It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Serdgiam

Hi Serdgiam!!

I know, right? lol

It looks as wrong as: Elvis Preslay, Mal Gibson, Frankenstain or Einstain.
WRONG!!!

But where is our proof? *poof* it's gone.
If you're interested, this thread is being discussed on ATS Live Out of the Box on Monday night.

I now check for books everywhere I go. Second hand stores, garage sales, etc. So far, all I've found are 'stain' books, much to my dismay.

jacy

LOL, true, so true. There is no doubt in my mind that it was Stein. To see it changed is freaking me out. Like the names you mentioned above, we just know what they are supposed to be and seeing it differently does indeed look wrong.

Waves at new_ here! Hello my little faery friend!!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

www.rense.com...

"And we can also go so far as to plant entirely false memories - we call them rich false memories because they are so detailed and so big."

jacy

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Same question. How would false memories support your belief the books actually said stein?

I can't make that any simpler.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Same question. How would false memories support your belief the books actually said stein?

I can't make that any simpler.

Oh geez...I'm saying that perhaps we 'stein' folk are the ones with the mistaken memory (implanted). If the books all say 'stain', but we adamantly remember 'stein', along with personal/family memories to enforce it....then WE would be the ones imprinted with the false memory.

I can't make THAT any simpler.

jacy

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Dear Jacygirl, Each of the possible theories that you suggested has its own rabbit hole (or ATS thread, perhaps.) A memory implantation theory presents questions of who, how, and when, not to mention why. I'm afraid that I am one of those incorrigible stainers. My theory is that every appearance of "-stein" was born of an error of perception. The fact that there must be thousands of people who are absolutely sure about "-stein" does not make me doubt my theory in the least. Of course this means that I am every bit as stubborn as those that I say are mistaken. But this hubris is nothing that you all do not already know. So let's get a consensus or two and tie this sucker up!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I can't make THAT any simpler.

THAT doesn't answer the question. As recently as this post,

But where is our proof? *poof* it's gone.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
you've implied the books actually read stein. That does not mesh with implanted mistaken memory.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Just what purpose would there be to implant such a stupid memory as an Author's name???? I can't buy into that. I can't wrap my mind around this. It's like we shouldn't even be having this discussion. It was stein I tell you! But the proof went poof!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ok, uploader is working again, so here's the Andrew Zimmerman from the stein group. I wonder if all steiners remember Zimmerman?

And this is the Andrew Zimmern in the stain reality:

The pictures are obviously the same person, so why are there two obviously different spellings? Again, this is dealing with Proper Nouns. In this case, us steiners are adding a syllable, which is quite unnecessary. I would think we would take the simpler spelling and leave it at that. Adding syllables to words is a whole level of complexity higher than simply misspelling a word.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have no answers to this...I've only been discussing 'theories' to provoke conversation and thought.

I am more than willing to hear anyone else's experiences and beliefs, but am truthfully getting tired of defending myself.

The topic of this thread is "Very weird theory..." and I agree, it is weird.

Why are so many people wrong about this name in particular? If we are just not paying attention, or mispronouncing it...why aren't we guilty of it with other names?

If I had been spelling another word wrong, and was pointed to the correct spelling...I would admit my mistake and carry on. However, those of us who believe it was once 'stein' are positive and adamant...and quite honestly shocked that it is not as we remember.

I don't drink, am not medicated...have an excellent memory overall...so why?
jacy

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Look at the wiki for Zimmerman. NOT the same guy. It seems the Steiners still suffer from the save optical illusion concerning names the had concerning Berenstain.

Edit: did you crop out the wiki description on purpose?

a reply to: Druid42

edit on 29-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's funny you should mention numbers and 196 steps. You'll see what I mean if you do this :

Begin by measuring one foot at the halfway mark which is six inches. Continue to measure exactly half and see how many steps it takes.

Let us all know what you get when your finished, kay?

a reply to: thisguy27

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You are guilty of it with other names...Zimmern is an example.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Same for me. It looked wrong when I first spotted it two years ago, and to this day it still looks WRONG. All of my life, it never looked wrong and in my memory, I strongly see it as Berenstein.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Eeerrr....I thought you guys were talking about Andrew Zimmern the whistle-blower who committed suicide when he was indicted by the Feds. Zimmerman was the guy found innocent of murdering Trayvon Martin. Now some chef? Can the original replier please chime in on which who we're talking about. And please no Robert Zimmerman I'm not into wrinkle rock.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
This thread is now drifting like bald tires on ice. What would be nice is a unified theory that by consensus presents a rational, scientific explanation. Even 2 theories, one for the steiners, one for the stainers. This thread will end one day, so let's try to start putting a pretty bow on it.

Ok, here's mine... IF parallel universes exist, I'm going with something like this:

My other post in this thread

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Waves at new_ here! Hello my little faery friend!!

Hiya, Night Star! Have some fairy dust!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here
Hello new_here. Clearly Jacygirll is smart enough to have two brains. Let's ask her how that's working for her!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot
By the way, when Jacygirl sees how I misspelled her name, she will probably tell me to get the "l" out of here!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'm saying that perhaps we 'stein' folk are the ones with the mistaken memory (implanted).

Is it possible and even more probable that the method of mistaken memory implantation was from viewing other people misspell it and from hearing other people mispronounce it rather than by some exotic brainwashing or hypnosis?

Also, what makes your false memory of Berestein and different from my false memory of marshmellow?

P.S.
I don't really have a false memory of marshmellow. It's just for arguments sake. But I did have the Berenstein false memory.
edit on 29-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This may seem a little off topic. Have any of the Stein camp ever "three-timed?" It's a term I recently learned from a friend who most would consider "otherly-saned." I told him about this debate. His first question was "Have you ever three-timed?" I had to answer yes. I recall driving home one night and as I rounded a corner, I found myself behind where I had already passed. I was confused. Then it happened again. I have had this type of experience more than once. Now I have a word for it. Three-timing.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join