It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naysayers Never Did Anything Important

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This is for the professional naysayers that immediately jump to say NAY NAY NAY NAY!!! NAY NAY NAY!!!
Edit FIx: Did Einstein say NAY! I can't do that, they said I'm crazy for defying Newton? NO
Did Neil Armstrong say NAY! I can't go to the moon. That's insane. This is not some Jules Verne novel? NO
Did Jesus say NAY! the tax collectors have this one covered? NO
Did Tesla say NAY! speaking through the air, you are preposterous sir!? NO
Did Caesar say NAY! It's always been a republic? NO

So, before one bashes on folks for exploring the edges of another's perceived reality, the possibilities of our world and existence, one might want to recall that Winston Churchill never once said NAY! we can't defeat the Germans, we might as well surrender and Obama never said NAY! I can't fool enough people to get elected.
edit on 20-6-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Damn.. you mean they actually pay people for that .. someone owes me a large amount of backpay ..

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

For some reason, most of my text isn't showing - at least on my browser, but it pulls up if I hit the quote button.
I swear it was at least moderately more amusing than the one line I'm seeing.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

For some reason, most of my text isn't showing - at least on my browser, but it pulls up if I hit the quote button.
I swear it was at least moderately more amusing than the one line I'm seeing.

i gave a s&f just cos i had that happen on my intro.

but i believe ya .

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Really weird your thread didn't show up. It won't show up when I quote it in a post, nor did it allow my response to be posted..

I guess you can't call out the naysayers on ATS! Tough luck!

Good rant though. It boggles me when some people are just soooooo sure they understand every facet of the immense universe of possibilities around them.

The other day someone told me some great words of wisdom:

'A fool is wiser than the wise man, for the fool stands to learn something that the wise man already thinks he knows.'

edit on 20-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

It bit off loading today .. thought was just me as have rubbish signal out here lately .. most likely it will be sorted quick if its site related ...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Ya, this will be the friendliest rant thread ever. LOL Edit: Fixed OP

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

No worries its good when a rant ends up friendly .. seen a few end up that way ..
One has to laugh at the absurdity in the world .. or go mental .. its also why strong alcoholic beverages were initially developed by early humans as a way of coping ..

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

fixed it, but i do prefer a friendly rant! its just humorous venting on my part, even though it does annoy me at how many people in life tell me what I can't do or can't think. the annoyance in large part comes from my childhood, which was particularly rigid of thought.

and really, there's a place for critical opposition. just not knee-jerk style naysaying at anything that doesn't fit the common mold.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
When my pappa told me not to be Pooh-Bear going after all dem sweet honeys, I said Nay.

Sometimes the rules are there for a reason
Otherwise we'd all be burning our houses down with matches. But yeah, rules should be understood before ones sets out to break it.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
*giggles*

NAY!

new topics

top topics

join