It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here it comes "Gas Tax proposal" Senators Propose 12-Cent Gas Tax Increase

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I'm well aware of how expensive gas is in some nations. I lived in Italy for 2 years & Spain for another 2 years. Doesn't change the fact that gas here in the US is now expensive and on the rise. The USA used to be able to drive those gas guzzlers because gas was so cheap, but them days is over & they ain't coming back.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
In fact, according to government figures, the average price of gasoline has never exceeded 5 dollars per gallon.

eia.gov

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Remember, it's not the money you work to earn; it's their untaxed revenue, and if they can't get it out of your pocket with one tax, they'll just find another ...

But this makes all kinds of sense, let's impose heavy new carbon regs that will spike everyone's energy prices AND impose a new gas tax, too! I'm sure the little peons are hiding all that money in their mattresses, and we can spend it so much better than they can.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: DaRAGE

Just because it didn't happen back the early 90s doesn't mean it can't happen today. So you can't call BS until the fat lady sings. This time Iraq is dealing with terrorists taking over which can and will include oil fields.

What do you mean early nineties? I'm talking when George W Bush invading Iraq after 2001.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I got fed up with these types of shenanigans long ago and basically quit driving much at all in response.

It would work nicely if it were the other way round, as in taxpayer's monies weren't wasted on useless un-needed projects and .... whatever.

So now the guys who can't manage their finances are going to force nearly everyone to manage on that much less to work with.

There is something we can do about it, but most people are just too lazy to walk or ride a bicycle, or god forbid take a bus or train and have to be social creatures and tolerate one another without feeling the need to exercise their supposed right to bump into one another on the road (insurance companies love you more than you realize) while rush down the block to buy a dew at the corner during a TV commercial.

Does anyone really consider the importance of exercise after they are no longer young and fit?, I was forced to stop driving because of a mistake I made in the past and just never started driving much after I could drive legally again. I no longer had to spend money to go to the health club after SITTING and doing NOTHING behind the wheel all day, fast food?, doesn't exactly agree with one so much when the body NEEDS good nutrition to pedal long distances.

I could go on and on, but I won't, but if you want to have a revolution and reject being required to pay for the LUXURY of being LAZY, quit being lazy.

Let your leaders be lazy on less.....

I guess most of us could blame ourselves for becoming too dependent on a lot of things, really, it's your fault if you accept this kind of crap, and if you allow your leaders to run roughshod over your rights it's because you are too lazy to even manage your time well enough to keep track of what's going on and actually do something about it besides complain back and forth on your cell phone while you're driving down the road and not paying full attention to the task at hand,endangering me on my bicycle...

Americans are stupid...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I find it funny how Americans get angry about 12cent tax increase on gas... seriously we in Europe already pay waaaaaay more than you and even with 12 cent more (I assume per gallon and not even per litre) you would still be a lot cheaper than any European country.
Relax and learn how it feels for the rest of the world to pay for gas (not including the gulf states etc)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

Maybe Europeans should be just as angry at the high taxes placed on their gas? Perhaps you would like to see American's be as submissive as Europeans and not get upset over high taxes? You do know how this country was founded, right? High taxes and all.

Maybe one day American roads will be filled with mostly mopeds and small auto's, from cars to garbage trucks, just like Europe.

Check out this Italian garbage truck. Isn't it cute?

edit on 22-6-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I just paid $3.69. Oh you shoulda heard the profanity falling from my lips! We have one of the highest gas taxes in America yet we're one of the poorest states.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join