It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Speculation

I remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison.
Larry Hagman...heard of his death twice. Also Abe Vigoda.
Funny, but I'm not vehement about all of these. I could have been misinformed, and I'm ok with that.

I saw a movie, "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" with Debbie Reynolds, when I was a kid. A few years ago, I saw it on tv, and when I put it on...it wasn't the same movie at all. That confused me, and I found it bizarre...even googled around a bit looking for information.

I've sung songs that I don't ever remember hearing, or...before they were released...and chalked it up to 'must have been playing quietly at some time, and my brain remembered it'.

Just a couple of examples, where I have no problem admitting that most likely, I am just remembering wrong.
Berenstein Bears though...that's like me finding out my name is written everywhere as "jaci" and it never was "jacy".

The people who all read "Berenstain" and spelled "Berenstein"? I have no clue. Seriously...why didn't they just read the damn name on the book? No answers there. Stain stands out as it's a single word on it's own. It's pretty easy to see.

New theory: Berenstein is a trigger. It's been planted to start these discussions on purpose. We are supposed to now say it over and over, and keep talking about it because the very vibration of the name Berenstein is setting off tumultuous and negative waves into the ionosphere. We are being used...for nefarious and secret reasons.
Okay, I just made that up.
Anybody else got any ideas?

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Speculation

Actually since you partially quoted my post it seems that's all you read.
I quoted the part I was addressing. But hell, why stop where you just did? Why not include this?

OK, my mistake or Hollywood pulled a fast one, does not matter really.

So yeah, a little confusing.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Usually I look to see if a song or a movie is a remake, sometimes I have read the books before a movie is even in production. I can eliminate most oddities this way. Still leaves a few.

It seems to me I have seen a couple different Unsinkable Molly Brown movies in the past, would have to find copies and give them a watch. Might be hard to do these days, Redbox has put all the Video stores out of business in my area and my internet bandwidth limits keep me off Netflix.

As for the trigger words...your guess is as good as any. Having read the hard dry facts that I can find does not answer much.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Came across this.

www.abebooks.com...

The book says Berenstein Bears And The Blame game. By- Stan and Jan Berenstain. Offered by various booksellers.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Here's the book cover

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Another one with The Berenstein Bears.

www.abebooks.com...

and another...

www.abebooks.com...

Please note they use stock images.

Another one...
www.abebooks.com...

and..www.abebooks.com... 13

Ok, there may be more. I find it strange that some books will say The Berenstein Bears with the authors names as Berenstain and some books with Berenstain Bears and the authors as Berenstein.

Strange.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67

Here's the book cover

Says it is a stock image. I wonder if there are any with the actual picture of the bears and the stein name.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

All those say Berenstain...the only place it says Berenstein is in the description...we already determined that is due to spell checkers most likely.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

No, that is a filler image used when they don't have a stock cover photo. They (whoever manages the site) take a book image and TYPE into it manually.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

That is all you have to explain why they see it as Stein even though they are looking at it?

Earlier I posted scientific studies about how our minds auto correct words for us and we think we see them one way, but we see it wrong.

I was then able to actually reproduce that effect in 2/3 of the people who were looking at the book cover. (Those who had never seen the book before that is)

Those who HAD seen the book before were 90% wrong. They either thought it was Bernstein or Berenstein. They were all shocked when I pointed to the A.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that since studies have shown how this happens, and it is able to be repeated with experiments that this probably happened with most people who looked at this book, no matter how often?

This has nothing to do with how goods someone's memory is or how good of a reader they are. I was showing this book to engineers and they were getting it wrong.

Again, the only people I actually had get the title right on first look were 3 non English speakers. The name Berenstein just makes no sense. People can read without looking at every letter, and this seems to be one of those cases where it generally happens with the name on this book.

I think the reason nobody will actually answer my question is because it means they would potentially have to admit there is some scientific explanation for how they are mistaken. It seems most of the ones who are adamant about remembering it correctly are the ones who take the most offense at someone pointing out they could have been mistaken all this time.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, IMHO, this is solid proof of time travel. Someone went back and screwed with the continuum and now we are all confused!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

It seems most of the ones who are adamant about remembering it correctly are the ones who take the most offense at someone pointing out they could have been mistaken all this time.

Because we are not mistaken.

Think of something you know as a fact and someone telling you no, you're wrong. That is what it is like for us. It's like us telling you there is no president, there never was a president. That is how weird and bizarre this is for us.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
Well, IMHO, this is solid proof of time travel. Someone went back and screwed with the continuum and now we are all confused!

Hahahaha! Confused and frustrated and weirded out.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If I thought something was fact and I was shown it was wrong, then I was wrong. Just because I thought I was right doesn't mean I was right.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
If I thought something was fact and I was shown it was wrong, then I was wrong. Just because I thought I was right doesn't mean I was right.

Well normally yes but...this...this is too weird. If I were wrong about something and someone proved me wrong I would admit to it, but this...I can't. I don't know how to explain it. I know the stainers have proof. I do, but...I have to stick with what I clearly remember. And why are there so many of us steiners????
edit on 11-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
People keep asking why there are so many, but a scientific explanation as well as a real world test was done to show that 70%+ of people looking directly at the book both say and spell it wrong....

My own brother and sisters are in this group. My brother is a Mensa member and considered a genius. It is 100% the fault of pronunciation.

My mom said Berenstyne, my sisters spell it Berenstein. I read it to my brother and pronounced it Bernsteen, he spells it Bernstein. This was quite a hilarious conversation when all if us were together a couple weekends ago. My mother remembered it as Berenstain, however she pronounced it styne. She said she got the pronunciation from PBS and she said it may have even been misspelled on shows...I forgot to bring that up here.

Does anyone have access to old PBS shows that discussed books for kids? Maybe it was misspelled on a TV show?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Hi yeahright!
I just opened that link....and guess what??

Lol...I got every single one of them. Including the 6 'f's'.

Can't prove it, but I usually do well with these things.
Thanks, that was fun.

jacy-stein

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I see what you did there!

I'm not as think as you crazy I am!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr

I see what you did there!

I'm not as think as you crazy I am!

Or as Joe Walsh said, "The smoker you drink, the player you get".

jacy

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join