It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Ideas what this light was at the Neumayer Station?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I ask because I have not seen it before. Also you'll see a few snowcats driving away from the place before this big light sort of blankets itself over the Neumayer Station.

This strange phenomenon? was caught on one of Neumayer's webcams on June 18, 2014.

You'll have to read the YouTube descrition yourself, it's too explicit for ATS

Link to the stations webcam

From what I gather, this webcam takes pictures at 10min intervals?

Anyway I'm sure the great minds on here will get to the bottom of it.

I'd love to visit the place

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here is a thread about strange lights there in 2011.
Another from 2012.
There is a history of light anomalies with that station.
Some theories chalked it up to being caused by a door on the station being opened, another to the moon.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It's probably a frig...er on a digger! There seems to be two beams making up the big light.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
It's probably a frig...er on a digger! There seems to be two beams making up the big light.

I have no idea what frig means, but over here in the UK it means 'to have sexual intercourse with'..

True story lol

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

It's just the lights on the station getting brighter as it gets darker.

edit on 20-6-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
How many times do we have to have this discussion. It's Nibiru now move on, lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

It's just the lights on the station getting brighter as it gets darker.

No because the 19th and 20th of June's videos is on the website and it dosen't do it again at that specific time.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It looks like there are a few lights on ground level (which are obviously vehicles of some kind on wheels).

But i reckon there is a projector up top that, when turned on starts as small orb of light on camera, but the longer its on the hotter it gets, which creates the bigger orb effect on camera!

Thats what it looks like!
edit on 2014-06-20T09:49:06-05:00201406bam3006am0630 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So one night they turn the lights on, another they don't.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

I have no idea what frig means, but over here in the UK it means 'to have sexual intercourse with'..

True story lol

Although it pains me to type it, Northern Ireland IS part of the UK...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here where I live, frig is a lighter word for the "F" word

This light gets really bright for a long time and IO don't see any lights on that station that could illuminate like that. Very weird.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

So one night they turn the lights on, another they don't.

No you're just guessing without looking at the facts, in the other videos in the link you can see it's not the lights on the station.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: skyblueworld

True story lol

Although it pains me to type it, Northern Ireland IS part of the UK...

Never looked at his location. Ha!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
One thing I did attempt to do is pinpoint the center of the light, which may give an indication or where it is emanating from. If you pause the video at about 17 seconds and look on the side of that small red tower atop the main building, there is a mirror-looking object, although it could be a light as well. I say mirror-like because it is sort of shiny in the daylight. I think that is where it is emitting from. I also think that it does not appear to be quite in the middle of the light source because of the camera angle, as to the left of the building is where it is likely facing. This light was not on the previous night, but seems to be something they turn on when needed.

Another thing that alludes to this are the "escaping" vehicles. They likely illuminated the area as much as possible to aid the drivers of these vehicles. So they flipped on some lights that are not always on. It makes sense to me that they would wish to conserve as much power as possible in such a remote location, and what is the point of turning on a large light that consumes more power than the smaller lights when the smaller lights will do? They likely are not doing too much outside during the night when they can help it. That is what I think is going on anyway. Someone mentioned that as the light stays on for a longer period it appears to grow a bit more intense, and this very well might be the case. Or maybe it is variable, meaning they can adjust the brightness. We are not talking about some house on the block here, but a remote location, a capability like that would not seem unusual to me.

new topics

top topics

join