It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AblyEnergy
I recently discovered that 'wierd' is actually spelt 'weird'. I felt crushed. My entire life, I've been misspelling this. Yet I am a terrific writer, and I can't accept I was subject to a very unfortunate moment in life I picked up the spelling as 'wierd' & had to wait until my early adulthood to discover I was wrong, so I'm going with a parallel universe switch too.

Hmm, I wonder if that's because your school taught you the rule "I before E, except after C" and then forgot to tell you about the special cases like "weird", anyhow, glad you have figured it out, nothing's going to hold you back now!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What a great thred! Very, very interesting.

Here's one for the Aussie's on here born in the late 80s/ 90s.... Is it Happy or Healthy Harold???

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I propose that there are many, many more inconsistencies with our 'timeline'. I not only agree that '-stain' used to be '-stein', but I've noticed something else, personally, that I know is different now than in the past: My late mother had crafted a swan out of porcelain for my grandmother; she crafted the swan when I was a child. I have always held on to that swan, as a memory of my mother... it is the one possession that I have always kept with me, through all of my relocations. About a year and half ago, as I was unpacking the swan from another move, and cleaning and reminiscing with it as I always do, I noticed that the inscription on the bottom of it was different. I was taken aback... nearly frightened, in fact. My whole life, I read my mother's inscription as "To Mary Lou, I love You" "From: Olivia Camp". Now it reads, "To The Camp Family".

When I noticed the changed I immediately called my Aunt, my brother, and my dad, all of whom remember it as the latter. I thought that I was going to have a nervous breakdown! Suffice it to say that I try not to think about it anymore, as the spiral into insanity tugs at me with every second of attention that I give it. I am so grateful that other instances of these "changes" are occurring and being talked about; I presume that this is just a small part of the larger 'mass awakening' that people have been talking about for a long time... I hope so, at least.
edit on 11-11-2014 by apokalupsis33vital because: text corrections

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I more visually remember it berenstein ...

I've showed dozens of people a picture of the bears with the name and all have said it's spelled wrong!!
One guy even was going a bit crazy and has been obsessed with this for days now.
lol

I just wanted to stop in and support "steiners"
and to say...
move over and make some room universe A.

I have a solution though temporary...

" berenstÆin" " berenstæin" IT is for now on.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sippy Cup

This seems to be the most amicable solution.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
a reply to: thisguy27

I know I'm coming in pretty late in the game here, but I just want to say that I stopped reading right here. This guy hit the nail on the head. Thanks for the closure, brother.

edit on E1124581110America/ChicagoWed, 12 Nov 2014 22:58:24 -060023 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: apokalupsis33vital

I too had a very personal object become altered through some means.

I had a dream where I met other people who thought it was stein not stain.

We all had near death experiences when we were younger.

We finally figured out that we had died in those experiences but had woken up so to say in another universe where we weren't dead only, small things had changed. Little details here and there that wouldn't be noticed individually but collectively it showed that we remembered two simultaneous realities. And the powers that govern us knew about this and tried to silence us everywhere we went trying to show these little details.

So that no one could remember the original universe from where they were from. Because people from another universe couldn't be brainwashed or manipulated into believing things that didn't come from our own egos. Like the lies being spoonfed to the masses today. And the people that remembered stein were only born between 1978 and 1998, anyone born before or after that would not have the ability to remember stein because they weren't in that universe. In this universe it's always been stain.

I'm starting to think more and more that it wasn't a dream I had but an OBE

I will start a thread to see just how wrong or right I am

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I never watched the show but I recall the name as Berenstein. I just called my wife at work and she distinctly remembers Berenstein. I just now, called downstairs to my 21 y/o daughter and she said the same, with an "e".....I've had my own "shift" as well, concerning a newspaper article that covered a UFO that I saw in 1981. I know that timelines shift. It's a weird (non)reality that we live in.a reply to: thisguy27

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hm I always remembered it as "-stein", maybe because that's just the way I've always pronounced it? The memory is a tricky thing

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Hi! I'm new here but I've read this entire thread...and I really feel compelled to add some of my thoughts into the mix.

I'm an 80's kid and know without a doubt in my mind it was BerenstEin! I came across this whole craziness with the name switch last week and I have been absolutely consumed with it. I have asked my peers, my parents, and other people that would've been adults in the 80s. I first show them a picture of the bears without the title in the picture and they all say it "steen". Then I asked them to spell it and sure enough they spell it with an E.

Here are some things to think about...(I will upload my pictures of my personal books from the 80s if I can):

The title has been printed using two different fonts, cursive and block. The A is distinctly different between the two fonts and in my opinion neither one could be confused with the letter E (regardless of whether you are an adult or a child). That is pretty much my rebuttal to anyone that will say your mind will just automatically assume it is spelled "stein" because "we are so accustomed to seeing that on the end of names".

Has anyone attempted to call libraries or bookstores and test the person on the phone just to see what they would say?

What about the authors' families? Don't they have any extended family like cousins or siblings or even grandkids?

I just don't know where to even go from here. My brain is mush lol.

edit on 27-12-2014 by Hattish1 because: Added picture

edit on 27-12-2014 by Hattish1 because: Fixed grammatical errors

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
ok am from SCOTLAND AND NEVER HEARD OF THEASE bears
But perhaps something ocoured after the death of the Authours.
COULD have been a wrangle over the estate /MONEY!

The original publishing deal was thrashed out between publishing company studio
LUMP Sum paid for rights of image an written prose.
WITH AN ANUALL Amount to be paid to surviveing members of threre Family on the premice that they held onto the copyright title of the charecters .

Then some suits desided to renage on the continued payments
So they re wrote history slightly altered the name .
THUS MAKEING THE ORIGINAL AGREEMENT NULL AN VOID AS THEY WERE BO longr LIABLE AS THEY WERE USEING A DIFFERING TITLE.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Jumping in to say that I didn't agree with the OP from the get-go. I specifically remember having the worst time saying "Berenstain" when I was a kid because I always wanted to say "BerentEin" instead. It was hard to get my brain to say the "a" when I kept thinking it was "e" despite knowing it wasn't.

I think everyone just remembers the E because that's how our brains always processed it as kids.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Not everyone was a child that remembers the different pronunciation and spelling.

As rational a thought that may be, it just doesn't work for this situation. There were the teachers, parents, grandparents...etc.
a reply to: nunya13

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Hattish1

Teachers and parents suffer from the same auto correct mechanics the brain offers them.

Ultimately it comes down to how you pronounced it.
edit on 29-12-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted in the thread yet, but this is known as the "Mandela Effect"

Give it a quick google search and you'll find a wealth of information on these "reality glitches"

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Everyone I've asked has pronounced it "steen". I only show them the Bears first. Really trying to wrap my head around this but it's just so mind boggling.

I'm not sure if we'll ever find out what has caused this, but it sure is thought provoking if nothing else.

What I keep thinking about is the argument that the "E" universe people are just making the a into an e subconsciously. That shouldn't be the case when there are books that have font variations. Wouldn't we at some point have said..."hmm that's not right, I think it should be pronounced 'stain'.."??

Lol I'm now on a quest, and not afraid to ask strangers about this anomaly!!
edit on 29-12-2014 by Hattish1 because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I've asked plenty of strangers. Several of my experiments are laid out in this thread.

How do you explain people who are young (below 20) both spelling and saying the name wrong when looking directly at the book?

The only people I've had get it right 100% of the time are non-native, non-English speakers.

People who have not been exposed to the books before almost always say and spell it correctly when first being introduced to it. Typically non-Americans.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Just curious...

For the BerenstEin crew, is your blood type O negative by any chance?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I am STAIN, I am o-

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Go on your favorite web sites and ask this question to see why this thread was created.

It isn't as simple as, "We were stupid kids and didn't know the right pronunciation, duhhh"

How is it that dozens of people think it was Bearenstein?
Wouldn't at least one teacher have corrected them in class? It's a pretty glaring grammatical error and I'm sure a teacher would have corrected them.

Makes you wonder about what else we could be wrong about.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join