It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I normally don't comment on blogs about our family name but yours was so unusual and imaginative that I thought it only appropriate to add my thoughts. "Berenstain" according to our family lore was an attempt by an unknown imigration officer sometime in the late 1800s to reproduce phonetically a highly accented version of the tradtional Jewish name "Bernstein" as pronounced by my Father's grandparents when they came to America from the Ukraine. 
In that linguistic region, the name tended to come out sounding something like, "Ber'nsheytn". Since that's how the name was originally documented, it has always been spelled that way by our family and it has always been misread and mispronounced by nearly everyone. It has always been "The BerenstAin Bears". Your parallel reality theory is very resourceful but, unfortunately, by applying Occam's razor, we arrive at the explanation that most people have just misread the name.
Mike Berenstain (Son of Stan and Jan)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

I agree with you 110%!!

I'm very certain this "reality" we are in, is not what we think it is. As silly as this Bears thing may seem to others, I think it's actually something big we've uncovered. Some people in my life are sticking to the "you remembered it wrong" theory and will not budge. It bothers me in ways it shouldn't. I shouldn't care so much about this...but it's so intriguing and mysterious!

I asked about blood type because being Rh negative has its own "conspiracies". Trying to find a common demoninator.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Hattish1

Trying to find a common demoninator.

Perhaps the common denominator is an unwillingness to admit mistakes.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I remember Stein

My son just went and got a coffee mug wehave. It is stain.

This is crazy.

It was definitely Stein

It suggests manipulation of Space?Time

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Has this thread set a record on this site yet? I've never seen one run so long.
I know it used to be Stein, now it's Stain. I just going to roll with the punches on this one.
What does a bear with diarrhea leave on it's underwear?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hi. I joined for this thread, but have been reading here for years. I am not sure I am prepared to share any of my story, but I am going to share some of it.

I have NDEs. At least two types. I am O neg. I have seen a ghost twice. I am a steiner.

Pronunciation arguments were always Steen Stine and not stain. I remember reading every letter. I had a friend named Steinburg at the time. I argued for the Steen pronunciation of stein.

I don't give a hoot about kids books. I have watched several things on TV that I can not find any record of. One was a Discovery Health 2 hour special about a guy who got his legs caught in a combine. He was shucked from just above the knees. He had nothing but bare bone but refused amputation.Any doctor that suggested it was sent away. He saw every kind of off the wall healer you can think of. After a year A YEAR, bones were bleaching in the light, but then
, tissues started creeping down from above his knees. The tissues connected to the remnants of his toes (I can still picture the toes, necrotic flesh hanging there) and once it surrounded the bone, skin followed. He was walking in 2 years. I watched the whole thing. I told everybody. "I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes" I must have said 20 times that week. I have never been able to find any record of that documentaries existence, nor any other person who has seen it. BUT

I have a BIGGER one. This one was eventually verified by myself. If I had known about the Mandela effect at the time, I would have your proof, as much as can be, but having satisfied myself that I was just glad to be able to finally close that chapter, I moved on. Now, I think I may have come to the wrong conclusion at the time. And unfortunately filed it under, well let's just say 'other potentially dangerous conspiracies' at the time, rather than recording the details.

Now is where I will dissapoint. Temporarily. I want to give someone a chance to corroborate my story. Patience, I have so much on this topic.

The year was 1999. I was watching a conference being televised live from Washington dc. The topic is what I would like you to tell me, if you saw what I saw. There was a man with a panel of 8-10 ppl on the stage. I was staring at the television in amazement. I literally said out loud, I will never forget this day. The day that.....

I didn't expect to see any effect immediately, but when I had heard nothing for weeks, I got curious. No record of what I saw existed. I searched and searched. I never gave up. Every few months, when bored at a PC, I would dig a bit. 10 years later, I found it. It was a Blog. The blog of an investigative journalist. Who saw what I saw. He described it all. He remembered even more than me. He wasn't in search of another witness, haha, no, he was in search of the MAN on stage. And he found him. Working as a janitor in a middle school Connecticut IIRC. He was WAY over qualified for the job. He disavowed all knowledge of the conference and the topic, and the conclusion of the journalist, who gave up his job to peruse this matter, was that there was a cover up in progress and the man had "the fear of God put into him" and been blackmailed into silence.

I applied Occams razor and filed as I said. I now think it was alternate time line, or dimension if you will.

I know there are questions. I'm willing to give it a shot.

PS. If someone wants to start a new thread on this, I am up for discussing it. I am kinda new to forums.
edit on 9-1-2015 by ISawItFirst because: Added Post Script

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

NDE's seem to be a common factor here.
I've gone beyond NDE. I have had "Why the hell am I not dead?" experiences.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Has anyone mentioned the Mandela Effect yet?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

NDE's seem to be a common factor here.
I've gone beyond NDE. I have had "Why the hell am I not dead?" experiences.

That is one of the two types I was referring to in my post. NDE is definitely a factor for me, I think there was a divergence for me with one. I hate to image being found in the reality where I didn't make it. Ghastly.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Perhaps the NDE's have caused memory issues...blood loss to the brain and all.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I am not sure you understand Occam's Razor...

Also, your description of the Washington DC event is so vague nobody could ever guess based on the information you have given...

Do you have the name of the investigative Journalist and the Janitor?
edit on 9-1-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Personally, I thought it was Berenstein Bears too...but I never really got into the series as a kid..so I wouldn't trust my memory 100%..So I went and raided my kid's bookcase..sure enough it is Berenstain Bears!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst
Hi. I joined for this thread, but have been reading here for years. I am not sure I am prepared to share any of my story, but I am going to share some of it.

I have NDEs. At least two types. I am O neg. I have seen a ghost twice. I am a steiner.

Pronunciation arguments were always Steen Stine and not stain. I remember reading every letter. I had a friend named Steinburg at the time. I argued for the Steen pronunciation of stein.

I don't give a hoot about kids books. I have watched several things on TV that I can not find any record of. One was a Discovery Health 2 hour special about a guy who got his legs caught in a combine. He was shucked from just above the knees. He had nothing but bare bone but refused amputation.Any doctor that suggested it was sent away. He saw every kind of off the wall healer you can think of. After a year A YEAR, bones were bleaching in the light, but then
, tissues started creeping down from above his knees. The tissues connected to the remnants of his toes (I can still picture the toes, necrotic flesh hanging there) and once it surrounded the bone, skin followed. He was walking in 2 years. I watched the whole thing. I told everybody. "I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes" I must have said 20 times that week. I have never been able to find any record of that documentaries existence, nor any other person who has seen it. BUT

I have a BIGGER one. This one was eventually verified by myself. If I had known about the Mandela effect at the time, I would have your proof, as much as can be, but having satisfied myself that I was just glad to be able to finally close that chapter, I moved on. Now, I think I may have come to the wrong conclusion at the time. And unfortunately filed it under, well let's just say 'other potentially dangerous conspiracies' at the time, rather than recording the details.

Now is where I will dissapoint. Temporarily. I want to give someone a chance to corroborate my story. Patience, I have so much on this topic.

The year was 1999. I was watching a conference being televised live from Washington dc. The topic is what I would like you to tell me, if you saw what I saw. There was a man with a panel of 8-10 ppl on the stage. I was staring at the television in amazement. I literally said out loud, I will never forget this day. The day that.....

I didn't expect to see any effect immediately, but when I had heard nothing for weeks, I got curious. No record of what I saw existed. I searched and searched. I never gave up. Every few months, when bored at a PC, I would dig a bit. 10 years later, I found it. It was a Blog. The blog of an investigative journalist. Who saw what I saw. He described it all. He remembered even more than me. He wasn't in search of another witness, haha, no, he was in search of the MAN on stage. And he found him. Working as a janitor in a middle school Connecticut IIRC. He was WAY over qualified for the job. He disavowed all knowledge of the conference and the topic, and the conclusion of the journalist, who gave up his job to peruse this matter, was that there was a cover up in progress and the man had "the fear of God put into him" and been blackmailed into silence.

I applied Occams razor and filed as I said. I now think it was alternate time line, or dimension if you will.

I know there are questions. I'm willing to give it a shot.

PS. If someone wants to start a new thread on this, I am up for discussing it. I am kinda new to forums.

Yes start a new thread
sounds very interesting indeed.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I am not sure you understand Occam's Razor...

Also, your description of the Washington DC event is so vague nobody could ever guess based on the information you have given...

Do you have the name of the investigative Journalist and the Janitor?

This is why people are not inclined to share their stories. First line is disrespectful and an insult. You could find a respectful way to say that. I was convinced at the time I was not crazy, and I believed my persistence might end up like the janitor. I decided to peruse it no further. Had someone said it was stain at the time, I would have recorded it all.

The idea is to be vague, the point is not to guess, but to know.

No blood loss with any of my NDE.

I don't know if I can make a new thread. Don't know how, if you copy my first post and make one, I will join the discussion.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I fail to see how the first line was insulting. I was making a statement concerning how you perceive Occam's Razor works. I am fairly certain now matter how it was worded would have been taken poorly.

Blood loss has nothing to do with an NDE. When you have an NDE it is almost always associated with a stopped heart. The heart pumps blood to your brain...

Edit: I'm actually interested in your DC story, I just feel you need more detail. Obviously you won't end up like the supposed Janitor as the journalist you found had an article online about it.
edit on 9-1-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I fail to see how the first line was insulting. I was making a statement concerning how you perceive Occam's Razor works. I am fairly certain now matter how it was worded would have been taken poorly.

Blood loss has nothing to do with an NDE. When you have an NDE it is almost always associated with a stopped heart. The heart pumps blood to your brain...

Edit: I'm actually interested in your DC story, I just feel you need more detail. Obviously you won't end up like the supposed Janitor as the journalist you found had an article online about it.

Exactly. How I percieve. You know nothing of my perception. If you want to talk about razors go ahead. You may not take liberties with my perceptions. They are not yours. You have a complete disrespect for others perceptions and experience.

Maybe the razors inclusion was bait for you, I am a sinner. I am not going to tell you your perceptions are wrong, I am respectful of your beliefs. They are your perceptions they can not be wrong, but they can be ignorant and disrespectful.

The blood loss was directed at skunk works question. Again you make assumptions. My heart didn't stop. It was instantaneous. Perhaps a subject for discussion at some point, but a very personal and spiritual subject for me, of which, incidentally, I have interesting physical evidence.

I am not a test tube or beaker in your lab. We call this sharing for a reason.

PS If you knew the circumstances of the event, you may well agree my application of Occam was apt.
edit on 9-1-2015 by ISawItFirst because: Added Post Script

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If your heart didn't stop how did you have and NDE? Did you just have a hallucination? What was the circumstances surrounding your NDE? Ultimately this seems like an interesting discussion that is off topic and deserves it's own thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

If your heart didn't stop how did you have and NDE? Did you just have a hallucination? What was the circumstances surrounding your NDE? Ultimately this seems like an interesting discussion that is off topic and deserves it's own thread.

Yes it would be, but I'm not here for that. Well, maybe I am, but I haven't decided that I am comfortable sharing all of that with everyone here.

There are other types of NDE. For example (not the above discussed example) I had an often recurring and terrifying dream of my death as a child. The dream wasn't terrifying, although I was shot 3 times in the chest, it felt relieving and liberating. It was the same every time, and I always awoke terrified immediately after. I was convinced from a young age that I was aware of my own death. There was some significance to the number 38 in the dream. Now I do not know. Perhaps alternate reality, but I actually think it is the residual memory of a previous death. I think that can qualify as an NDE. I experienced that death every time I had that dream.

Would someone unloading a pistol at close range and missing qualify? Scenes from Pulp Fiction spring to mind. Has God every changed your Coke to Pepsi or found your car keys? I have stared into the abyss, there is something looking back and part of it is you.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I would go for residual memory of a previous death, I've had similar dreams and came to similar conclusions.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Cool story bro

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join