It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter from WTC attack killed in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Man, talk about some irony. Too bad he wasnt in Afghanistan where the people who actualy did it are....

"NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York City firefighter who had responded to the World Trade Center attack was killed in Iraq while serving with the Army National Guard, city officials said.

Sgt. Christian P. Engeldrum, 39, is the first FDNY firefighter to die in Iraq since the U.S.-led war began, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said. Engeldrum was killed Monday when his vehicle came under attack outside Baghdad
"

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 1-12-2004 by skippytjc]

[edit on 1-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Sad article this is. At my firehouse, we have one that left to Iraq to do firefighting. He won't have a gun, but I still hope he'll be OK.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its terrible how the policies of US put people at risk, to me civilians should not be allowed in Iraq until the country is safe.

And if civilians are to be allowed there they should be able to carry weapons.

Now as for the Firefighter I have to agree with you, skippytjc, is an irony, but is more disgrace that the master mind of it is still free to plan more attacks.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
" was killed in Iraq while serving with the Army National Guard, city officials said. "

I understand the confusion tho, I had first not been clear, when i heard the news report, as to whether he was a civilian volunteer there, maybe as a volutneer firefighting brigade, or a trooper.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It makes a lot of sense to have some experienced firefighters in iraq, to quench fires from attacked vehicles and or tow them away.

new topics

top topics

join