It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
An IQ of 138, huh? I'm not going to get into the details involved with how that test was administered. However IQ and giftedness has nothing to do with this.

My IQ is 128. My brothers is 131. Both administered in controlled environments. He remembered stein, I remembered stain.

The main thing I take away from your posts is you are somehow thinking you would be an idiotic failure if you were wrong on this. Since you are self proclaimed gifted genius there can be no way you are wrong so the physical evidence MUST have been altered.

This has nothing to do with how smart someone is. It's just a trick your eyes and mind played on you.

a reply to: Rainbowresidue

edit on 27-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67
Thank you so much dear Magic Wand.
I'm not shy to admit that I know nothing myself, and am still trying to learn.

How ever the parallel universes theory seems right with me. I can't explain it.
It's intuition.
I will keep looking for more theories and more evidence.
And yes, the parallel universes merging have been discussed before, and again those are all theories.
I repeat, theories!
I'm an English teacher by education, but have always found science so interesting,it will be my pleasure to dig deeper.

I'm going to focus on personal art work and theories next.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

And I also take away from this that you would think to be a failure if you'd let this theory slide.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Probably the same way every coworker has mispronounced it even with the book right in front of them. 21 so far and 100% said it wrong even when looking at the actual cover. 7 were not familiar with the series of books.

a reply to: _Del_

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

we have vastly different ideas of Socrates' "i know nothing" quote.

what's a middle ground for you on this topic for you? i'd like to avoid the "we know nothing" and "it's something science has yet to understand" suggestions, they're add nothing to the discussion.

why do you feel that a parallel universe is a proper theory?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Absolutely not. However not one quantum physicist is going to tell you parallel universes merge...You linked a science fiction board...

Show me some physicists studying the potential for merging universes and their subsequent papers.

You haven't actually discussed the only plausible theory concerning parallel universes, and that is that obviously someone has discovered universe rift transportation technology, has been testing it and either by intent or accident has swapped people from two almost identical universes.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Boswell

Actually dear Boswell ,
I'm open to all theories.

I was hoping you'd have another one .

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Right, I'm not arguing that it happens. I think it's interesting that it does, and I don't think we've really addressed why.

For some reason you can't leave the thread until everyone agrees with you. It's it's own subset of interesting

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

Why would I leave a thread that is the subject of my current personal interest? Several of my questions to some if the people I have been addressing have been completely ignored.

Why do people say and spell it wrong even when they have an actual copy of the book?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

TextWhy do people say and spell it wrong even when they have an actual copy of the book?

Why do people still discuss theories over it?
Why do people still wonder when a time-shift happened?
You are interested, I am interested too.
I'm not calling you wrong in any way, and you should do the same unless you are God almighty.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yet again you ignored the question...

And I don't know how it isn't understood that stein is absolutely, unequivocally wrong. So yes, anyone who says it is or was spelled stein has been already 100% proven wrong. Whether the universe was altered doesn't change that the physical evidence has proven that it has always been spelled stain, at least in this universe.

Now, are you wrong that there is a parallel universe? I doubt it, I accept string theory for the most part.

Are you wrong that universes merged? According to the proponents of string theory, yes. They don't merge, they explode.

You linked a science fiction message board to substantiate your idea.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is freakin weird. I've been avoiding this thread for awhile now because I figured it was just some random BS some crackpot lizard people theorist cooked up on the internet. But this? This is twilight zone stuff. I totally remember Berenstein bears, and so does everyone I know. Even my mom, who used to buy these books for me all the time when I was little. What is even spookier, is that when you type in Berenstein Bears in google, it autocorrects to Berenstain, and Berenstein does not show up at all in the suggestions. How can that be if so many people remember it being Berenstein?

I don't know what the heck is going on here. Maybe some sort of mass delusion? Just really, really strange. Almost reminds me of that thunderbird picture that everyone remembers seeing, that no longer seems to exist.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Join the club dear DS., but be aware some people will call you disillusioned or even wrong for joining,and will say that you're just simply off about this.

The other part of us, the people, who believe it to be spelled as 'Berenstein' will ask if you have any supporting memories or recollections.

edit on 27/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Why do people say and spell it wrong even when they have an actual copy of the book?

Great point. People today who read the books still swear it is Berenstein, even though the books today clearly say "Berenstain"

So there are people today who are mistakenly thinking it is an "e" when it is really an "a". Considering that, it seems logical that people 30 years ago could have made the same mistake.

edit on 6/27/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Maybe Google is involved...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

i've shared a few ideas on what's likely to have happened:

- familiarity (amongst adults) of Stein, spelling and pronunciation, and applying it to Stain. this would influence many children in how they pronounce it growing up.
- we have a tendency to gloss over words or read a word incorrectly without realizing it.
- we often reconstruct memories when we reflect on them, or alter them.
- confirmation bias.
- the human ability to deceive itself and the extent to which a human is willing to deceive itself.
- the desire for there to be more to reality than reality.
- stubbornness.

parallel universes, manipulation of time, mass mind alteration, swapping of individuals from one universe to another, etc. are all things i want to believe happened in this situation but i can't. for a brief moment, when i first read the Stein/Stain responses, my impulse was to jump to Stein as well (because it was crazy awesome and could prove we live in a simulation!) and then i remembered my confusion about its pronunciation. but during the moment i was excited, my mind was printing "Berenstein" onto the book my grandparents owned and i knew what i was doing, letting my desire override everything.

the ideas i offer are the only ones i can think of that can keep us close to common ground.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think string theory is nonscientific nonsense, but since you accept it: Given a near-infinite number of Level III universes under the MWI, numbers of those branched histories will later be indistinguishable despite a previous branching of history in which they were distinct.
They were at one point the same, branched and are now the again the same.

That's just assuming they were not always the same. It's also possible under MWI that they have always been Berenstein in this history before quantum decoherence resulted in this history in which the books and all evidence of them physically changed. Or pick a variable, they all play out through MWI.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Boswell
Dear B.,

I'd like to agree with you, but I can't.
See, my parents traveled around Europe when I was little and exposed me to the Berenstein bears as a child, even saw the cartoons in German on Austrian Tv and I can say for sure , we called it the Berenstein bears.

edit on 27/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yet again you somehow think it will reflect badly on you and your parents, or that it is somehow calling your intelligence into question...that isn't the case. Is my brother an idiot for thinking Bernstein? Is my mom and idiot for thinking Berenstein? Is my mom an idiot for pronouncing it wrong? It has nothing to do with intelligence. My mother is/was an author who had a couple successful books...yet she pronounced it wrong and didn't even realize it was spelled stain until her 10 year old brought it up.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: raymundoko

Great point. People today who read the books still swear it is Berenstein, even though the books today clearly say "Berenstain"

So there are people today who are mistakenly thinking it is an "e" when it is really an "a". Considering that, it seems logical that people 30 years ago could have made the same mistake.

Finally experienced this myself today. I went to Barnes & Noble and asked an employee (appeared to be about fifty something) if they had a series of books about a family of bears. He said yes, and pronounced it baronsteen. I asked how the name was spelled, he said berinstein. I asked if it has always been spelled that way and he said yes. He then showed me to the books and pointed them out in their display rack. I mentioned the differences in spelling and his only reply was a short huh. I touched the "a" and asked if it has always been spelled this way, again he said yes. I then mentioned the parallel universe angle as the reason for my curiosity about this. He seemed a bit uncomfortable after that so I just thanked him and left.

Make of that what you will ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join