It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Everyone at least tries liquor at some point in their lives. Some don't like liquor some can't get enough. Personally I like to drink but I haven't been able to drink as much as I'd like to. I'm not an alcoholic but I've known many alcoholics throughout my life. I've even drank as much as the alcoholics I hung around had drank and I don't got an issue with putting the bottle down.

My favorite liquors are a simple selection of whiskeys & vodkas. I'll try other liquors but whiskey & vodka are the mainstay or centerpiece as far as I care.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i usually start the evening by downing glass of whiskey and then pour myself some gin and juice for the rest of the night.. sometimes i down a second glass of whiskey before my second glass of gin n juice.. typically around 50/50 gin/juice.. been sittin on some cranberry for awhile

i love tipping bartenders
edit on 19-6-2014 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

I enjoy some drinks as well.

I personally believe in controlling it though. I can put it down as well and have for years at a stretch. I think to prove the theory and my own will power.

But honesty, after some hard work some good play must commence lol.

Cheers to you and your's on the journey, and many more!

edit and 19-6-2014 by Treespeaker because: Stupid tablet types like crap....

edit on 19-6-2014 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2014 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The only liquor i'll drink

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That's rough......yikes

Margaritas or sunsets are the only way I can stomach that.

Do you chase it with Jack? (Shivers)

Too many margarita calls in El Paso I'm thinking...

Cheers

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

nah...

Bit a salt, a lemon wedge... and a shot glass...

Chase er with a beer...

Dats how we do er In Canada

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Berp! I forget wash I wash gonna shay, hic!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

sounds like me

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Oh yeah, I'm a Canadian and she gets the job done for sure.

I wouldn't pass down the shot..... But I wouldn't enjoy it lol.

It's funny the same taste is in cheap Dominican Republic Rums...almost a mildew taste without the sickness lol.

I love distilled spirits and steer just close enough lol.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jarring

originally posted by: smurfy

sounds like me
Yups, obviously the HOPEE has a problem when you can't differenciate between mash and spuds.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh, I love my wine. Have to be careful how many glasses I have. Hangovers suck worse as I get older. I like most white wine, from the cheap stuff to the high end stuff.

Vodka makes me shoot my mouth off. Tequila makes me want to talk to everyone, including drunk dialing my family and friends on the phone.

And I think beer is the nectar of the gods. Especially German beer in Germany.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If you get a hangover after drinking over three drinks, it is pretty hard to become an alcoholic. In fact they give alcoholics a treatment sometimes that stops their ability to detox one stage of the process, acetelaldehyde to acetic acid. This gives them a hangover and they can't drink as much. It gets rid of their desire to drink.

Now, liquor is different than booze, some liquors have chemistry that alters perception for many people. Alcohol is high in tyramines, chemicals that make you feel good, chemicals created by the different combinations of microbes used to ferment the alcohol. These chemicals form neurotransmitters and adrenaline, and help form octapine reserves in the body. The octapines can be good for us but most often cause us to get pissed off if released to fast.

Alcohol is a chemical made by microbes, it can also kill most microbes that are not of the same type and allow more of these microbes that make alcohol to colonize our gut. They convert sugars to alcohol in our gut. We normally have a balance of these mixed in with our gut flora, they work well if in balance. When their numbers get high, they make us want sugar and starches along with more alcohol, a sort of antibiotic which works in their favor. We feel good with these critters in us, half drunk most of the time, unless we don't feed them. They then start grabbing the sugar out of our bodies and we get hypoglycemic shakes. So off to the bar for another 7&7 or a couple of beers, more hair of the dog that bit you. The sulfites in the drink can slow their growth. We crave foods with sulfites to keep them in check. But the Sulfites have their own set of problems, they need molybdenum enzymes to detox them. Acetelaldehyde also needs molybdenum enzymes of a different type to detox them. So we crave more peanuts, they have those in every bar. This is what they call self medication, we crave the antidotes.

The antiseptic effect of alcohol is well known. They are sort of a broad spectrum antibiotic. Drinking alcohol also makes your joints feel better because it melts the senovial reserves and lubricates the joints. But too much means you deplete the reserves and your joints start to wear out, you taxed yourself too much by overdoing it and the joints get depleted. I don't know what you can eat to help restore these reserves, I haven't found information on this yet. Someone here may know that from running across it somewhere. I am sure a part of it is some glucosamine and Chonderite compound.

Boy, did I get off topic. If you drink, eat some peanuts if you are not allergic, reeses peanut butter cups are the cat's meow.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Im a Canadian living in South America and man do I miss going to any ole Irish pud for a few frosty pints of micro brew. ~sigh~

One of my good buddies from Kelowna...his family owns an organic winery/vineyard and I would occasionally buy boxes of UNREAL tasting wine at cost...~sigh~

Licuor? Jamaican rum..mmmm

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Good reasoning.

Thanks for the info dl.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
When I drank I had a love affair with Monte Album Mezcal. I drank it straight from the bottle, and I generally ate the worm. I also loved El Toro Tequila. I'd make frozen margaritas with it also.

I liked Jack Daniels. I liked Jim Beam, although once I got really sick from Beam after I ate a bunch of tater wedges. I puked on my friends push mower and he said that it looked like a horny head cat fish when he mowed his grass with it.

I also liked Ol' Grand Dad. Purdy good stuff. I was a binge drinker. I could out-drink most people and I would binge-drink for 2-3 days. I'd go a week or so and do it all over again. I also drank mass amounts of Budweiser(2 cases at a time on top of the liquor I had). I drank hard since I was 16. I would "go camping" when I was younger so I wouldn't get caught.

I always had a love affair with store-bought wine and homade. I even liked malt wine.

For no apparent reason, I haven't been drunk since 2008. Maybe it was the hangovers getting worse the older I got? IDK. I had a little set-back a couple years ago during summer. It was a hot, humid, danky, summer evening and I bought a 6-pack of ice-cold Bud. I stood at the kitchen sink and opened one. The foamy top was inviting. I forgot how much I loved it. I drank over half a can in one drink. I stood at the kitchen sink for 2 hours fighting myself because I knew what was coming; A binge-drinking-fest, and I would've went and got me some Mezcal or Jack. After that hard battle, I poured the other 5 down the sink and walked away. Maybe I love it too much and know that I have to stay away from it? But just a little sip.......

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm a Cuba Libre man, though i will drink beer on occasion.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hi my name is Liejunkie01, and i'm an alcoholic.

It has been 13 1/2 months since my last drink.

Not ashamed at all.

I just don't have the switch that tells me when enough is enough. It is all or none with me.

I loved beer, anything but Stag, and loved the Quervo. Usually Budweiser, Bud light, or Corona. I went on a 1800 tequila kick dor a while.

Life for me is better without the drink.

But I don't think bad of people when they drink.

With that being said, drink one for me.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Beer is a food for me. My favorite liquor drink is a smoothie made of strawberries, pineapple, mango, banana, and a can of coconut milk. Cut it in half with clear rum. I could live off of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

The only liquor i'll drink

Me also,

I found that I like the Cabo Wabo Tequila, The gold.

No salt, No lemon, no chaser....Shot glass is all I need and even that's optional.

I only drink maybe 2-3 times a year, special occasions.
edit on 19-6-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Does it taste good in icecream. I don't drink but there was a thread on homemade icecream and this thread is reminding me to try out my ninja and see if I can't make some with some liqueur, it apparently prevents the ice shards so you don't need to use an ice cream maker.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join