It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

lol...hello again to you, sister-fringe-dweller!

I meditate too, but didn't think about trying to get answers to this dilemma. (sorry, it's always been dilemma to me...)
I would be interested to see what you come up with.

Would be nice if we could come up with a few more theories to explain our 'memories'...?

Maybe Nibiru is approaching....but the chemtrails are clouding our brains....and the zombie apocalypse is closing in....so we should just all get on the trains...
Head off to the underground bunkers....get rescued by preppers with guns....beam up to the big flying saucer...cause us 'steiners' are the chosen ones...

jacy

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I meditate too, but didn't think about trying to get answers to this dilemma. (sorry, it's always been dilemma to me...)

Would be nice if we could come up with a few more theories to explain our 'memories'...?

Maybe Nibiru is approaching....but the chemtrails are clouding our brains....and the zombie apocalypse is closing in....so we should just all get on the trains...
Head off to the underground bunkers....get rescued by preppers with guns....beam up to the big flying saucer...cause us 'steiners' are the chosen ones...

jacy

Holy Cow!!!
I think you covered it all . LOL

BTW I've read up on the "23" theory and it didn't seem to fit here.
Just FYI

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Hey Rainbow!

I think I've tried enough times now, to say that the 'stains' are entitled to their beliefs and opinions...as have many other 'steiners'....but I've yet to hear a 'stain' say that we deserve anything but scorn.

I still believe that my memories are correct for whatever lifetime I have been living...even though I can't explain it with logic...or material proof....yet.

This thread was really great when we were considering alternative theories, but it slid downhill with all the negativity. I love discussing theories...like you, I thought this was the place for that.

Apparently I'm wrong....again.
jacy

No. You aren't wrong. That is why we are here. Others just can't seem to let it rest. I am old enough to remember and own vinyl records. I remember when you would have a scratch on one and it just got stuck saying the same thing over and over. That's what is going on here. We need to pick the needle up and "skip" the "skip" so we can get through the rest of the song without interruption.

That would be very interesting of you ever decide to do it!! If you do let us know what you come up with. If you don't want to post it publicly, maybe shoot off a u2u to a few of us that have been here from the start??? Never hurts to ask.

I never thought of that myself. I wonder if you would be able to tell anything if you did it? I haven't looked into hypnosis a lot.

edit on 7/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

jacy

Hahahahaha! Once again Jacy enlightens us with her humor. LOL

I have no idea what the answer is and am just relieved that there are so many of us steiners here or surely I would think I was going mad. LOL

I can't for one minute blame the stainers. Just blows my mind that they have proof. What the...????? That is like someone saying I never had a Mother and Father and show me proof.
This some pretty wild stuff!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh sorry if this has been posted already, being such a huge thread, I never read the whole thing....Can we have the ages of the steiner believers and the stainers?

I am 56 and remember it as steiner.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hi Kanga,

Ok, I will most probably send a u2u then.
I will try a deep meditation this weekend, I'm too swamped with work right now.
It'd be too hard to clear my mind.
That kind of meditation takes longer than my usual 15 minutes.

To: Night Star,
Hello

from Canada

edit on 8/7/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

To be fair, Vinyl is still a "thing." It has even been seeing quite a resurgence of popularity in the past decade. Quite a few artists will release their albums on both vinyl and digital. And, in some places of the world, vinyl is the most readily accessible method of mass production and distribution of their music.

Throw a good record on a nice platter, send it through some tubes and get enraptured by the warmth of pure analog bliss.

Just curious pertaining to those talking about meditation; What do you think it is and how do you feel it is relevant to something like this?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Hey all you groovy Steiners out there in Stainland.

There's still hope to click those ruby slippers and get the "bleep" out of Oz.

Parallel universe evidence compounding at an alarming rate!

Keepin it real ....... in never-never land

Stain out

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I distinctly remember it being Berenstein Bears with an E not an A. This is kind of freaky.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

Hey Magic!
I saw that thread too...haven't 'dipped my toe in' just yet, lol.

Hi johnthejedi, welcome to the fray!

I would love to know if any of the 'stain' people have ever had weird experiences that they can't explain?
I know I have.
Or, are us 'steins' the ones having all the weirdness? Is that what we have in common?
It doesn't seem to be an age or location factor, so what else do we share?

Like Phage said in The Day the Earth Stood Still...(yeah, I know it was John Lithgow)..."I have so many questions!"

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This subject is how I found this site a while back, several threads cover the same material. I added a post that has been partially quoted in this thread a couple of times in a different thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If it was just the bears it would be OK with everything and chalk it all up to my own mistake. Actually I remember stein as well, beside the point, I don't care enough about them to worry. What I have been searching for is a better list of what people are noticing that is different. The Mandela Effect site has the bulk of what is hot topics on forums.
mandelaeffect.com...

That's a good start, but...I have noticed other things personally. Most are just personal observations from my life that do not matter to anyone other than myself. If you looked at my post from the first link I added here, those are the things that other people might be able to remember as well.

Only things that have major media attention matter for these threads, otherwise how would we know if other people noticed. People have no clue about my personal life, so there is no point in posting that info.

I really do not mind being proven wrong about facts. The problem I have is when facts get changed, though I am willing to say I must be mistaken when people point at my mistakes. Facts, I have always grounded myself with them, hard to do when they have been changed. Most things are not a major issue and I can not say I have serious life issues because of the changes.

What I can say is, this is annoying. Now I seldom post on web sites or discuss much of any topic with anyone because I am unsure if I know the current "FACTS". When something seems odd or off to me I fire up a Google search and relearn the facts. As far as I know, after much reading on the web and books there is no reasonable explanations for any of this.

The only comfort is that there is a growing number of threads about this and people wondering "WTF is going on?".

To late to keep this short...so, song lyrics seem to be slightly than I recall (maybe I learned them wrong - no biggie), movies have different scenes and slight variations or I have seen a new movie before it was released. I have to wonder how I have seen those or have a false memory that is so accurate.

For the most part I am happy and going along a decent path in life and have my family, just would like to see more list of things people remember... that they remember wrong, would help to have a heads up on some subjects I used to be sure about.

Last thing from my crazy world. The other day I was reading and the TV was left on a movie channel, the movie Gremlins was on, the original, and the main bad Gremlin was called Stripe, for some reason I remember him being Spike. Googled that and found a few hits of people as confused as I was.

Like the "Stein/Stain" debate it could be chalked up as faulty memory on my part, and I know there were sequels, just seems wrong to me. Not the only thing I have noticed lately but I am waiting to see what other people post without prompting from me.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Speculation

Hi Speculation!
I did read that thread before, and just went back to skim it over.
Lots of anomalies there.

I have to log out shortly, so can't really list my own weird experiences right now.

I am open to believing that things happen that we don't understand...that things aren't exactly how we think they are...and that 'reality' is not black or white (lots of grey).

I will check back later this evening...still loving this thread, even if it is driving me crazy, lol.

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Speculation

It was stripe because of the white stripe he had. Maybe as a kid you misunderstood?

I do the thing with movie scenes a lot, but Hollywood recycles so much of itself sometimes they blend together.

I thought for sure a scene from aliens was from 2001. However it was just using Kubrick's style so my memory blended them together.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I fully understand it is Stripe, not even an issue for me. It was just one of the oddities that I remember wrong and curious to see new input from people with other "False Memories". The goal of my post was a fishing expedition for things other people have noticed besides what has been posted.

Oddly, I seem to recall most of what has been posted as "Mandela Effect" and wonder what else I have not noticed. I am good with how the world is...just looking for a better way to adapt my education.

I stumbled into this phenomenon by fact checking, something I was "proven wrong about" and realized this was more than my personal memory issues. I find it hard to believe so many people are having the same false memories.

I am not looking for people to believe me, I am just curious what other people have noticed. Most of the time I try to accept this whole subject is pointless because it is not provable and there is not anything that can be done to fix the situation. Just as I close the book on this subject, something else pops up. I was not looking for this, it found me.

I can "Speculate" all day as to the cause of this, it gets me nowhere. Unless there is a scientific study that proves the cause and effect I really do not care to waste my time with crazy theories of my own. The only thing that does help is knowing it is not just me.

I don't hate the player, I don't hate the game...I hate the person that changes the rules. Right now I am just making sure I know the new rules.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I would love to know if any of the 'stain' people have ever had weird experiences that they can't explain?

Yes, I have had a few unexplained experiences.

Dejavu, synchronicity, paranormal encounter(ghosts), NDE, OOBE, UFO sighting, spiritual encounters, mysticism, hallucinations and pareidolia.

One of the most powerful experiences I had was when my grandmother died. The night she died I cracked a large mirror by accident and I witnessed a huge single bolt of lighting strike the area where she lived. I was close to my grandmother and I had sensed her passing. I didn't find out till the next day that she died.

The biggest unexplained experience ever ....... Life

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
just became aware of this thread/theory. i have to say when i was reading the OP i was like, "stAin?! no WAY it was stAin!" i'm a firm bearliever that it was stEin. I used to read the books all the time like many others here when I was a kid. Going to ask my mother later if she remembers the childrens books with the family of bears and see how she recalls it being spelled.

this stAin universe sucks balls.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67
a reply to: jacygirl

Yes, I have had a few unexplained experiences.

Dejavu, synchronicity, paranormal encounter(ghosts), NDE, OOBE, UFO sighting, spiritual encounters, mysticism, hallucinations and pareidolia.

Ditto, here. Throw in a few crypto critters.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Forgive my long post in this thread, there is limited information on this subject and most forums are not as well moderated so this is where I have decided to post my thoughts on the matter.

There are several Mandela Effect and False Memory I can easily debunk for my personal satisfaction, for example, Henry Winkler AKA The Fonz being dead. One season ended with The Fonz jumping his motorcycle over some cars and landing badly leaving the “Is Fonzi Dead?” cliffhanger. I actually remember that episode and the doo-doo people spread around at the time. It had and urban legend quality at the time and I can see where people might remember the old rumors as something more. Not saying I am right, because I do remember celebrities that have died reported on the news only to turn back up or die again.

I remember Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 80s and the media coverage of the events afterwards, but my memory is wrong. I remember Tank Boy being run over on live TV in Tiananmen square and the coverage of that on news media for a long time after, but it did not happen.

There are few people I will discuss this subject with in person, mostly I have been searching the net and reading any books I can find. My father, a retired Navy officer has almost no sense of humor, if you tell him something you’d better be sure you have your facts straight. I have talked to him about this and he usually rolls his eyes about it all until I mentioned the “Tank Boy” incident. When I told him it did not happen at all I saw an expression I have never seen from that man before.

He went to his computer, searched a while and was puzzled about the results. Then he goes with the old, I must be remembering a movie or something and passes it off, though I can tell he was bothered by it.

I tried for a while to pass all this off myself, it is getting harder to do. Breaking this post, more to come.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I asked a friend of mine the other day and she too says stein. When I told her it was all over the internet that it is stain she looked at me like I was from Mars. I said the stainers have PROOF!
We are both are as freaked out as all the rest of the steiners here.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
There are all kinds of theories about time travelers, other dimensions…..If you have been following these topics you have seen them all. I can not hazard a guess as to the actual cause.

The Berenstein/ Berenstain Bears, Most of us went to school and had assigned reading and this was a common book series we all had to put up with. I never liked being made to read them, but I had to. We all were corrected on our spelling to a point where some people just can not let this go by without calling BS.

Even though I consider this a mild or pointless “False Memory” the fact remains there are so many people willing to point at it and call “BS”. It helps to have more than one example of things people are absolutely sure about for this topic.

Having seen the people talking about NDE being a possible cause, in 2002 I had an accident at work and I really do not know how I survived, I think I did, but my memory has been proven wrong many times since so…

It was not until 2005 that I started noticing things being different. I started noticing the dead celebrities showing up and a few things. I assumed I had been mistaken or the news report had been wrong. Mostly I brushed it off .

I used to watch a show in the 1980s, The Equalizer, starring Edward Woodward. I remember he died of a heart attack while filming an episode which ended the series. Of course I was shocked to see him alive and well on a later guest appearance for another show. I think he is still alive for that matter. On the bright side, there were more episodes to watch, I liked that show.

OK, my mistake or Hollywood pulled a fast one, does not matter really.

Then someone I know in the real world, that died, I went to their funeral …showed back up like nothing ever happened. Doo-Doo got real. So, I start thinking I had a vivid dream or something. Either way, I started paying attention to things more closely. While looking up info on Mandela I discovered the Mandela Effect. At least this puppy has a name.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join