It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just removed something from my leg.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Reading some of the replies regarding personal "surgery" made me laugh.

I used to be on a framing crew (built houses) and injuries are pretty common and for the most part not serious. After going to my general practitioner for stitches several times he gave be a crash course of closing holes and supplied me with some needles and thread lol.

So far I've given myself stitches twice on my chin, once on the outer canthus of my left eye, several times on my hands and once on my forearm. I like to try and keep my sutures shallow and very close to the wound edge too and when I went back to see my GP some time later I was showing off my needlepoint skills and he was very impressed.

Oh, and you all should of seen that gnarly planar wart I cut out and then cauterized that I had on the sole of my foot. It was just larger than a quarter and I still have a slight indentation in my foot, but that bastard never came back

In all honesty as long as your instruments are sharp and sterile, clean the site thoroughly and keep the would clean you're good to go.

CAVEAT: But if i had something under my skin that I couldn't identify the cause of (like the framing nail I shot in my wrist) I would seeking the opinion of a real doctor.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Go see a doctor. It's probably nothing but it's worth a few bucks to know. Please go see a doctor.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

originally posted by: skalla
You know you have a problem when you perform minor surgery on yourself and then ask strangers on a conspiracy site what to do next, rather than seeking some professional medical help.

I don't think the surgery I had done is nearly as bad as you think. Even rubbing alcohol didn't burn. oddly.
Um that's not a good thing. Even the smallest of wounds should cause a burning stinging feeling. If there was no response that is a SERIOUS problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I am kind of surprised how so many say "you really should have had a doctor do that..." at a site like this, I avoid hospitals and clinics at all costs because of the increased risk of picking up, what was it?, a nosocomial infection I believe it was called.

I occasionally would call in sick from work with a hangover and claim it was the flu at a previous job and the receptionist told me I should go to the doctor more often to improve my immune system, I nearly bit off my tongue on that one...

If doctors were required for every little itty bitty thing that went wrong with our bods to be dealt with we would have been extinct long before those newfangled doctor fellers ever showed up, I have a bad rash right now from fire ants that my front wheel on my bicycle kicked up all over my left leg, maybe poison ivy or oak too as I was running around out in the Florida woods in a pair of shorts, but won't go to the doctor till it's too late more than likely.

Keep that mess clean and you'll probably be ok, don't use alcohol, use peroxide sparingly until it doesn't fizz much, keep the bandages changed if they get wet, other wise let air get to it to keep it dry.

Momma probably told you that you shouldn't pick at yourself, right?.

I am having a really hard time not scratching my leg, I should send a picture.......I should have taken my camera with me to take a picture of that big cat that was running at me till I yelled "How the # did you get so big?..." on the "fire ant attack " day....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

I occasionally would call in sick from work with a hangover and claim it was the flu at a previous job and the receptionist told me I should go to the doctor more often to improve my immune system, I nearly bit off my tongue on that one...

Well her advice was predicated on a continuous stream of lies. Had you been honest, she probably would not have thought you had a problem ... at least not an immune problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Looks like cat food to me....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Can't believe how many wussy responses to go to the docs for this "procedure". I thought ATSers were tough, survivors, prepared and knowledgeable. He did nothing more than one might do to dig out a sliver or piece of glass imbedded in the skin.

OP, if you can get a microscope and look for yourself that would be awesome. Maybe someone could analyze it for you. Way to go for being independent and handling it yourself. Always keep a bottle of hydrogen peroxide hand as well as rubbing alcohol. Really helps to bubble out impurities.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I put out a facebook post for a microscope

I'll be updating photo's tomorrow not today as I thought, so if you are interest wait till tomorrow around 10pm est.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Nout but a Flesh wound...had worse from plucking my eyebrows.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Was it your left shin or right thigh? Was it blueish, when i cut into. My leg it was a tough uncuttable fiber, i had read on the net a person with the same found silver thread like object
edit on 23-6-2014 by sanitizedinfo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2014 by sanitizedinfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

Left shin.

Decent question.
edit on 23-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

What were you plucking them with hedge trimmers?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Yeah if you can under a scopr break it open and record each layer to see if it is artificial

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Looks nice and infected to me....trouble with topical disinfecting is that more than likely you have infected the layers under the skin with whatever tool you used to get the object out. Hopefully it doesn't spread anymore than it appears to have spread from the pics.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Looks nice and infected to me....trouble with topical disinfecting is that more than likely you have infected the layers under the skin with whatever tool you used to get the object out. Hopefully it doesn't spread anymore than it appears to have spread from the pics.

Yep.
There's definitely some local infection there.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I really don't think it is infected though. The pictures always seem a little misleading seeing it first person but I think the coloration is because of changing it from moist to no regularly. The scab is in the process of hardening in the picture after it's been softened over night.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I burned first than cleaned it with rubbing alcohol, all the while using alcohol and peroxide to clean while cutting.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I burned first than cleaned it with rubbing alcohol, all the while using alcohol and peroxide to clean while cutting.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I really don't think it is infected though. The pictures always seem a little misleading seeing it first person but I think the coloration is because of changing it from moist to no regularly. The scab is in the process of hardening in the picture after it's been softened over night.

It's the inflammation and redness around it which suggests it's infected.
The skin surrounding it probably feels slightly warm in comparison too.
It may heal itself or it may not, get it looked at by a professional.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join