It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

Can you prove there wasn't a dimensional drift of some sort that stranded us here in your homeworld?

Yes we can prove it. Because if a dimensional drift were to happen it would have more effects than the title of a children's book. Also, a dimensional drift is a different theory than an alternate Universe.

Dimensions don't result in alternate realities. They result in expanding the viewpoint of an already existing reality. They alter the perception of everything in it's entirety. Dimensions do not affect singular objects or groups. They affect all that encompasses the lesser dimension.

The idea that there are multiple yet identical Universes or multiple Universes with only slight variations is extremely far fetched. I can accept the possibility that there might be OTHER Universes, than our own, out there.

But I reject the notion that people, places, things and events occur in those other Universes with the exact evolution and timeline as ours with only slight differences. Such as different spelling of the title of a book.

If in fact there are other Universes they will be unique. If there are other versions of you out there they will be unique. You are unique, this planet is unique. The entire galaxy and every organism in it is unique.

To hypothesize that we have either an alternate Universe or a dimensional shift, based on a single letter in the title of a children's book, is so far fetched. And it requires the believer to take a huge leap of faith without any supporting evidence.

This just goes way beyond the arguments of religion and science. This has become a cult. The Cult of STEIN

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

for me, that's proving the idea of familiarity with Stein. Germans and Austrians would pronounce Berenstain as Berenstein as it's only a variation in spelling of the same name. hearing Stain pronounced Stein reinforces your memories/perceptions of the word.

is it at least agreeable that Germans and Austrians would pronounce Berenstain as Berenstein?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

hahaha Stop harassing us Steinfolk at bookstores!! Let the unaware among us slumber blissfully, Stainite!

I got quite a kick out of my friend whose mind was blown by this whole dilemna (see that? just spelled it the right/wrong way).

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67

Can you prove there wasn't a dimensional drift of some sort that stranded us here in your homeworld?

Yes we can prove it. Because if a dimensional drift were to happen it would have more effects than the title of a children's book. Also, a dimensional drift is a different theory than an alternate Universe.

According to MWI all potentialities are playing themselves out. Including ones in which only the titles of book changed. Silly? Yes. Being posed as scientific? Apparently.

This just goes way beyond the arguments of religion and science. This has become a cult. The Cult of STEIN

When the Steinfolk come to their inevitable ascendance, the Stainites will be the first up against the wall, I tell you!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

hahaha Stop harassing us Steinfolk at bookstores!! Let the unaware among us slumber blissfully, Stainite!

You got it. As soon as ATS displays the motto "Ignore ignorance".

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Definitely the simplest theory right? Hopefully this was a tongue in cheek type thing. I am not certain however. If so, they took it really far. I will admit that I always thought it was Bernstein. That is how I always heard it pronounced anyway, but that was such a long time ago and I only have vague recollections of the series. Don't remember many specifics at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

When the Steinfolk come to their inevitable ascendance, the Stainites will be the first up against the wall, I tell you!

LOL, Say hello to Marshall Applewhite for me will you?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

Does that mean you won't accept the invitation to Heeven's Gete with us?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What and miss all the fun here on Aarth? No thank you.

I think I'd rather watch the Aarth be recycled.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Definitely the simplest theory right? Hopefully this was a tongue in cheek type thing. I am not certain however. If so, they took it really far. I will admit that I always thought it was Bernstein. That is how I always heard it pronounced anyway, but that was such a long time ago and I only have vague recollections of the series. Don't remember many specifics at all.

In the song in the cartoon, it sounds as if they sing it with both pronunciations (but it is a song, so it's a little difficulty to tell).

They sing what sounds like "BerenstAIN" at the :26 mark, and then twice more at the end. The rest of the time it isn't as clear, but it does sound a little like "BerenstEIN". That just goes to show you how the pronunciations are similar enough that someone could hear "Berenstain" and think they were saying "Berenstein".

Edit To Add:
Here is another variant of the opening theme, where it sounds like they are saying "BerenstAIN" most of the time, but sometimes it does sort of sounds like "BerenstEIN" if you are so inclined to think that way.

edit on 6/27/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
In the opening statements of this video Michio Kaku talks about parallel Universes. One theory of his is that they might have different laws of physics completely foreign to us.

My point is that alternate Universes would be different not mirror images with extremely minute differences.

Enjoy

Parallel Universes part 1 of 5

edit on 27-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

That is Level II universes. I was discussing the MWI Level III universes/timelines/history/insert word here

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Or what is wrong with jacy?

Umm....NOTHING is wrong with jacy.

You have ignored my personal theory of 'implanted mistaken memories' (experimentation on the masses) and insist that I just can't admit I'm wrong.

Okay....I AM WRONG. Feel better?

I suppose I should just accept everything, and maintain the status quo.
I shall pray to the caucasian man with the white beard who sits on a cloud.
At least HE loves me.

For the record, I really don't care who thinks I'm stupid, addled or ignorant. I am just as entitled to have an opinion as every other person. I refuse to belittle other people for their own personal beliefs, and you can keep typing "faulty memory" until your fingers blister.

I stand by my belief that it was once 'stein'. I do not at any time claim to have answers to the questions of why or how.

jacy

edit on 27-6-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Yet again you ignored the question...

And I don't know how it isn't understood that stein is absolutely, unequivocally wrong. So yes, anyone who says it is or was spelled stein has been already 100% proven wrong. Whether the universe was altered doesn't change that the physical evidence has proven that it has always been spelled stain, at least in this universe.

Now, are you wrong that there is a parallel universe? I doubt it, I accept string theory for the most part.

Are you wrong that universes merged? According to the proponents of string theory, yes. They don't merge, they explode.

You linked a science fiction message board to substantiate your idea.

I totally understand exactly what you are saying. Totally.

But hear me out. Just a couple of days ago scientist have concluded that our universe shouldn't even exist. So with that said. Not one of us here even understand how ALL OF THIS even works.

You believe that it has ALWAYS been spelled that way. And it has. Always and forever.

In this universe. It has ALWAYS been spelled that way.

Now. There is a possibility that the Steiners are from another universe. This is why they believe this. To them, this is fact.

I hope you can understand this angle of the debate. I don't want you to agree with the Steiners. Just understand them.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
All of us Steiners should pitch in, buy a piece of land, make a flag and declare it sovereign. You bring the Nike's and I'll bring the barbiturates. Maybe we could gather enough force to take over Moosylvania.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-6-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

again, as mentioned before, what are the odds that one universe should swap individuals of another universe where the only noticeable difference between the two is A or E? there have to be more noticeable differences that people from "Stein Universe" should notice, and they would have probably never encountered this minor difference if they hadn't have stumbled across that man's blog, or this thread.

people from "Stain Universe" would probably notice changes in something as well. if two universes are going to merge and swap people, there would be changes for everyone to notice.

edit on 27-6-2014 by Boswell because: had to edit

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Boswell

I know you aren't talking to me, but I will volunteer up some of my reality for you.

Berenstein Bears
Nelson Mandela died in prison.
Jim Nabors died of AIDS.
Larry Hagman died twice now.
The sun used to be more yellow, now it's whiter and hotter.
Tank boy was run over in Tiananmen Square.
Andrew Zimmern was once Andrew Zimmerman.

Okay everybody...ready...set...ATTACK!!
jacy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This is great. As a kid I remember noticing/becoming aware that I had always thought it was and E when I noticed the A. I have just turned 27.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Man, that's a grim world you remember. I'm too young to remember most of those, but I do remember stein. Love what you did with that last one, btw.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
a reply to: jacygirl
Man, that's a grim world you remember. I'm too young to remember most of those, but I do remember stein. Love what you did with that last one, btw.

Hi Lucid,
I'm not sure what you mean by 'that last one', lol...?

I didn't come from a grim world actually...it was nice.
The sky was blue with big puffy clouds...not criss-crossed like an Etch-a-Sketch board.

People in movie theatres stood up and cheered for the 'underdog'.

Families ate meals together at the table...with the television off.

Running errands meant chit-chatting with bank tellers, cashiers, etc...not interacting with computers and machines.

People weren't always texting on their cell phones.

AND...my twin daughters would beg me to read stories to them until they could read by themselves.

Not saying it was perfect, but no one had to work 2 or 3 jobs to pay rent and drive a car...and everyone wasn't always tired and depressed. I miss that world, can you tell?

jacy

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join