It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Then it happened again. I have had this type of experience more than once. Now I have a word for it. Three-timing.

Is that anything like two-timing or a three-way?

edit on 29-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Yes. And it freaks a person out, lemme tell you. Why three-timing though? I'd call it I'd call it two-timing, or maybe a timefold, if anything at all.

BTW, to recap, I'm a -stein with very vivid memories of discussions of the pronunciation,

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I came to this thread with no idea what to expect, and I must say...this whole thing has my gears turning!

This post is on page 17 of this thread...

originally posted by: Nola213
I'm from the "Stein" universe, the OT (original timeline). I have 2 old 1st edition books from '68 where it's spelled "Berenstein Bears".

The "Stainer's" in this thread are either selling disinformation, as the "change" was anti-semetic; or more likely you need to go back to your own universe or timeline.

Stein 4 ever!

This rabbit hole is way deeper than you think. It has to do with person(s) not connected to the original works trying to get the name changed so they can collect money off book sales, and other royalties. LOL "Stain" *rolls eyes*

Also Mandela has been reported dead no less than 3 times.

I read a few pages beyond but so far only one poster has even asked for pictures of these alleged 1st Edition copies with the -stein spelling...I'm hoping this person posted some pictures because the tone of the post was slightly condescending, IMO.

I also remember the name being pronounced Berenstein (sounding like Bearensteen). Even as someone who was far beyond my age group in reading comprehension and attention to detail, I cannot recall the actual spelling, only the way it was said to me. I have a very visual based memory. I can recall all kinds of things from "before I should remember", like recognizing family members who I had only interacted with a few times at very young ages (say 1-5 years old), I remember specific markings that family friends' animals had (again, around the 1-5 year old range), even things like the patterns on my grandparents' (and great grand parents') furniture. But I cannot, for the life of me, recall the spelling of this damn name! I had all the books, some older originals handed down to me, some were newer prints, and I read them often. For an idea of how much I read as a very young kid, I had Dr. Seuss' Fox in Socks memorized before I started kindergarten. Dr. Seuss, Disney, and The Berenst_in Bears were the staples of my collection.

A few months ago I saw the listing in the TV Guide for "Berenstain Bears" and I will admit I felt a slight confusion, simply because to me there was no way "Berenstain" could have been pronounced "Bearensteen" (Berenstein). I was also a smart ass little kid, and I feel like my friends and I would have joked to no end about the "stain" part...but as a few posters have mentioned, the memory is a crazy thing.

My personal story to shed light on how fragile the human brain/mind really is when it comes to perceiving reality:

Approximately 10 years ago my mother, at the age of 41, suffered two major strokes. They were both caused by the artery on the right side of her neck being 99% "clogged". She is now almost completely paralyzed on her left side, she can walk very slowly (and clumsily) with a cane, and as you can imagine her cognitive abilities have been drastically reduced.

When she was initially in ICU, she was essentially in a coma for a few days. When she came out of it, she was a mess. Not only was she tasked with learning to speak again, she had to learn how to "decode" the inputs from her sensory organs...eyes, nose, ears, etc. There were times she didn't remember me or my siblings, or she thought we were someone else...things to be expected with severe brain damage.

The strange part was when she would ask things like "Who let this little boy in here, and why is he running around my room screaming? This is a damn hospital!" when there were clearly no children (even teenagers) around. Another that sticks out in my mind was when she was sure that her friends were in her room, drinking beer, and leaving the cans on top of the medical equipment. She went as far as to point them out to us and the staff. There was never any beer. She still "remembers" the cans, she still "remembers" the little boy being wild and crazy in her room, she still "remembers" her deceased mother comforting her, she still "remembers" all kinds of things that no one around her experienced while in the same room at the same time.

Not sure if I hit my point or not, my train of thought gets all twisted when I start to get passionate about something. What I'm trying to say is that our reality is dictated not only by how our sensory organs interact with the world around us, but also by how our under-used human brains interpret these interactions.

I hope to chime in with something more substantial after reading the rest of this thread.

To the -steins
To the -stains
Divide and Conquer

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Tune in tomorrow at either 5pm or 10pm EST to listen to jacygirl and I as we do an in-depth discussion concerning this topic. I'll be in chat for the 10pm show.

ATS Live Radio

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Druid42

That's great but you both are from the Stein Universe.

Shouldn't it be a more balanced discussion and include a member from the Stain Universe?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

agreed. it makes sense to have a couple people for each group. debates usually need people with differing opinions.

so what time is it then? 5 for universe Stein and 10 for universe Stain?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Are you going to deceptively edit screenshots for that too?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Believe it or not, jacy and I cover both sides of the issue, and are not biased in discussing possibilities. If ANY of you stainers would like to go on the air (we are pre-recorded) I'd be more than happy to accommodate, and work out the details. We can re-visit the topic with your input, no problems there.

Any takers?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I just pulled it up on Google to see what you mean. Sure looks like you're correct about this.

Also the box on the right "See results about" is missing from the shot. Oddly enough that box has a pic of Andrew Zimmerman from GWU and Andrew ZIMMERN. Spelled ZIMMERN. ZIMMERN.

NFC. Not cool.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Aww crap, you guys. Editing screenshots? Run it through ELE, I did no chopping on them. My screen cap utility allows me to either do the whole screen, or just drag and highlight a specific area, which I did, to capture the essence of what I was trying to point out.

The point was finding pics linked to both Zimmern and Zimmerman on google, of the same person, which I did. Sure, there are plenty of Zimmermans out there, and I realize that, and in this case, if you really want to pick hairs, the errors are a bit more obvious than the stein/stain anomaly.

Of course, you've duplicated my searches, so you have the same results as I. There are plenty of references to BOTH Zimmern and Zimmerman. Isn't that another anomaly?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Aww crap, you guys. Editing screenshots?
If capture bias sounds better maybe we could go with that?

Run it through ELE, I did no chopping on them.
I don't think you did. My point is about what appears on the Google page that is very conspicuous in its absence.

My screen cap utility allows me to either do the whole screen, or just drag and highlight a specific area, which I did, to capture the essence of what I was trying to point out.
And you accomplished this by using just enough of the page to show the Wiki title for Andrew Zimmerman without any text that shows that's not a Wiki on Zimmern? Many people will consider that deceptive and I can't blame them.

Not calling you the devil or trying to beat this into the ground. Just explaining my view, that's all.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

At least you can admit it was a screen capture, and that I provided the search terms in the posted images, aye? Allowing others to duplicate the search results, and regardless of the width of my screen grab, permit others to see what I saw?

Deception is a misnomer when I provided details on what I was searching for, and clearly denoted my search terms so they COULD be duplicated. My focus was on capturing the search results, not the content of the whole window.

Since you are able to duplicate my search on google, I think you and others could admit there is somewhat of an anomaly there. What I post as screen caps, as long as you can duplicate them, is a non-issue. This is more about the Zimmerman/Zimmern anomaly, than what it is about screen capture techniques.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

This is more about the Zimmerman/Zimmern anomaly, than what it is about screen capture techniques.

On one hand it is a bit of an anomaly in that the misspelling is a deviation from what would be considered normal, aka the correct spelling of his name.

OTOH, I don't necessarily consider it anomalous due to the fact that these situations can be expected. I consider the 'dumbing down' of the general populace to be a very real conspiracy. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

ETA: BTW, I don't think my IQ score in my sig means I'm that smart. It just means I test well.

edit on 29-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I'm tuning in and can't wait to hear it. I wish I could have joined both of you but they moved my father out of state to another rehab hospital. We spent the day trying to get him settled and I didn't get back until a lot later than I thought I would.

Did you take calls as well or just a Q&A amongst each other?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

On one hand it is a bit of an anomaly in that the misspelling is a deviation from what would be considered normal, aka the correct spelling of his name.

I don't think that your IQ score is representative of your ability to conduct a meaningful and productive conversation. It's not a clickable link, anyway, so I'm suspecting a bit a sarcasm in that reference.

"A bit of an anomaly"? Wow, we are making progress.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Kanga, it's all pre-recorded, so if you aren't there during the recording, you miss out.

There was a suggestion earlier to set up a debate between steiners and stainers. I'm game for that, but have no takers from the stain camp.

That's not saying you can't join us later on, on another topic. The radio show is volunteer work, and anyone can pipe in. We welcome new guests/hosts, and on whatever topics.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yeah. I knew I missed out and I really wanted to do it, but life pops up on occasion. I am glad I at least get to hear it though as I am still fascinated by this. I think it would be awesome to hold a debate for Stein vs. Stain. As vocal as the Stains have been on this thread, you would think they would be jumping at the chance to debate a Steiner.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
a reply to: new_here
Hello new_here. Clearly Jacygirll is smart enough to have two brains. Let's ask her how that's working for her!

ahh...hahahaha....I couldn't afford a whole new brain..

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67

That's great but you both are from the Stein Universe.

Shouldn't it be a more balanced discussion and include a member from the Stain Universe?

Hey Magic,
Apparently no 'stainers' were willing to voice their opinions through a microphone.
If you are interested, listen to our discussion.
We both agreed that if we were of the 'stain' persuasion, we would likely be arguing just as vehemently that the spelling never changed.
Please don't jump to any conclusions without hearing it.

Oh, and y'all can feel free to make fun of my Canadian accent...although I think I managed to talk for an hour without once saying 'eh?'....lol....
jacy

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'd debate...

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join