, give them a SS# and print the card off right there...we have the technology to do it.

But people really don't want to solve the problem of them being here "illegally"...their problem is that they are here at all. The "illegal" argument is just a convenient one for them to have so they don't look like bigots.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Looks like everything is on track so far...border surge operations are par for the course.

Source / Alternative source

The Senate will now vote on this “border surge” amendment on Wednesday. The Corker-Hoeven amendment adds about 20,000 border patrol agents, over 700 additional miles of border fence, a national E-verify system and an entry/exit system to track those who enter the U.S. on a temporary basis. Senators like Florida Republican Marco Rubio had insisted many in the Republican party would not support a bill without these added measures – which come with an additional $5 billion dollar price tag. But Rubio and other Senators insist this is necessary to ensure the reform bill works to reduce undocumented immigration and improve safety while creating a pathway to legalization for the nation’s 11 million undocumented.

However, this is but one step of the process involved in order to secure the border. Securing the border is Title one of the Bill, Title two provides more insight as too what it is we are seeing in relation to the flood of immigrants crossing the border, and what promises they are being told in or to endorse their arrival.

This title addresses permanent legal status in the United States. It creates a Registered Provisional Immigrant program for undocumented immigrants and incorporates versions of the DREAM Act and AgJOBS, for undocumented young people brought to the U.S. as children and for agricultural workers, respectively. It provides sufficient visas to erase the current backlog of family and employment-based visa applicants in the next 7 years, eliminates or changes some family-based immigration programs, and creates a new merit system that is based on points accrued through education, employment, and family ties.

The jobs being promised, let alone the DREAM Act, provides plenty of incentive for individuals to come into the U.S. however they can. But, this may look like all shiny on the surface for those attempting to come to the U.S. but, a nefarious coup is being plotted under our noses implement what is known as the Trans Pacific Partnership.

It is no coincidence that the year 1994 saw not only passage of NAFTA, but the beginning of border wall construction. And it is no coincidence that the border surge is being considered at the same time the TPP is being negotiated. Also closely related is the proliferation of private prisons, especially immigration detention centers. Militarized borders and new prisons help manage social disruptions as well as political dissent resulting from FTAs. Criminalization of the undocumented creates a sub-class of workers denied basic labor rights while forced to work long hours for low wages. The ones who benefit are transnational corporations and agribusinesses.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
No, I am for anything that makes it easier for migrant workers to come here. Because I realize that our economy depends on them.

It would be workers from allover the world... One of the biggest issues with all this is the whole south of the border monopoly on migrant workers.

But I thought the "law is the law"???
Are you now saying that breaking some laws are ok, but breaking others aren't???

Actually you are the one saying that....you suggest that if a person goes one mile over the speed limit then they can not speak out against any other lawbreaker. So how do you feel about a felony vs misdemeanor, or is robbing a bank and killing people the same as speeding?

So if an illegal gets caught and deported it is a misdemeanor, if it happens again it is a felony, False Personation of a U.S. Citizen is a felony, Fraud and False Statements for social programs is a felony, Social Security Fraud is a felony.

That's fine...I agree with you actually...and I think crossing an imaginary line in order to find work to feed your family is one of those "laws" that are just fine to break.

Even when it is millions, and your kids suffer due to our schools flooded with these illegal children taking up seats, emergency room waits for many hours, limited social programs used by these people that could be used for Americans? Jobs that should pay more and be American jobs, but do not need to, like construction it is all still just fine by you?

I guess it is also ok that they are abused, underpaid, sex trade etc. Undocumented is all that too, they are at the whims of the coyote, the organized crime controlling them, their employer...

It is all ugly no matter which way you look at it, and you just focus on, "need to feed the family".

If you want to fix the issue of them being illegal...then the only solution that is even close to being efficient is to give them all amnesty, and then make it extremely easy for those who want to come here to work to do so. I'm talking about a 30 minute check-in process at the border. Enter them in the system, give them a SS# and print the card off right there...we have the technology to do it.

Why? Do we really need 10 of millions of more poor in America? How about, kick them all out and let the whole world apply for a work visa program. This would document all, enter all in a data base for cross check with any illegal past activities, control the time they are in the country, keep the children and non-productive people out. We need a few million true workers at best. We do not need the whole family with a never ending stay.

But people really don't want to solve the problem of them being here "illegally"...their problem is that they are here at all. The "illegal" argument is just a convenient one for them to have so they don't look like bigots.

No, the Government doesn't want to upset the Latino voting machine, so they just push it on to the next guy. Many of our border towns have basically been converted to Mexican, might as well move the borders North.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join