It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling drunk or drugged in a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I've had a few dreams where I feel like I was drunk or was drugged, but never ingested anything in the dream. I would struggle to walk/talk/stand. I would feel very dizzy and my equilibrium is off. I did a search and a lot of people have had this feeling, but no answer. So my question is:

- Has anyone ever experienced this? If so, do tell!
- What do you think it means?

Dream 1: My first ever encounter with this feeling was strange. My friend was helping me walk into a house, and when we were approaching the door I remember seeing a cat that was cut in half but only the half with the tail was there. When we walked inside the house there were a few people in there and I remember hearing them say it was time to go, so the same friend helped me through the back door where I saw the other half of the dead cat. It was just dry, there was no puddle of blood. It was as if someone drained the cat before placing it there. No one reacted to it, and it was pretty much just left there and ignored.

Dream 2: I was walking when a lady warned me that I was possessed by an entity and that I needed to be cleansed. She invited me into her home where she was going to perform the cleansing. She mumbling some non-sense, and I was about to leave because it was too ridiculous for me. When I started heading towards the door I felt this paralyzing feeling and the "drunkiness" or "drugged"feeling started to kick in and I could no longer support my body. I felt my legs raising off the ground and my body was spinning. After a while, I was able to regain normal consciousness and the lady told me that the entity was too strong, and that I have to go to someone else, then I woke up.

Dream 3: I was a part of a group that was going to sneak into the capitol building (I have never been there in my life) and when we entered the building and started to walk around I started getting that feeling. I went into a wing that had a layout similar to a courthouse and I sat down. I must've passed out in my dream because when I "woke up" the group I came with was gone and I almost got caught, but managed to escape.

Thanks for any input

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: freetheuniverse

I've had this before.

It's usually in the context of a worse case scenario dream which I figure is just my minds way of preparing me for something that is giving me anxiety.

For instance, when I learned to drive a truck I had a dream where I felt drugged and the brakes took greats amount of pressure to get the damn thing to stop.

When I actually got in the real truck it was far easier and I was far more cautious due to my dream self.

More than likely your dreams just represent something on the back of your mind that your subconscious is working you through in the worst way possible.

That's just been my experience though.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Probably a hypoglycemic event happening while you were dreaming. When the body runs out of glucose at night, it starts burning ketones, if the transition is slow or insulin is high, than it can give you spins or a drunk like feeling for a while. This could extend into a dream I suppose.

I used to have a reoccurring dream about being stuck in place while a bear was coming at me. Well, it did have something to do with a furry animal. The cat would lay across my legs and was probably cutting circulation a little causing my feet to ache a little. I cannot sleep with a tucked in sheet to this day nor will I allow an animal to be on my legs, they learn very fast not to lay there.
edit on 19-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
In a reoccurring dream I have I am standing outside and looking at the stars soon a few start moving in different directions to the stationary ones and I realize they are not stars at all they are UFO's. Then I get dizzy and real stars start spinning...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Yes, I have had a dream like that - quite recently. I was in a mansion or even grander residence with very high ceilings & ornate Victorian architecture and furnishings. The fireplaces were large the kind that have carved panels that reach the ceiling and somehow the place was very familiar or mine. There are other people there in a room with rows of chairs set up for a meeting or something.

I'm walking around but sort of shuffling and really dizzy like I'm very very drunk. I sort of feel like I'm not exactly the owner of that body but looking out through the eyes and I'm getting dizzier and losing control of my motor functions. Suddenly I lose all balance and topple and my view is like I'm lying on my side and wanting to get up but I have no control of any muscles at all. I'm wanting someone to help me up but I can't form words with my mouth either and then everything goes dark and I wake up.

It was pretty scary because I've never been THAT drunk in real life. It was very odd, but then again almost none of my dreams are ever normal.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hi,

I've had dreams like that.

My parents were driving me to a house, and when we entered the house, black clouds started attacking me.
I began to feel dizzier and weaker by the second but i told myself to stay strong and eventually the black clouds went away.

I also have a lot of dreams were I completely lost my balance that I even can't get up. Like i'm drunk of intoxicated but a lot more worse. Sometimes I can't get out my bed IN my dream.

Honestly I don't know what it means. I've had a lot of these dreams but I never seem to have an explanation for it happening.

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time. I will not be able to do something like walk from point A to B, open a door, or speak coherently in these kind of dreams.

I do not know what to make of it. It is a weird and I do not like feeling that way. Occasional I will have a dream where I am in complete control or at the very least have 'super' powers.
edit on 6-7-2014 by jrod because: adda

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Probably a minor form of sleep paralysis ?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

I get sleep paralysis, and I also experience this drunkeness or stumbling feeling in dreams, it could mean two things, one that my spirit is not balanced to journey where I see fit in the dream and two, that I am trying to control the dream too much and my dream "sight" is slowly fading out of the dream, I say that because most of the time if not all (I cant remember every instance) I usually crash into the ground if Im drunkenly flying or if I stumble into the ground or a wall.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hi I just woke from a very anxiety ridden dream.
I was walking towards my house and kept coming across dead or sick bloated cats along my route. I eventually got to my front door where I started to feel dizzy or drugged like vertigo where my balance was off and I couldn’t put the key in the door. I was on my doorstep trying to fit my key in for ages. All the while realising that people were on the lawn across the way relaxing and watching an open air movie screen that for some reason was above my house.
Eventually a lady walked up behind me and said I will help you unlock the door, which she did. By that stage my eyesight was totally blurred. Although this lady had helped me I didn’t get a great vibe from her and yet I invited her into my home for a cup of tea. As we entered my kitchen there were a group of what seemed like local teenagers perhaps 18-20 year olds all sitting around my table smoking and chatting amongst themselves, I have an 18 year old son so o associated them as people he knew but I wasn’t happy that they’d been allowed to hang out in my home without my permission or my knowledge so I asked them to leave, to which a main guy sat back on his chair and said make us.
As I started to walk towards him I started to become disoriented again like before and started swaying back & forth uncontrollably and my eyesight began to fail again. My eyes totally clouded over so I couldn’t see at all & the swaying became unbearable for me I was clinging to my kitchen side to try to steady myself but no joy I fell to my knees and couldn’t get my bearings at all. The lady who had helped me before was behind me whispering in my ear but all I kept saying was “vertigo, vertigo”
I then awoke with a start.
In life I do not suffer with any sort of problems or headaches or eyesight.
It made such an impact that I googled it & ended up directed to this post.
I used to be a member of ATS but my account has become dormant and I was unable to access it so just so I could respond I’ve set up this new account.
The thing that got me most about your post is the cat thing, very strange

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I dreamed I died once .
Not much to it Dirt road on a hill car burnt to a crisp someone opened the door there I am french fried .
Woke up alive and well .

Had many many UFO dreams ( loved them Standered Boy runs out of house or in field sees UFOS getting reday to attack runs to warn every one saves girl along the way .The odd thing was the UFO"S now round some ashaped like a t and other letter one big one that looked just like a football stadium .
Other times I would be the one flying the Stadium UFO but it would be half busted with half teh stadium lights not working .

Dreamed of being in a big city on a higher floor of a sky scraper and Godzilla decided to show up ( cool dream )

Here is the most kicker dream I ever had . I was dreaming I was marred ( i was 14 at the time ).
I turned and looked at teh WOMEN ( yea not some young girl but a full grown women ) and did not know who she was .
So I thought Fine If i am going to dream I am marred it may as well be to someone I know and along teh bottom of the dream like a news ticker i put a photo ticker that moved through with photos of every girl I knew .
Pointed said that one and POOF there she was .. Now wate for it that is not teh COOL part .
The cool part is 14 years later I met that first women I dreamed of at 14 and if you haven't guessed by now we got marred .

Ps dreams can reflect what your body feels ( when I get cold wile sleeping i dream it is snowing lolol )

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have also emotions for allmost all the stuff out there. Defenetly you should read dreamanupulatons from james bartley and eve lorgan.

I had after mymtime ketmean astral travel very crazy scify alien invasion dreams. These are also part pastlifes/otherlifes at another time etc... on a anotherplanet.. and carljanse in his ketabook mentioned evry user goes out with all these nightmares. I had over a mth ago a stranger situation.Where i ... only felt asleep with smoking toomuch for an hour ... but foud myself with an blueish mystic(xmen) like lizardish Foking alien sitting next to me very close (on an another place .. astral abduction have somuch ..possebilities . You could found yourself be on a spaceship or experiencing a ... timetravelbase.... ######) and this "being" just imidetly started running away from me... i was only getting certain part of was waS really going on

So . Hunting dreams are basic scenarios or ... i dreamed also once that i had powder that was absolut grand ... and i was amazed how i the next day couldnt forget ...how good this stuff was and .. how real i felt. I have opjtes also keept on distance,. Always. Only flited with the lighter stuff from the field. And .. i dreamed i think almost3 times( one almost where i totaly messup myself with shooting i think) doing the hard stuff. And i alswys never in real like touched the hardH and more have toomuch respect how those stuff is calling and was shocked ... even dream about it. But i loved the lighter stuff (but i had discepline)

Its scary

edit on 9-1-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I know that feeling very well. Almost as if you are being restricted. I vividly remember succumbing to that feeling standing by some inside stairs with railing and only a tv on for a source of light. Then as I lay there feeling this effect I heard someone say...arise! arise! arise! I actually started to lift up off the floor but not really by my own effort.

I kind of 'soft core' felt as if I was inhabiting
someone else's body...or maybe them mine...don't know.

So strange to feel drugged 'and' in a dream at the same time.
edit on 3-2-2018 by Gumerk because: clarification

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So, my dreams are a little bit different then what everyone’s saying. I woke up finally and looked it up and I’m glad someone else has felt this. I remember i woke up in my dream in the same place I fell asleep in real life. And most of my “drugged out” dreams start like this. Yes, I have them constantly. Anyways. I’m in my room, I wake up. And I already feel drugged out and I’m panicking because I’m scared I’m going to die. I walked into my mirror to see myself and my eyes were blood shot red. I walk out and all of a sudden my feel are swollen and I feel like it’s hard to move so I try to run to my mom (this happens in every dream like this) and I end up back in the same place I started where I was laying down. And I just feel like I’m going to die from how drugged out I feel and I knew it was a dream at that point so I tried to twitch my neck to wake me up (yes it really helps) but I remember falling off my bed in my dream to actually wake myself up because of how horrible I feel, and it all happened slowly but I still couldn’t wake up. So I twitched my neck harder and I woke up. But I think that’s the worst I’ve felt

top topics

join