It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me educate my American friend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hey Everyone,

Over the years I've watched some amazing docos on how the world "ACTUALLY" works. American foreign policy, stockmarkets, economies, wars, Oil/ Petro Dollar etc.

I have a really cool American friend who has just come to live with me in NZ and shes facinated by how the rest of the world perceives the USA.

I'm sure I could do a google search and find some stuff but if possible you could point me in the direction of some of the best films and youtube clips you know to enlighten her from an outside perspective that would be amazing!

It's really interesting to see how they think the world expects them to be "helping" all the other countries. Completely oblivious to the fact that it's their own foreign policy that creates a lot of the problems in the first place.

Appreciate any material submitted. She's a good person and I don't want to show her any American bashing stuff just well informed researched material that will open her mind a bit.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My lord my friend. Just bring her here!

Seriously...I've learned more about my country here than in grade school and college.

Beautiful country you live in if I may say.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ka0s69

this film first:

www.thecorporation.com...

then the 3 parts of this:
archive.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Go easy with her otherwise the sudden shock will overwhelm her ..
Yep.. as TiedDestructor said bring her here .. but in small doses at first .. you may also want to have beer or wine on hand to soften the shock for her ..

Hope it goes well for you .. and for her .. its good to see you taking the time to explain to her ..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's strange how most people in this country cannot believe that this is just a pipe dream built on belief with nothing to back it. I have always wondered how it even can work. Most people must be in LaLa land here for it to work.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

This ought to help

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ahh.. bit of music to go along with your lessons .. and lighten things up a little..

edit on 19/6/14 by Expat888 because: attempt fix vid embed ..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Show her the building 7 video by AE911truth.org.

Gulf of tonken (Spelling) incident.

Bush family secret dealings with Nazi's and how the CIA took it over.

Show her how the CIA created Al Qaeda.

Show her Tim Osman. Osama's FBI code name.

Show her proof we knew pearl harbor going to happen.
edit on 19-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

World harbor is going to happen??? I thought that was just an internet a rumor.!
Lol you beat me to the fix

edit on 6 19 2014 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

edit on 19-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Maybe just pop some popcorn and watch the movie "Idiocracy" together.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just show her some s# the French talk on us and she'll stop asking.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Where is the "here" you and tiedDestructor speak of?

You guys go me curious on where i need go to learn more

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

This little site we call ats .. got almost everything here be amazed at what you find around the site .. thought saw jimmy hoffa down in the basement .. and in one the dusty cupboards when was looking for another beer stumbled over the missing 11 minutes of watergate tapes .. just dont look under the beds here.. thats where the truly scary things are ...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ka0s69

the vinny eastwood show sounds off on just about anything & everything
he's based in new zealand & has a website, like all the others

these are good..
bill cooper
stuart crane

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Lol wow 0.o that I can't believe I missed that one lol

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
First thing to do is educate yourself. It's not America who controls the World. It's the super rich, banks and multinational corporations who have the real power. America is just the scapegoat and poster child for Capitalism, which exist all over the World.

The World is divided in many ways. It's divided geographically, by religion, by philosophy, politics, racial ethnicity, rich/poor, ruling elite/working class and the list goes on and on. In my opinion it's the last one I listed which the most important to focus on. The "war" is between the super rich and the common man. All the rest are distractions used by the super rich to divide and conquer the common man and keep him/her enslaved.

The next step is to determine how open minded your friend is and also how interested they are in the subject matter. You can't force someone to open their eyes if they're not ready to wake up. If they want to take the red pill and go down the rabbit hole then that's great start. Just getting people to that point is sometimes a challenge by itself.

If they aren't already open minded and searching for the truth on their own. Then you might have an uphill battle and need to take baby steps. Start with credible sources and documentaries. For beginners it's best to start simple and avoid wild conspiracy theories. Investigate and understand the systems of power in place and the roles they play. Here are a few .....

Organizations of Powers : NATO, EU, UN, CFR, Royal Society..... etc

Other World governments in power : Russia, China, BRIC's, Saudi Arabia and others in the middle east

Major Religions : Catholic, Christian, Islam, Judaism and Buddhist

Industries : Global Banking, oil & gas, multinational corporations ... etc

Understanding the main stream view is important to contrast with alternative viewpoints. It's important to get more than one side of any argument. There's always at 3 sides to any issue. Yours, theirs and the truth.

Here is a list of my favorite documentaries

For non-conspiracy minded people : 4hr - 4 part series
Century of the Self

For conspiracy minded people : Less than 2hr- 9 part series
The Big Picture

For anyone open minded :
Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist addendum

Michael Moore on health care system
Sicko

Big Business
The Corporation

GMO's
The World According to Monsanto

Housing crash of 2008
Inside Job

Peak Oil
Collapse

I could add more but here's a good start.

Good luck and enjoy!
edit on 20-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

Here's a couple more controversial but interesting videos for the experienced truth seeker

Ring of Power

Irish Origins of Civilization
Youtube

100 essential documentaries

edit on 20-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Amazing responses people! Thank you so much! That should give me something to go off and even if she doesn't care for it in the end I'll have fun watching all the ones I seem to have missed!

Just noticed I joined this site back in 2006.. been a good journey so far!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Could you post some good sources/videos to what you are talking about. I would love to read/watch more on this topic. Much thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

Do add more! This is a great. There should be a thread where people compile the best presentation of materials to wake people up and then stickied so everyone can see it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join