It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

What I find strange, is the fact that we are all so adamant about this one spelling.

We can admit that many other memories could in fact be wrong, but this one in particular stands out.

Personally, I'm willing to admit that my perception of reality is likely just as small as the ant in an ant farm.
I'm a little speck, looking up...and around...and wondering, "WTF?"
Do ants wonder? See....one more thing I don't know.

My newly adopted cat chases, pounces on and jumps at things I can't see. Trust me, I've checked.
What can she see that I can't? When I ask her, she winks at me.
She is rather smug about the whole deal.

Apologies...I'm forcing myself to use humour through this rather prolonged existential crisis I'm having.

jacy-stein

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's time to expand, this site actually has more info than most about this subject. Having searched most everything I can think of that could be connected to False Memories, Mandela effect, Time Slips, Alternate Universes, Glitches in the Matrix..... It seems to me that people that remember "Stein" are probably noticing other "facts" wrong about things they used to be sure about.

I do not like feeding the trolls anymore than most people... But I have been posting things I have not seen listed anywhere to see how deep this actually goes. Major events, well documented history, or other wide spread subject matter that seems off in some way is probably the best to share. That way we can all jump on our internet searches to see if the facts match up.

At this time I do not believe there is anyway to prove anything. Whatever gets posted(if anything), make up your own mind, search it. For those that do not have the "False Memory" issue, please be respectful. Never know, someone may add something that makes you have the "WTF is going on?" reaction.

At this time I shall yield the thread to see what happens.
edit on 10-7-2014 by Speculation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
alright so i asked multiple people i know about those. all of whom were around my age range (30) or who read the books when they were in school. in every case i asked the question in a way not giving away the actual spelling of the bears. i would say something like.

Me: "hey, do you remember those children's books about that family of bears, it was called beren-something? They also had a tv show?"

Everyone else: "Oh yeah, the Berenstein Bears or something right?"

Me: "And you would spell that "B-e-r-e-n-s-t-e-i-n or B-e-r-e-n-s-t-a-i-n I forget?"

Every single person I asked said stEin. And when I suggested it was really stAin, they would adamantly say it was stEin.

Lastly, I asked my mother whose a school teacher. She would read me the books and take me to the library all the time to take them out. And believe me, when I even suggested that the books/author name was spelled stAin, she was like "NOOOOOOOO". A firm as hell NO WAY. Followed by "just go look in the attic, we probably still have some up there".

I couldn't begin to explain to her WTF is going on. lol. But, my mothers reaction just reinforced my belief it USED to be STEIN. So I pulled up a clip on youtube of the old animated show to listen to the intro to see how the name is pronounced. And even in the song for the show it's pronouced stEin. stAin isn't even a god damned name, it makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Speculation

Then someone I know in the real world, that died, I went to their funeral …showed back up like nothing ever happened.

Now THAT would really freak me out!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Does anyone under 30 remember it as stein or stain???

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Are you saying I don't believe there is a possibility? I've already discussed that I believed it was a possibility, but the very theory you based your idea on concludes it would result in the destruction of both universes...

You keep trying to act like I am close minded, when that is the farthest thing from the truth. You want to tell yourself that to make it seem like you have a better perspective, a more open minded one. In reality you would rather invent fantasy rather than admit there is any chance y'all could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

And on your death bed would you admit you could have been mistaken this entire time? It's already pretty well documented "stein" never existed, even as a misprint.

See, the difference between you and I is: If I show you proof, you make up fantasy to explain it away. If you were to show me proof, I would accept it.

I will ask the question again, because it keeps being ignored by the "stein" group.

How do you explain people who've never seen the book and pronounce it BerentSTEIN even when looking directly at the book?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Again, you don't understand. The friend who is always right is usually never right.

If you have a friend who actually is right all the time, that is usually your smart friend...

In this case you've been shown all the physical evidence, and would rather go down a rabbit hole that leads nowhere to delay forever having to accept your memory played a trick on you.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Yes, and when discussing a conspiracy, how far would it get with absolutely zero proof? I get it, this is in the grey area so no proof is required. But you do realize this whole thread is based off of a joke right? The guy didn't want to admit he had been wrong his whole life so he invented a made up scientific explanation to make himself correct. He later had to clarify in another post that it was all a joke...yet that has been wholly ignored.

Again How do you explain people who pronounce it Stein even when looking directly at the book, whether they have seen it before or not.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I have linked several papers that explain how our memories change and how we have false memories. Even thinking about a past memory with the wrong context in mind can alter the memory.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Tank boy was a perfect false memory for almost everyone. I thought he died too, although I can't actually remember ever seeing him get run over. The Media wanted it to be portrayed as a martyr situation though, so our minds completed it as such. I didn't find out he was alive until I was in college.

Edit, I also don't remember Mandela dying in prison, however my brother does...he is a steiner although he readily accepted that he had just been mistaken all those years with a "huh, crazy".
edit on 10-7-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

You were asking leading questions though, and probably pronouncing it "right".

I feel my approach by actually having the book yielded the best results.

I got up to 33 people polled before I stopped

7 had never heard of the book ever. All but 3 of those spelled and pronounced it wrong even when looking DIRECTLY AT THE BOOK.

Why is that?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So again:

How do you explain people who've never seen the book and pronounce and spell it BerentSTEIN even when looking directly at the book?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Does anyone under 30 remember it as stein or stain???

Hello NightStar,

That's a good question.
I'd be interested to know too how some people born in the 90s remember it as...stein/stain?
(I'm 34.)

Regards,
Rainbow Residuestein

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

My Nephew is 17. He remembers Berenstein...because my sister can't read or spell apparently. He was shocked to see the book when I pulled it out for him a couple weekends ago. She swore up and down it was Berenstein as well.

It appears my mother pronouncing it "right" even though she knew it was spelled wrong (My mother remembers Stain) threw off all my brothers and sisters, who are all steiners. Apparently their children are now all steiners (ranging in age from 5-17)

They very clearly have new copies of the book and they are very clearly spelled Stain...however they all thought it was spelled stein.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I have read all that material and would be willing to accept the explanations provided and a few others such as lucid/vivid dreams to explain it all. The only thing that keeps me from just letting this go is the amount of people with these memories.

People tend to jump on a bandwagon, I get that, and I would like nothing more than a nice neat explanation for all this.

If it was just me or a few other people I would let the issue drop. I would accept my insanity and just keep it to myself. I have asked people I know about certain events and get mixed replies. Seems odd to me. People's memories are not foolproof, and stories get mixed up, again I fully accept that.

Stein/Stain, Hooked on Phonics apparently didn't work for me, But I did WANT TO WIN BEN STEIN"S MONEY. Used to make jokes about Ben Stein being the stage name for an illegitimate Berenstein Bear offspring. Those jokes are pure fail now, big ole Stain on my humor.

"Tank Boy", I can find 5 reasons and three good excuses why it could be a faulty memory, the reasons and excuses for so many other people remembering it are not stacking up. I do have a few, people jumping on the bandwagon, attention seekers and just plain crazy folk. If it was just people on the net I would think this was all a big load of Doo-Doo. If it was just insanity on my part I would join the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and troll the Slender man threads. Would be much more fun.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I used to watch a show in the 1980s, The Equalizer, starring Edward Woodward. I remember he died of a heart attack while filming an episode which ended the series.

Didn't end the series, he didn't die. The series ran from 1985 to 1989.

In later episodes Richard Jordan joined the cast as fellow "equalizer" Harley Gage in order to reduce the workload on Edward Woodward, who suffered a heart attack in 1987.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Yea, I got that, was the point of my post. Maybe I am not being clear enough about what I am posting, or people just like stating the obvious.

I know I have false memories of these things, I know the right answer. My post are just seeing if other people share some of the other false memories I have encountered. Also, seeing if people had a few that I would remember.

Yes I know these things did not happen this way...I check facts. I admit the things I post are false memories.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yea, I got that, was the point of my post. Maybe I am not being clear enough about what I am posting

Go with that one.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: Speculation

I used to watch a show in the 1980s, The Equalizer, starring Edward Woodward. I remember he died of a heart attack while filming an episode which ended the series. Of course I was shocked to see him alive and well on a later guest appearance for another show. I think he is still alive for that matter. On the bright side, there were more episodes to watch, I liked that show.

Actually since you partially quoted my post it seems that's all you read.

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join