It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just removed something from my leg.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Can you say gangrene. I knew that you could. See a doctor to prevent serious infection.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Since I had contracted mersa I've been very good at cleaning out and keeping clean infections. I'll stick with handling the infection till it looks like it might get worse but before it's a horrible thing.

The darker picture added a bit of green coloring to the wound but it truly doesn't look even close to as bad as that photo

edit on 20-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
looks like something similar i had a few years back. did the same thing you did and cut it out with an x-acto knife.
i just figured it was and old splinter i picked up and turned to whatever mess it was at that time complete with the red brown old blood fluid.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I'd take those to get analyzed.

Nice cat photo bomb.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

How and where? Preferably the cheapest out of pocket way

Also, yea the cat is Charlie. Thought it was a cute photo so why not show it

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
What do you want to hear OP ?

Its an Alien implant?

It's cancer?

Where are you headed with this thread?

Just saying...

Suggestions, some of which I've already heard.

I already know it's an alien implant because the implant told me so, duh

Right! AND you removed it when the tag was placed in you so you could be one of the ones SAVED and removed from earth before it goes Kaput! Now you will be left behind....

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Foreign objects will encapsulate and create cysts around themselves (the body walling off the irritant); it's probably just something like gravel or the like that you picked up as a kid in play and never even noticed.

There's really no need to go to a doctor, especially this long after the self-induced cut. Lots of rubbing alcohol, it will sink in below the skin surface and ward off any infections and kills all germs in its path. Then dress with triple antibiotic ointment, a few bucks at any pharmacy. There is nothing else a doc could do for you, save yourself the bother.

You probably know this but any increasing redness, soreness or especially red marks or 'threads' traveling up the leg is an emergency; MRSA can travel in mere hours so far up the leg that amputations are necessary; I've had dictations where the person came in with an infected foot and while they were contemplating a below ankle amputation, the infection spread so fast it ended up being a below knee amputation. But you're right, avoid hospitals if at all possible. They're dirtier and more loaded with pathogens then the sewer and landfill combined. A doc office, not so bad...

And to the high blood pressure person, I certainly hope you just happened to not mention that you were put on BP meds; high blood pressure is not treated with just aspirin and diet change, and it's a great way to stroke out, or blow out your kidneys, not to mention every artery in your system. High BP is like always running around on tires that are overfilled past normal pressures. Sooner or later, a catastrophic blowout.
edit on 1401116amFridayf01Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:01:14 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I have to say that does not look good, the color, nothing years back my Mother's neighbor had a cut on his hand, he thought he was keeping it clean and all was well but he died from blood poisoning just wham dead.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
Septicaemia is only a risk if he does not drink the rubbing alcohol--Trust me I know about it, I am a Doctor.

To the guy with high blood pressure--you need to order from a reputable online pharmacy some Catapres!!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I would amputate the leg.

Maybe even both....But, I'm not a Professional.

Add: Just saw the pics...Get your a$$ to the Doctor.
edit on 20-6-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Septicaemia is only a risk if he does not drink the rubbing alcohol--Trust me I know about it, I am a Doctor.

To the guy with high blood pressure--you need to order from a reputable online pharmacy some Catapres!!

Saying you are a DR and recommending drinking rubbing alcohol is a very bad idea even if joking, you could get someone killed.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF

For real???????????????????????

www.healthline.com...

Explain this Dr.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sounds like a cyst. I had one. Got it surgically removed. It felt like a tiny ball bearing. Hard and round, but seemed to have a long thing attached to it.

I know you don't need a lecture, but what you did was very dangerous. One hopes you sterilized the tools you used, so you don't get an infection

Secondly, if it is a cyst and malignant (most likely it's benign) you are not to cut 'it' out, you cut out surrounding tissue along with it, because splicing into malignant cells will cause them to spread into healthy cells.

As a rule a doctor should do this and if it looks suspicious , he does a biopsy.

An infection is nothing to take lightly. You sure wouldn' t want to get your leg amputated.

I don't know why some people are telling you no need for doctors.

edit on 20-6-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

I like your opinion more than the others. I can't believe I forgot about the possible spread in the way you mentioned.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Side note, it's healing unbelievably fast. I'll post an update later tonight.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Aside from being a dumb thing to do yourself, it could be any number of things occuring above and below the surface.

They are (can be): node, tumor, cyst, pimple, popul, pustual, growth, nodule, wart...and a few others for just a couple examples.
All can grow with little impact or notice.

The only way to tell would be to have it biopsied...but you negated that possiblity when you destoyed it. If you get it again, go to the doctor! Ok?

MS
ADLS
Advanced Disaster Life Support
EMT
Emergency Medical Tech

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks for the advice. I knew I was putting myself into danger but it is acceptable to me.

Not being sarky by any means. I just had a general idea of the dangers and with no insurance and 5 interviews lined up for work, i just can't see a doctor.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Understand that. But with blood poisoning it wouldnt help with those interviews! Just take care, ok?

There are times in your life when you should see professional medical personel...its good to know the difference.

And good luck to you with those interviews!

MS

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Noted. I will be keeping a keen eye on it and my bodily function in hopes of preventing any negative outcome. If I see any progression toward what I feel may be even the slightest abnormality I'll take myself and the sample to the emergency room.
edit on 20-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: spelling.

Also. As far as color. Maybe the pictures make it seem harsh but it really seems like normal for what i'm used to.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Turning this into a stealth "NHS Rules" thread. Also, that is not a cat photo bomb, the OP grafted the head of his neighbour's road-kill cat onto his previous surgical foray.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join