It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hey Kanga!!

Yes, it's still a 'thing', lol.

What has surprised me is the amount of sites I've found where people are discussing this...that don't show up on a google search. I've been using different search engines, to see that more and MORE folks are freaking out over the spelling of Berenstein/stain.

Perhaps I am foolish...I'm okay with that!
jacy

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi jacygirl, been busy in life so I don't post much anymore. I check back on threads when I have time and vent randomly. Someone had mentioned a movie they couldn't remember with a reference so I dropped a link from a decent site that had interesting bear post.

Back in the day I used a search tool called Copernic that used all known search engines at the time with astounding results. It has been since discontinued.

Most new browsers have add ons that can do the same thing, might help your searching.

Changing up your keywords and using quotes on the keywords also changes the results.

The bears are the most talked about example, i don't keep many links for them but they usually have good information and links for other examples.

If you want a "Honey Pot" of bear threads I can hook you up. Check out this search page.

www.google.com...

Over 10 pages of links.

Good to see you again, good luck with it all.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Speculation

Hey Speculation! Nice of you to pop in!
Thank you for the link, I will definitely check it out.

My real life is very busy lately too, and also quite stressful.
I've been distracting myself with this topic (when I have the time). Seeing more people discuss it gets me all fired up again, lol.

The people I've discussed it with "in real life" occasionally ask me if there are any 'updates'. I think they think/hope I will eventually have a suitable reason for all this. (I tell them not to hold their breath, haha)

jacy

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Jacygirl, as far as the bears go there really is not any new information. People are still talking about it and more and more people are jumping in saying they remember Berenstein. Old threads that did not get corrected about the spelling and links like you have been posting are as good as it gets for evidence.

New information, to me, is other things that have changed with no reasonable explanation other than faulty memory. When I notice something different I research it to death before saying much about it usually.

A few things I notice and do not find people talking about I post occasionally just to see if other people are remembering what I do.

In response to some replies to my previous post:
When I post some of my memories I know they are wrong and a false memory, I fully accept my insanity for letting these things bother me. It is just interesting to me to see how many other people share the same false memories. Usually when I notice something seems wrong and fact check, I find other people already discussing the issue. Seems odd to me that I have the same false memories as so many other people. Have to wonder why discussing this on a forum for this in a thread about this bothers some people so much.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I remember it as Berenstein and after researching, reading the post in the blog with a comment from Stan and Jans son it seems very confusing that it has always been -stain. It seems like 95% of people, when asked on the fly, remember it as -stein ... This person even acts like they know why,

www.amazon.com...

I have no idea why 9 out of 10 people remember it differently and are apparently wrong, it makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tazkven

And that person would be wrong, considering we've posted pictures of books to show it has ALWAYS been that way, right back to the original prints.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Obviously, there is a lot of us that is wrong here and I am not disputing that it is clear, that it is and apparently always has been Berenstain. The point here is the amount of people, including myself, who clearly remember it as Berenstein. Hell, I just walked up to a coworker and asked them and he spelled it -stein ... Something freaky is going on here.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i always remember it as stein also, as does my wife. another thing, the clip alice put up, in my opinion, not wanting to come off as "wanting it all to be true" but the colouration in alot of places is way off, especialy when the name comes up on the screen it looks like a cheap overlay. i remember the title being in a cartoon fashion similar to the books not some cheap white fonte in windows style caption overlay similar to an 80's wedding video.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I am quite happy to see people keeping this thread alive!

Welcome to the unBEARable section of "the rabbit hole"...lol...

Yes, one thing we have to agree on is that ALL of the Bears merchandise appears with the 'stain' spelling.
Even old books, etc.

So...to all the people who only ever knew it as Berenstain...we would indeed sound ridiculous.

BUT...I am surrounded by people who are more than willing to correct any of my bad memories (in real life). When I'm wrong, I admit it quickly. When I'm 99% sure that I'm right...then I will argue.
When I have remembered something wrongly, and someone proves me wrong...I seem to always realize that yes they were right all along, and I was mistaken.

This is so different.
Like I wrote pages back, it's like waking up to see my name on here spelled jacygurl, and everyone knows me that way.
It just feels wrong. Looks wrong....feels wrong.

No, I don't have any answers...but that doesn't mean I've given up looking for something logical to wrap my brain around.

jacygirl
edit on 9-3-2015 by jacygirl because: sp

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

This has totally flipped my wig and the thing I want to do is to blow it off as a bad memory, which I am sure many, many people do but when you look at the amount of people who remember it as -stein, it really is a "whoa" moment.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You asked the question if the teachers are illiterate. You have to admit they are either illiterate or they are auto correcting the word. They clearly link to the correct spelling...

Why does everyone ignore that question which has been repeatedly asked? How do you explain people who spell it wrong, apparently the vast majority, while looking AT the word/book/product?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

So my friend is a teacher at a private school for the 1st and 2nd grade and almost every day she reads Berenstain bears to the kids, and even has old cartoons of the bears she lets them watch on Friday's towards the end of the day. I did not realize this until I saw the book on her table and it made me think of this thread.

Guess what!!

She thought it was spelled Berenstein. She is 27 years old, and literally handled the books on almost a daily basis (And has dozens of books mind you), yet here she is, spelling it completely wrong. She has always pronounced it BerenstYne and that is how it was read to her as a kid. She never even thought to look closely at the spelling of the name, and typically only read the title of the book. (i.e. gloss of the Berenstain part and just read "Go for a bike ride" or some such)

Her response? "Well, I feel stupid!", to which I said "There is no reason to feel stupid, this is common and most people seem to get this name wrong." at which point I told her to Google "Berenstain bears alternate universe".

I am going to revisit the conversation with her later and see what she thought of her Google rabbit hole.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I appreciate your "debunking" of sorts. The whole thing is so odd. But honestly, why are you adamant to prove we've all just read or remembered it wrong our whole lives? The weird thing is that this "wrong" memory spans across varying age, reading abilities, geographic location, etc.

I believe I had pointed it out before, but there are two separate fonts on the front of the book in which the letter in question looks completely different. Someone at some point in their life would have noticed this. They then would probably have found this topic and posted about their experience. I've read dozens of threads on this and haven't come across a single person saying something like:
"I noticed that a long time ago and kept telling people they were wrong."

Well...maybe I've read something to that effect, but not enough to think that's an experience lots of people have had. I know for myself, I ABSOLUTELY would have corrected anyone saying/spelling it wrong.

And in the English language, we don't pronounce Berenstain as Berensteen or Berenstyne.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Hattish1

Hey Hattish1,
I just suddenly thought of this thread, and clicked on recent topics...to find your reply here! How weird.

I actually quite appreciate raymundoko for keeping this thread alive. I believe that he thinks we're all crazy, but I'm okay with that.

More and more people are talking about this. All the steiner's 'shock and awe' is comforting, lol.

jacygurl...jacigirl....jacygirl....(not sure which world I woke up in, so just covering the bases...hehe....)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Haha! I think we could be friends in real life, in any universe!

I don't know why this bugs me so my much. Anyway, has anyone seen the movie Coherence? It fits this situation-if we are indeed going between universes...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
A few thoughts on this...
I remember New Zealand being in a different position NorthEast of Austrailia and Papa New Guinea being further way. I remember Berenstein bears even had the game gear game I played thousands of times as a kid I would have noticed "Stain" as its unusual. When I was in the third grade I had an elderly substitute teacher who tried to teach us there is 52 states and I argued with her there is only 50, she was so steadfast in her belief and I was wondering how an experienced educator would not know a basic fact. I also remember Richard Belzer dying only to find out hes still alive. These are not false memories and if they were how come hundreds of people have had the same false memories? There is something to tgis and i am usually a skeptic but i was at a loss of words when i read this thread.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Here's another weird search result:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Why is it weird exactly?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

John Titor messed everything up when he came back in 2000...damn him!

I'm going to ask my friends about this and see what they remember....for the record I remember stein...my life has been one big lie lol

edit on 14-4-2015 by gnarkill1529 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Hello. I am of the Berenstein universe or timeline or whatever. I remember it because I always forgot if the I or the E came first, that is not an issue with Berenstain. IE combo words still give me trouble to this day sometimes.

We pronounced it like like bearinstine. I always used to picture a bear all sewed up with bolts in their necks like the monster. I am 33 years old for the data gatherers.

I can't believe I spent the time it took to read through this thread before I responded lol. The thread hooked me in, not sure why.

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join