It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:20 AM
a reply to: jacygirl

I got all of them right too.
I like these optical illusions.I show them to my students sometimes... makes them think .

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:28 AM
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Hey Rainbow!
I'm going out this afternoon, and will be hitting some second hand stores in a nearby 'bigger' city.
Guess what I will be searching for? lol

Proof of stein.
No doubt I shall return rather forlorn, disappointed and never know!
Will report my findings (or lack thereof) later.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:04 AM
I find it hard to believe you got every single one...

I get it, your trying to say you don't get fooled by optical illusions...but a 100% success rate on those having never seen them before? The human brain does NOT process the word of. The only reason I counted it right is because I've seen it before.

Did you catch the words missing letters in the last one?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice…Shame on me. I admit being mistaken about facts I thought I knew and have been reading history and major events news articles to make sure I am up to speed. Trivia used to be something I enjoyed.

When I first started noticing “things have changed” I grabbed my logical shaving cream and my trusty Occam’s razor and looked into my issues by going to doctors and researching.

While debunking my own issues for the most part, I discovered more and more things I searched was being discussed by other people having the EXACT same “False Memories” I have.

I had kept this to myself, other than some discussions with doctors and my wife. I continued to read and found more and more people discussing this. If you web search “Berenstein Bears / Berenstain Bears” together you will find unrealistic amounts forums with threads about this. Not just the fringe, conspiracy, or sites you’d expect. Even a body builder site has threads about it.

I did not notice the bears myself until I was searching the net for this type of subject matter, remembered it as Stein(had no reason to look for the books and I seldom watch any cartoons).

I do not see a point in having two sides to this. Stein and Stain universes seem pointless. There is a vastly widespread population that remembers Stein. Logically, instead of taking sides, shouldn’t we all be asking why and looking for better answers? A mundane, simple explanation would be wonderful.
(Since there has to be different sides, count me a team Stein member.)

What is the trick or cause? I have seen some amazing magic tricks over the years, still they are tricks. Trying to find the common links to people that have these memories is difficult, the brave people that step up and admit they have the false memories do not usually add many other details for the trolls to feed on. I do not blame them. Hard to hold a civil conversation about anything on the internet. It’s the only option I can find at this time…

Again, if it was just the Bears it would be easy enough for me to accept. So many people from all over remember other things wrong. What is the reason for so many people from all over having the same “False Memories”?

The simplest explanation is not so simple. Would be easily explained if people’s faulty memories were all different misconceptions.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:09 PM
Back when I first started to notice “things were different,” there were several issues I had no reason to notice until they were pointed out by other people’s information.

After finding the Mandela Effect web site I read over the articles and some I remembered, some I did not. The Star Trek’s Chakotay story line they mention made me stop and think for a while.

I am not a Trekkie/Trekker, but I did watch that series when it was new. At the time I had a TV antenna that picked up five network stations (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS) and no DVR. I never bothered to use the VCR to record the series because it wasn’t that big of a deal to me at the time. I watched it because it was just better than the other options at the time.

Soon after I got a Primestar satellite then got switched to Direct TV after a Corporate merger. Later I switched to Dish network and got a DVR. Soon after, a network started rerunning the Voyager series and I set the DVR to grab them because I felt like I had missed something. It had been a few years since I had seen it and I watched the episodes in order and it flowed well.

While reading the article linked above, I was remembering being curious as to why Chakotay died then returned later with no real explanation when I first watched the series. Remembering that was the reason I gave the series a second watch I was glad that someone else pointed it out, but something else came to mind, while I was watching the show originally a friend that worked at a Walmart had brought me a box of books that were meant to be thrown away with the front covers removed.

Five of the books were Star Trek Voyager, and I actually read those when I was between good books. The plots in those stepped on the series in a bad way, so I was thinking that must be where my confusion came from. According to the article there was no books with that plotline. So, went into the attic and got a box of old books and found the Voyager books I had and gave all five a reread.

No mention of Chakotay the way I remembered the episode.

I have watched all the Star Wars movies but can not say for sure if the missing scene was there or not, though I have found many people discussing it.

edit on 11-7-2014 by Speculation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:38 PM
My post tend to be very long winded, the short and simple reason for my post is to point out that there is more than just Stein and Stain. Usually I stumble on my false memories by accident, when someone corrects me on something, read something I have to fact check, watch TV or movies,….

Being wrong about something is OK with me. New information I missed used to be the reason. Still looking for other people to mention things not from other list found on the net. Maybe there are no more, hard to believe though.

Having noticed a few things not mentioned on the net myself and checking random people’s answers has me thinking there is more.

Would be nice to determine a commonality among people that remember the Steins, since it is the most talked about. The Bears are something very widespread, because it was a common reading list book series mandatory in many schools.

IF,…. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia) series became: The Tiger the Witch and the Wardrobe I have to wonder if the Stain side would take notice. Though I am a Christian by birth, my great grandmother was Jewish.

Just looking for connections.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:29 PM
After discovering it wasn’t just me having this issue and reading everything I can find anywhere it can be found, this whole subject became something much like that old Miller Lite beer commercial, “Less filling” with an opposing group’s reply of “Taste great”.

The humor of it being, both are supposedly right. Same with Stain or Stein. People have different points of view and look at things differently.

All the facts say Berenstain, no physical proof to the contrary. Still something is wrong.

It also seems to me there has to be more people looking into this wanting to find more than Stain/Stein debates.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:16 PM
a reply to: Speculation

Hey Spec, (may I call you Spec?)

I just got home...hit some 2nd hand stores. Found a few books.
All said 'stain'.
I bought a long black skirt, to wear in mourning of my lost universe, lol.
I would have bought ruby slippers, to click together while repeating "There's no place like home...".

What's the point of this post?
I have a feeling that I will find no proof. Zero.

So why can't we let this go? Why? It's ridiculous really.
I have never been like this over a memory before. If I'm wrong...whatever.
But this? Well, you know.

I'm sick of being argued with, and I refuse to argue any further.
This is not about 'right or wrong' to's about 'what is going on?'.
Strange days indeed.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:38 PM

I feel the exact same way. I considered after a few of my post to add "I'm done". I took a break for a while and tried to let it all go a while back, I just can't. In the "Something has changed" thread I had left a post with two things that bothered me a while back and gave up on waiting for replies. Left this site not planning to return.

When I started searching again I found that people had replied about the Lindbergh baby and my conviction was renewed. I decided to go for broke and see if any new progress could be made.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:49 PM

I think a few of us take breaks from this topic, because it's so infernally frustrating.

It's also hard to keep discussing it, without making any headway.
I'm sure we look like a bunch of bone-heads to a few people here, lol.

We don't seem to know where to go with this, without just making up theories.
But it doesn't feel right.
It's gnawing at me. Something is off.

The whole 'dead celebrities' isn't any help, so what other anomalies have we found?
How do we keep talking about this without repeating ourselves over and over?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:57 PM
Did you see my post about a PBS? My Mom said she remembers them pronouncing it stein and that it may even been spelled wrong on the screen. I've been trying to find it.

Also, you said:

This is not about 'right or wrong' to's about 'what is going on?'.

How come none of the scientific explanations that seem to explain what is going on are good enough? It doesn't make anyone less smart to have had your mind play a trick on you.

Have you considered the law of attraction? If you put an idea out there in the universe it will manifest? What if enough people put the wrong spelling out there in the universe and it started getting imprinted?
edit on 12-7-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:10 AM
a reply to: raymundoko

The scientific explanations aren't good enough because scientists are not always right and...we know, not think, but know what we saw and remember. Sorry, I can't help it, I just can't. We also know that the proof is with stain and are trying to figure out why. A reason we can accept. I just cannot accept that what I saw and remember is anything but what it was...stein.

I know we are driving each other crazy in here and I apologize but this is mind blowing stuff!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:43 AM

edit on 12-7-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:11 AM
My oldest son used to come to me with questions, half baked ideas and facts about random things. He used to go away disappointed most of the time when I would point out the flaws in his plans or logic. Though I noticed “something changed” in 2005 for sure, he started proving me wrong on a few facts around 2008 and enjoyed the fact that I would run it through Google after a conversation like he used to do.

It did not annoy me to be proven wrong, it did annoy me that the information I was basing advice to my son was bogus. (Annoyed with myself for being so sure about something so wrong)

Life experience is what we impart to our children, if you actually care about them. What we do in the future is based on what we know from the past. When historical events and common knowledge details change, even slightly, the easy answers provided from all the” faulty memory and why it happens” books and links do not cover it when people have the exact same false memories from all over not only the U.S.A….Other countries with different education systems have people with these same exact memories.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:43 AM
You keep describing an aging memory.

You know, memory is the first to go...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:50 AM
Scientist's aren't always right, but you are. Got it.

a reply to: Night Star

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM

You make a solid point. I would use the common sense answers and let this go if I didn't find so many people posting on forums, as well as people I know in person, all over saying the same things I remembered wrong.

I had no contact with these people, prior to finding the threads when I started looking into this. Universal consciousness? Or some of the other theories people are bouncing around?

I did not learn history from a Disney movie and believe Hera was the mother of Hercules. Used to laugh at how stupid most people can be about things like Ben Franklin being a president. At least I could understand why they were confused, these things had a completely logical explanation. Money = dead presidents, Ben Franklin on the one hundred dollar bill mixed with a failing education system.

Logically, there must be a common link to why so many people have the same misconceptions. If we all watched the same movies or TV series? Do all Steiners smoke?

NDE comes up so much even in threads that do not know they are discussing the same issue.

Forgive me if I am looking for a few more pieces to the puzzle before I sign off on any one theory.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
There are two theories I have come to believe.

1. There has been a glitch in the matrix.

2. 80% of us can't read very well.
edit on 12-7-2014 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:00 PM
I did not really expect to find any new information by posting. Mostly I just wanted to shake the tree one last time.

The answer is: There are no answers.

I'm done looking into this. Peace.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
It has probaly been mentioned but what side of australlia is new zealand on? Just give first answer that comes to mind.

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>