It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

\
If people have such a little grasp on reality, I seriously worry.

Be worried. Be very worried. Such does seem to be the case. Either many others have defective memories, or the physical manifestation of the Universe that we experience through our limited senses is malleable.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

We don't seem to have a problem with the rest of our reality. We are telling you what we remember, not what we think we remember. If I thought well maybe I was wrong, I'd just say so. Why would we go on and on for over 60 pages?????

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

\

Be worried. Be very worried. Such does seem to be the case. Either many others have defective memories, or the physical manifestation of the Universe that we experience through our limited senses is malleable.

We admit if we are unsure about certain memories. This however is a memory we are sure of. There is no doubt. It's like someone telling you The Lord Of The Rings was The Lad Of The Kings. Do you know how strange that sounds and how unbelievable???? That is how we feel. And the fact that reality is now telling us different is just so mind blowing, we can't let it go. So if one day your grandkids or great grandchildren show you the lord of the rings and it's really the lad of the kings...remember this thread!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

what I don't understand is how people can make up ludicrous explanations to account for poor memory..

Whatcha doing in this thread with us crazies, huh?

I love ludicrous explanations, except here we call 'em theories. The Greeks had myths. They made up stories to explain things that...they couldn't explain.
"The world...she is flat like a pancake!" "No! She is round...like a meatball!" Insanity!!

Do you have all the answers? If so, please explain everything for us. I would like to start with how humans began. Do you know for sure...cuz all I can find are stories and theories.

I had a good grasp on reality once. Then I started to educate myself, and found out that really...I knew nothing.
You should seriously worry. One day, something is going to rock your world and shake your foundation...make you question everything you think you know.

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We admit if we are unsure about certain memories. This however is a memory we are sure of. There is no doubt.

I think that is part of the problem here. Having no doubt is a fatal flaw.

It means you think your memory is infallible and you can not possibly be wrong.

Admitting that you could be wrong is a sign of wisdom.

Stubbornly persisting and insisting that you have "no doubt" is a sign of ignorance.

At the very least be open minded to the possibility that you could be wrong.

edit on 23-7-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67 At the same time we need to all be open to the possibility that everyone is right. It would be something to be in a place where all thoughts and theories come into being if givin enough thought and will. Imagine the type of debates that that would cause. People would have 100% knowledge of their truth and then run into someone else that is just as much right in their truth but their belief counters or seems to negate the other. A place where truth is subjective but still manifest as fact due to orgins.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: MagicWand67
At the same time we need to all be open to the possibility that everyone is right.
It would be something to be in a place where all thoughts and theories come into being if givin enough thought and will. Imagine the type of debates that that would cause.
People would have 100% knowledge of their truth and then run into someone else that is just as much right in their truth but their belief counters or seems to negate the other.
A place where truth is subjective but still manifest as fact due to orgins.

Hey deadeyedick!
I hope you don't mind, but in the quote above, I used some different spacing.
I like a lot of what you have to say, but what you're saying is pretty deep.
It's easier to read (and absorb) when you break it down, I find.

A full paragraph of deep thought is a little difficult to get through, and I think that may be why you're not getting much feedback...?
I hope this isn't taken wrong...I would just like what you're saying to perhaps be discussed a little further...?

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

At the same time we need to all be open to the possibility that everyone is right.

I don't agree. Everyone can not be right. Let's take a look at your last post and analyze it a bit shall we?

Originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: jacygirl

Could our universe be so vast that the controllers are able to find another earth that has evolved so closely that one group of people and places could be switched. If you look at it from the perspective of it being a result of a video game that is billions of yrs advanced as ours and earth is just a base model for a planet and has been copied many times and they are able to paste different players in and out then it starts to become possible for these things to happen but still have the intent of the game in mind for all.

For this to be true it would require everything and everyone to be identical in both worlds.

Your family, your mother, your father and you would have to have exact doubles. With the exact same experiences and memories.

What happened to your double when you were "switched". Why would the only difference be the spelling of a single letter in a kids book?

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying it's HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

What would be the purpose of the "controllers" switching people?

Any answer is just speculation with zero evidence to support it.

It would be something to be in a place where all thoughts and theories come into being if givin enough thought and will.

Sounds a bit like hocus pocus to me.

Sim sim sala bim open seasame.

Imagine the type of debates that that would cause. People would have 100% knowledge of their truth and then run into someone else that is just as much right in their truth but their belief counters or seems to negate the other.

Key word here is imagine. I have no problem with using imagination to explore possibilities. I do not claim to know the truth. When speaking about beliefs then yes both people can be right about abstract concepts. Because there is no way to prove or disprove some things.

A place where truth is subjective but still manifest as fact due to orgins.

I'm open to the possibility that that place might exist somewhere. Just not here on Earth.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67

We admit if we are unsure about certain memories. This however is a memory we are sure of. There is no doubt.

I think that is part of the problem here. Having no doubt is a fatal flaw.

It means you think your memory is infallible and you can not possibly be wrong.

Admitting that you could be wrong is a sign of wisdom.

Stubbornly persisting and insisting that you have "no doubt" is a sign of ignorance.

At the very least be open minded to the possibility that you could be wrong.

I am not perfect and I always admit if I am not sure about a memory. For weeks I have been asking different people and their memories are all the same ...steiner. Not one single stainer. I remember clearly it being steiner. Why so many of us remember so clearly that it is steiner, and the proof is with stainer continues to boggle our minds.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Why so many of us remember so clearly that it is steiner

In my opinion the answer is quite simple.

It's a common mistake that has been repeated from generation to generation.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Your analogy of LotR is not applicable at all...you've clearly not read one single thing that goes contrary to your line of thought.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
That's the thing about the stein crowd. They refuse to answer the questions:

Why do people looking at the book spell it wrong?
Why do people posting ads on the internet spell it wrong?
Why do people who've never seen the book before spell it wrong? Even when looking at it?

The reason they refuse to answer those questions is because they are addressed in the scientific explanations posted in this thread.

They ALL share the same personality trait of "I always admit when I'm wrong but I'm not wrong!".

a reply to: mwood

Edit: The youngest Steiner I found was 9. I guarantee you 10 years from now there will be other 9 year old Steiners...

edit on 24-7-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

They ALL share the same personality trait of "I always admit when I'm wrong but I'm not wrong!".

Not wrong THIS time. I know how bizarre this is to some of you and cannot blame any one of you for thinking we are ignorant or whatever, but we are not going to admit what doesn't at all feel right to us just to make you feel better. Insults won't change a thing. I doubt any one of us could explain to you in a satisfactory manner how we feel. You have your proof of stainer, be happy.

Any steiner person I have spoken with, and there have been many, look at me like I'm insane for saying it is stainer. I tell them to just look it up. One person I know is very particular about proper spelling and it drives her insane when people make mistakes. LOL She too is a steiner.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going. Amazing.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've already shown how there is a minimum 70% failure rate for spelling the name when looking at a book. These are people who at minimum hold a bachelors. Sticking to the mind set that someone is a particular speller means they weren't tricked by their brains autofill is simply refusing to accept you fall into the vast majority of people who autofill words subconsciously. This does not reflect ones level of intellect or memory capacity. You are just remembering it how your brain saw it.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Like reux instead of ruex?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: raymundoko

Like reux instead of ruex?

My ears... They are burning...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Didn't you see? I'll link 'em in order

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just a little example of how this works. If enough people were behind her to support the belief that your name used to be spelled that way then that would become another 'universal timeline merge'.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I think at one point in time in Universe A

a Kangaroo must have mated with very small Tyrannosaurus Rex

and the result was a Kangareux.

Then Kangaruex made the dimesional shift and was switched from Universe E.

edit on 25-7-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just to add to the survey. I (age 28) remember it as Berenstein from both books, and the cartoon. Also I remember teachers pronouncing it that way. I asked a few friends online. One female friend (age 24) and raised in a different part of the country recalls it as Berenstein. Then one other friend who is 39 recalled it as written Berenstein, but said he thought he remembered them pronouncing it as stain themselves on the cartoon which would have to be verified through the cartoon.

I remember the cartoon being one of those not really animated, narrated cartoons. I could be wrong, but I don't remember it having much movement.

Nothing about the A looks right. Could it be that all teachers read it wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join