It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found this, this morning, and I'm stoked.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Glad to see you spotted the little guy in time and spared his home from the chop ..

One of the nice things about living in the boonies one gets to see creatures that otherwise wouldnt ..

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Stop telling them that, you don't need to protect them from the truth. Australia is a scary place, they need to be informed of all our predators!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
What a cute little neighbor you have there! Glad you saw him and saved his habitat.
Here we were---being all excited about a family of foxes we've been seeing recently---they are newly "re-arrived" in our neighborhood. They were plentiful when I was a child but some nutters trapped them out when the price of their pelts went high in the '80s. Since we built our place, over 20 years ago, we've built five brush piles for their living quarters. This is the first year we've been sure that they are in use.
So, yes, to see a critter returning to its natural habitat gives one a boost doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

While I respect what myselfaswell is doing, in trying to lessen the fear surrounding a visit to Australia to promote tourism, the danger of drop bears is very real and should not be taken lightly, and especially never be referred to as a falling koala.

I lost my little brother to a drop bear. We were camping and he got out of our tent in the middle of the night to go for a pee underneath this massive gumtree we were camping near. I was sound asleep and only awoke after hearing that terrible grunting of a feeding dropbear. My heart sank and I started screaming as I burst out of my tent to see only what was left of my poor little brother (RIP Kevin.....my best friend and brother). It looked up at me and the torch light made its eyes look light white crystals against a blood-stained matted furry face, then it turned and darted into the scrub. I kneeled down next to my brother and cried. I didn't know what to do. I just cried and hoped it would come back and kill me but it didn't. I hate the fact it didn't. I wanted to leave with my brother. I never had a brother named Kevin.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
They have the closest finger print match to human finger prints

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I would say Orange. Orange is the new Black. Didn't you know?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

Mate, I was only joking about the Koala sleep rolling out of the trees.

Sorry to hear about Kev, damn shame that.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I want one! You are so lucky but thank you so much for sharing the picture.

Mura

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Lovley to have wildlife like that about.

rickymouse common mistake koalas are marsupials NOT bears

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Beware the Drop Bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Honestly I'm fair taken aback with the response. I'm still stoked and will be hence forth. I've got one other critter here that I'll put up sometime which will really spin some people out.

Anyway, to those that have said "I want one" all I can say, is I've got one and you cant have it.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Well said, I have a 3 metre python living in my roof. No one wants one of those but even if they did they can't have it. Its a gem of a snake.

Kind regards,'

Bally

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Man, never underestimate a python in the ceiling. Vacuum up more vermin than a Dyson'ill clean up any day of the week.

Lucky you.

Cheers
MSAW

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Thats why I love it. Even the missus is cool with Joe Blake now.

No mice or rats. Wish I had Koalas though.

Bally.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
MSAW, I have a question. Why are they sometimes called drop bears?

Drop bears are their carnivorous wilder relatives - see the link posted.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Ummm...reek they do

as eucalyptus they ingest..........................................

How did you.....NOT...know that there were any around...as they tend to increase the pungentification of any area they inhabit.

Pungentify: v., the overt act of olfactoral particulate aerosol increase through various biological processes.

Cute...cuddly...and aromatic...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Probably because my farts are stinkier and linger for a sh!tload longer than theirs. Not to mention the fact that they sh!t up trees and I don't.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Koala = "No Drink" Perhaps something to learn from that. My 'Cougar' Bourbon flatulence would scare any drop bear away.

Kind Regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I'm not sure that Koalas know how to batter & deep fry eucalyptus leaves

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Yes, but we know how to batter and fry koalas

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Thanx for sharing. We don't have koalas down south here in Louisiana but we do have quite a bit of wild life. Even our license plates say "Sportsmans Paradise". We have deer here but they are smaller than the ones in Pennsy.

I was cleaning up strawberries the other day and thought the cute rabbit that visits our yard would like the green tops and I was right. He came back that night and munched. We have woods and swamp behind us and get visits from deer, rabbits...we see owls and many colorful wild birds. There are snakes of course. I usually "fire up" the poisonous ones and leave the good ones alone so they can tend to rodents and such. Every so often, Animal Control has to relocate a stray alligator from someones yard or culvert. We even have a few bears around some parts of Louisiana. It really is a beautiful, green state.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join