It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Hi new_here!
Sorry, I have no idea...raymundoko's explanation would make sense.

I always come directly to the 'recent posts' page, and don't pay attention to stats.

jacy

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

i know it. there are places you can go for an actual test, established institutions that will give you a proper test either in person or online. but taking a random test online isn't really verifying anything.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yeah, my 128 score came from a facility and is actually an average of 3 tests taken 2-3 years apart. They were all pretty close though. I typically score higher than that on internet tests but I'm definitely not genius level which I why I consider internet tests to be inaccurate. However I personally don't think IQ has anythjng to do with a level of persons "smarts". I've known a person with and IQ of 150+ who was a screwup and kind of an air head. My favorite professor in college has an IQ of 112 and I am fairly confident he is far smarter than I will ever be. We're still friends.

a reply to: Boswell

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomerdude

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Except after c. I think it still applies in this universe.

Have to admit though, i before e except after c is a weird rule.

Especially considering the word receive.

That follows the rule. Who starred this #???

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Probably one of those steiners

edit on 6 28 2014 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage
That's probably a safe bet. I've seen more than a few struggle with some pretty basic stuff.

Now even more topical. I first saw your post at 10:27. You posted at 10:17 but your profile said you were "on ATS 14 minutes ago". I didn't go to college but that seems to indicate that you logged off 4 minutes prior to posting. How did you do that? Is there a 4 minute delay on interdimensional posts? What gives?

Thanks,

The Georgia Peach (cuz I'm warm & fuzzy)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Universe E

originally posted by thisguy27

I might not be back for awhile. The plan is falling into line and I need to be more proactive with it. Just watch the news for a story on how a crazy guy is preaching on soap boxes about bringing down the government

Universe A

originally posted by: thisguy27
a reply to: Boswell

I met two people that are on the same wavelength as me.

The others are fillers, to seem like everything is normal. They all claim that it's -stain. And they're all kewl.
But they don't seem to have an original thought in their bodies. # they say, it's like they heard it once and they repeat it when the time is right to seem like they're normal. They're not. They're watchers to make sure that I stay a good little citizen and that I never go off of my path. Phuck that noise, I'm joining the military. And then when I'm done with that, part 49 of my plan can start.

See, I told you all that Universe A was E-vil.

Thisguy27 from Universe E wants to be proactive, preach from a soap box and fight the government.

Thisguy27 from Universe A wants to join the military, has a secret 49 point manifesto and has a messiah complex.

edit on 29-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

Whut.

Messiah complex indeed. Call me crazy. I could really give a #. This is the internet and you are an anonymous stranger.

I'm high as # and I feel like stirring up the honeypot that has become this thread.

There's 196 steps in my plan.

You see, the Universe is based on numbers. 24 hours in a day, 12 inches in a foot, 33 and 3/8s in a meter and so and so forth.

196 is an even number. It is also a square number. 7 is the 3 third prime number.
7 times 7 is 49. 49 times 4 (another square number) boom, you get 196. Long ago I realized that I would lose focus and run off the rails with rampant drug and alcohol abuse. So i forced myself to plan. And I planned and I crunched the numbers and I found out what my purpose in life was.

Again, the numbers that are present in our every day lives can be analyzed and correlated in a pattern.
And reading the numbers on the global stock markets of the last 30 years I came to a conclusion shared by many others. The world is running out of liquid cash. Too much money is being put into infrastructure and wasteful side agendas that are disposing of anything not owned by the "man". And I realized that there was only one thing to do when they try to take my guns and tell me what to do with my body.

It's time to nut up or shut up. I'm done talking about peaceful solutions to our current socioeconomic crisis. It's time for action. So, I went from option C to option K, the best option. Non-violent protests and militant marches to overturn hostile local governments. If you give the people someone to stand behind, there's no telling where they will go.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I was researching the Andrew Zimmerman/Andrew Zimmern anomaly, and there are both spellings on the internet. Same guy, different spellings. From the stein side, it was always Zimmerman. Was the stain side always Zimmern? This may help us research this a bit more....He's a cooking show/chef/food personality on network TV, so it shouldn't be hard to find out information.

I would state that this is the second anomaly in this time line:

www.google.com...=1&q=Andrew+Zimmerman&safe=off

www.google.com...=1&q=Andrew+Zimmern&safe=off&spell=1

In this case, the anomaly in spelling in dropping "ma" from his name.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I took screenshots, but the uploader gets to about 70%, stalls, and is giving an "unknown error". I'll try to upload later.

Wonky.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

There's 196 steps in my plan.

Oops, my mistake. Please share this great plan of yours.

I would love to hear it.

(By the way, if you haven't noticed, I have been making jokes and I was just messing with you. Don't take it personal)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Druid42

I would state that marshmallow and marshmellow is the third anomaly.

FREAKY

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Druid42
I was researching the Andrew Zimmerman/Andrew Zimmern anomaly, and there are both spellings on the internet. Same guy, different spellings. From the stein side, it was always Zimmerman. Was the stain side always Zimmern? This may help us research this a bit more....He's a cooking show/chef/food personality on network TV, so it shouldn't be hard to find out information.

www.google.com...=1&q=Andrew+Zimmerman&safe=off

www.google.com...=1&q=Andrew+Zimmern&safe=off&spell=1
When I click on those links, I can't back out.

In this case, the anomaly in spelling in dropping "ma" from his name.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67
a reply to: Druid42

I would state that marshmallow and marshmellow is the third anomaly.

FREAKY

ok, new_here, reporting for duty...

In my world:
It's BerenstEin,
Marshmallow (although I discovered this in my adulthood and though 'Hmph, whatevah..."
And I've never had cable (by choice) so no input on Zimmerman/Zimmern.

I will say that the surname Zimmerman only became known to me after the shooting in Florida.

For the record, grew up in the southeast of US in the 70's. Never had the books as a child but read them to my own kids and read the extensively in schools as a teacher for 28 years. I first became aware of the Berenstain spelling two years ago, and thought "Woah... weird, how did I mistake that all of these years." I chalked it up to my one brain messing up, until this thread came along. Now I am so amazed at the sheer number of folks reporting the same WTH that I experienced.
edit on 6/29/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Hey new_here!

It's always been marshmallow to me, lol. But then I only just discovered stein/stain with this thread a few days ago.
My research on the bears led me to find the Andrew Zimmerman/Zimmern strangeness, so now I'm wondering what's next.

My kids had the books and watched the tv show. We had lots of books because for a while I also ran a home daycare. When my kids were in school, I was a school volunteer (almost every day)...and spent time in the library, as well as reading to many children.
I was familiar with all the kids' authors...Mercer Mayer, Dr. Seuss, Jan & Stan Berenstein, Hans Christian Andersen, Lewis Carroll, Beatrix Potter...just to remember a few.
Why can I remember spelling on all the others? Some of them are rather unusual, yet they are committed to memory. Why would my memory of just one name be tainted?

The first time I saw 'Berenstain', my mind screamed "WRONG!"
The scream might be reduced to a whimper now, but I still claim that the spelling WAS 'stein'.
jacy

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thats the most interesting point to me.. how wrong it looks.

I made the same mistake with Andrew Zimmern. However, when I realized it, it was simply met by me with a shrug and I said "Oh, guess I was wrong." Things like that have happened on multiple occasions to me, and I am guessing probably everyone ever.

Thats the difference for me on this Berenstein/stain thing. Stain looks absolutely and completely wrong, and there is a conviction about it that doesnt quite make sense (especially given past experiences).

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Hi Serdgiam!!

I know, right? lol

It looks as wrong as: Elvis Preslay, Mal Gibson, Frankenstain or Einstain.
WRONG!!!

But where is our proof? *poof* it's gone.
If you're interested, this thread is being discussed on ATS Live Out of the Box on Monday night.

I now check for books everywhere I go. Second hand stores, garage sales, etc. So far, all I've found are 'stain' books, much to my dismay.

jacy

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This thread is now drifting like bald tires on ice. What would be nice is a unified theory that by consensus presents a rational, scientific explanation. Even 2 theories, one for the steiners, one for the stainers. This thread will end one day, so let's try to start putting a pretty bow on it.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Hey Diderot!
I agree.

I've come up with 'mistaken memory implants', and tried to back it with some proof. (Proof that my theory is at least possible).
We've mentioned 'time travel' and 'parallel dimensions'...do you have any theories to add?

I would love someone to come up with another idea.
Instead of "I'm right and you're wrong"...let's discuss possibilities!
jacy

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I've come up with 'mistaken memory implants', and tried to back it with some proof.

*Question for discussion*

Yes I've noticed. How does that support this?

The first time I saw 'Berenstain', my mind screamed "WRONG!"
The scream might be reduced to a whimper now, but I still claim that the spelling WAS 'stein'.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join