It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found this, this morning, and I'm stoked.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy.

Personally I reckon the Koalas are stoners and not good chewing.

On the other hand kangaroo and a few others, mmmmmmmmmmm.

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm Kangaroo, medium rare, with a black pudding topper set off with a blue cheese wedge drizzeling down onto a bed of crispy and bristling veg & potatoes. Pleaseeeeeee.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

But they look like teddy-bears. That should count for something. Maybe they should call teddy-bears teddy marsupials?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wow and I got all excited when I saw a raccoon in my yard. And I live in a city !!!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Its hard to believe the ruckus some citified people can make over any "wild" creature.....we have come a long ways from the hunter gatherer stage haven't we?
That bear would make a nice rug by the way.......

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Awe what a sweet little guy.
So koala' s haven't been seen around your parts for awhile?

They sure are a cute animal , but I hear they can be feisty!

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your discovery.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That's beautiful! Did you try and interact with it? I'd love to share a hug with one but they have those tiny sharp claws,ugh.

Lucky!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
MSAW, I have a question. Why are they sometimes called drop bears?

Well the drop bear, although strikingly similar to the koala bear, is actually only a cousin. It drops from the trees and will actually attack it's prey, mostly human, with its sharp pointy teeth. When attacking, it makes a distinct gurgling noise. Drop Bears are even sometimes found in Sydney, I know, because I live there. When you arrive to Sydney, make sure to ask as many locals as possible where you might find one of these elusive creatures.

Australia isn;t called the deadliest country for nuthin' mate =)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hollandt
Yikes! Why do they attack humans? They seem too small to make a meal out of us.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Aw how cute! Never see any around my neck of the woods ever anymore probably because every bit of land is being cleared for new developments & homes, there used to be alot of Roo's too now to see one is really rare.. I agree though they are extremely feisty i held one once and them claws made me a little uneasy.. Lol

Haha drop bears ..

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lindalinda
a reply to: hollandt
Yikes! Why do they attack humans? They seem too small to make a meal out of us.

edit on 20-6-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

A true custodian of the earth you are. Three cheers for you
mate.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You should be careful around those little guys...

They may look cute as a button, but get under them and you'll see a different se of claws and fangs "just before you die"..

You Gotto be real careful when there's a Drop-Bear around.. ;D ;D

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin
While I respect what myselfaswell is doing, in trying to lessen the fear surrounding a visit to Australia to promote tourism, the danger of drop bears is very real and should not be taken lightly, and especially never be referred to as a falling koala.

The drop bear (Koalas Droppii v. terroraustralis) are real and dangerous in Australia.

Very scary and they drop without warning...

Look up. Stay alive.

Drop bears are smarter than you think, and display some interesting characteristics. One thing for sure is that there are things you can do to avoid the threat of drop bears when visiting Australia. Here are our ten most recommended tips:

1. Avoid drop bear prone areas - Check the danger areas and avoid walking under tall trees

2. Try to avoid speaking in languages apart from English - A drop bear can detect foreign languages and will target the origin of such sounds

3. Use the Aussie Lingo - Words like sheila and crikey will fool your average drop bear

4. Smear vegemite on your armpits - We think this one is a bit of a myth, however many swear by it, so if you want to make sure you don't get flattened by a hairy meat sack, then you may want to go to such extremes

5. Hop on one leg - This is an interesting one. We thing that the drop bear will mistake you for a Kangaroo and leave you alone if they hear hopping. It is not fool proof but a good one to excersize, especially if you hear the rustling of potential drop bear activity

6. Keep Moving - when you move around it is very hard for a bear to follow you up in the trees. If you stay in one place say for a picnic, the drop bear has the chance to edge forward towards you location

7. Wear a broad brimmed hat - Wearing a large hat increases the viewable area of your body to a drop bear looking down from above. We have found that large hats tend to scare off some of the less agressive drop bears.

8. Sing a song - (preferably Australian - see number 2 and 3) Drop bears are known to be very musical creatures and appreciate a good song.

9. Don't declare liberal political views out loud - Drop bears are highly left wing politically and don't like hearing the other side of the story

10. Don't act scared - Seriously, drop bears can smell fear a mile off. Be cautious but confident walking around the Australian bush. Don't let them see the terror in your eyes.

Drop Bear Aware - Ten Tips

edit on 20-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Wow what a fantastic find in your own neck of the woods!! Love!
Wonderful creature- thanks for sharing your story and pic!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Because of the overwhelming interest I though I'd post a quick update.

It's still there, plenty of trees, so fingers crossed it's here to stay.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Is this what you are describing MT

Regards,

Bally

edit on 21-6-2014 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: Murgatroid

Is this what you are describing MT

Regards,

Bally

Looks like the offspring of a tiger , koala and monkey ..

Or maybe its lack of proper beverages making me see things ..

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
What a kind gesture, all good Karma to you!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Holy sh!t Bally.

Reckon you might have to knock up a quick thread in the cryptozoology forum explaining that one.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 21-6-2014 by myselfaswell because: whateva

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

Check your mailbox. It's the little envelope icon glowing white in the top right corner

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join